Thread: first gear suit

Spyder Garage

Default first gear suit

Got one comeing from Ron. What do you wear under it if it's around 40-45 degrees.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Got one comeing from Ron. What do you wear under it if it's around 40-45 degrees.
    Not much...ha ha I got the same from Ron. Great suit. I wear my jeans and light long sleeve shirt. If it might turn colder during the day, I carry my battery powered Gerbling jacket to put on if needed. Enjoy your ride.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Armor is STILL needed

Remember that the 1st gear suit has no protection built in.... you still need to wear your protective gear UNDER the onesie..... I usually wear my summer weight jacket and pants under the suit.... carry another layer to put on if it gets really cold.....
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Ne

I am a complete newcomer here. In fact so new I am simply wannbe. Wbild I rode on 2 wheels for many years. I quit about a few years ago. Recently my wife and k rode a spyder and decided it is time to return to riding. Seeing the post by Mr Cognac gave me. Courage to post here. First he is almost a neighbor, as we have a home off of 1340 west of Hunt, Tx. Second he is older than I am. Up front some of my questions may sound dumb. I admit to being very ignorant about three wheelers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    I am a complete newcomer here. In fact so new I am simply wannbe. Wbild I rode on 2 wheels for many years. I quit about a few years ago. Recently my wife and k rode a spyder and decided it is time to return to riding. Seeing the post by Mr Cognac gave me. Courage to post here. First he is almost a neighbor, as we have a home off of 1340 west of Hunt, Tx. Second he is older than I am. Up front some of my questions may sound dumb. I admit to being very ignorant about three wheelers.

The only really dumb question is the one you did not ask and assumed the wrong answer....

Welcome to Spyderlovers. Ask away. Might give us something to discuss other than the weather and Spyderfest.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The only really dumb question is the one you did not ask and assumed the wrong answer....

Welcome to Spyderlovers. Ask away. Might give us something to discuss other than the weather and Spyderfest.
    I appreciate your response. As I look at Spyders I see that the mfg is very proud of them. If I can figure out how to begin a thread I would like input from riders who have ridden pre 2014 as well as 2014 / 15 Spyders to compare the experience.

Registered Users
    Tri Cities of Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville
    Spyder Garage

Cool Welcome Wannabe!

Welcome to the world of Spyders! First things first...... go to the "Spyder General Discussion" tab under "Forum" and read the "Do's and Do Not's . . . " It's a great place to start. It is where I gathered a lot of info before I purchased mine, a 2012 RT A&E. I'm only a decade younger than Mr Cognac but like him, I am retired USAF also. Ask away with your questions..... it's the only way to learn besides actually riding one.
    Take Care,
    Allen B.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    Don't worry about it! I still think like a newbie sometimes. For example, when I read the first post in this thread, I was trying to figure out why Grayfox wanted a suit for just first gear, and if he intended to change when he hit second.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Welcome! And don't worry for a minute about being a newbie. I lurked for several months absorbing everything I could about Spyders before purchasing mine. The second biggest thing you can do for yourself after prowling all over this site is to RTFM -- cover to cover -- several times.

Good luck, ride safe!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S