Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Had a great ride yesterday

Weather has been great lately and finally got my wife on the back for a ride. Took a very non-scenic route due to the time of day and cooler temps to come. Wife aint used to that. Took I40 out of Winston to I77 to 421. Main reason for this route was to see how she liked the wind and the temps doin 80MPH. Nice, fast hundred mile circle. We both enjoyed the ride and for the first time we saw another Spyder on the road in WS. Gonna ride again today and hopefully I will have my Baby ridin with me.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Was that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Weather has been great lately and finally got my wife on the back for a ride. Took a very non-scenic route due to the time of day and cooler temps to come. Wife aint used to that. Took I40 out of Winston to I77 to 421. Main reason for this route was to see how she liked the wind and the temps doin 80MPH. Nice, fast hundred mile circle. We both enjoyed the ride and for the first time we saw another Spyder on the road in WS. Gonna ride again today and hopefully I will have my Baby ridin with me.
    Today was a nice day. I got together with a few friends and I did 217 miles today. I meet a spyder on 64 east of Asheboro around 3 this afternoon. I was leading the way on my black 2014 RT, there were 3 bikes, and then my buddy was bringing up the rear on a white 2014 RT. We also saw another white RT at sheetz service station in Asheboro as we were leaving (regular there was priced at $2.11 and then a .03 discount with a card).
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Today was a nice day. I got together with a few friends and I did 217 miles today. I meet a spyder on 64 east of Asheboro around 3 this afternoon. I was leading the way on my black 2014 RT, there were 3 bikes, and then my buddy was bringing up the rear on a white 2014 RT. We also saw another white RT at sheetz service station in Asheboro as we were leaving (regular there was priced at $2.11 and then a .03 discount with a card).
    Hey Lightning,

I'm pretty sure it was my wife and I that you saw east of Asheboro. We were on a Lava Bronze RT with LED front fender strips. We turned around 30 miles outside of Raleigh and were headed for home. It starts getting cool around 4, and we were about an hour from home.
    We also passed 2 other groups of bikes with one Spyder in each group.
    I was impressed with the gas prices in Asheboro also. During our travels yesterday we saw gas prices around Statesville at a high of $2.49, and a low of $2.34 right off I-77. I guess I don't totally understand gas pricing.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Great..!!

sounds like a great ryde especially the fact you both enjoyed it. Get out there while you can...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plyrod38 View Post
    Hey Lightning,

I'm pretty sure it was my wife and I that you saw east of Asheboro. We were on a Lava Bronze RT with LED front fender strips. We turned around 30 miles outside of Raleigh and were headed for home. It starts getting cool around 4, and we were about an hour from home.
    We also passed 2 other groups of bikes with one Spyder in each group.
    I was impressed with the gas prices in Asheboro also. During our travels yesterday we saw gas prices around Statesville at a high of $2.49, and a low of $2.34 right off I-77. I guess I don't totally understand gas pricing.
    I think it was you! I was not sure that it was a brown spyder, but I thought it was. We will have to make plans to meet somewhere in between. I need to do some research to see where Rockwell is. We often end up in Asheboro. We will take back roads to get there (normally 42), but 64 makes for a good, quick ride back. I also like being able to use cruise control and not worry about I-40 traffic. Shoot me a pm if you are going to be in the Raleigh area.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear of another great ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I think it was you! I was not sure that it was a brown spyder, but I thought it was. We will have to make plans to meet somewhere in between. I need to do some research to see where Rockwell is. We often end up in Asheboro. We will take back roads to get there (normally 42), but 64 makes for a good, quick ride back. I also like being able to use cruise control and not worry about I-40 traffic. Shoot me a pm if you are going to be in the Raleigh area.
    Yes Sir,

We'll do it. I was running on cruise for a good bit of the ryde. I got a bit over 31 mpg, which is excellent for my 998.

Rockwell is about 12 miles S.E of Salisbury, a tiny town with 3 traffic lights. I retired in November but while I was working, I did a 100 mile round trip commute to Charlotte every day for 31 years, 7 months.

We have a small group of 5 Spyder Ryders that meets every Sunday morning 9:30 for breakfast at Punchy's Diner on 29 in Concord, sometimes more or less. I know it would be a long ryde for you, but you are invited along with any friends, two, three, or four wheels. When the weather is bad we are in cages.

Are you planning on attending Spyderfest?

Take Care and keep in touch,
    Bill
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Riding NC

Great to see others out and about last several days. I finished installing Bajaron sway bar today, but I was out riding along hwy 64 ,109,220 and 85 Friday and Sat. Great to see others in the area riding,,,,

Spyder Garage

Default Rode the BRP on Saturday too

My wife and I rode on the BRP on Saturday also. She suggested it. Had a great time but she didnt like me taking the twisties too fast. I took a photo of her and the Spyder and she jokingly (sort of ) complained about me posting it on FB with her helmet hair. Thought I would see a lot more bikes out but didnt see too many, and it was a beautiful day out. Im glad she loves riding as much as I do. She wont ride when its cold but I ride as long as it aint raining.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Detour on BRP

Forgot to mention that there was a detour on the BRP between Rt 21 and Rt 18. Not sure how long it will be like that bit thought I would warn everyone around here.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Real Close

We have a small group of 5 Spyder Ryders that meets every Sunday morning 9:30 for breakfast at Punchy's Diner on 29 in Concord, sometimes more or less. I know it would be a long ryde for you, but you are invited along with any friends, two, three, or four wheels. When the weather is bad we are in cages. Bill
    Great to know. It's only a short poke from home if I get the bones out of bed early enough.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Glad to see others are out in N.C.. I don't see very many, but when I do, I get excited. I do plan on going to Myrtle Beach for the gathering. We will probably just do a day ride. It is only 2.5-3 hours ride for us from the Raleigh area.
    We do plan on doing a trip to the Maggie Valley area from June 10-14. This is something that we have been doing for the past 7 years. It started as a M109 gathering, but over the years, we have changed bikes and such, but we always go and have a great time. We have people from Canada to Florida and have a wonderful time. I will do a separate post once we get all the information together. Hope some of you can join us.

Spyder Garage

We participated in the gathering at Myrtle Beach in 2014. We enjoyed it. I haven't seen anything regarding it for 2015. It seems like it conflicted with Spyderfest in 2014.
    We will be attending Spyderfest in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Cool Spyder Ralley myrtle beach

We participated in the gathering at Myrtle Beach in 2014. We enjoyed it. I haven't seen anything regarding it for 2015. It seems like it conflicted with Spyderfest in 2014.
    We will be attending Spyderfest in 2015.

Is May 2-9 2015 North American Spyder Ralley Myrtle Beach
    all information is online. spyderrally.com

I was in attendances in Octomber at Fontana, looking forward to Myrtle Beach

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jmez View Post

I hope they show a schedule of events for each day like Mustang Week. I plan on going, but will not be able to stay. I would just like to ride down for certain days for some of the events. Just need to know what is going on, and when.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jmez View Post

Thanks Jmez,
    We have a bunch of events planned for 2015. We love Myrtle Beach. Maybe we can all meet up there.

Thanks Again,
    Bill

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It was nice enough out yesterday that my wife and i rode for about an hour to do some errands and i finally
    tested the blue tooth on my helmet when an annoying friend calls me about 4 times.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    It was nice enough out yesterday that my wife and i rode for about an hour to do some errands and i finally
    tested the blue tooth on my helmet when an annoying friend calls me about 4 times.
    I have been looking into getting a bluetooth for my wife and me. What kind did you get, and does it work easily?

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    I have been looking into getting a bluetooth for my wife and me. What kind did you get, and does it work easily?
    Lots of threads on here about Bluetooth comparisons.

We started with a cheap no name set from Amazon. Graduated to a Scala set. Now have a set of the Sena 10's and they have the most volume of any, The other sets we had to run them wide open on volume to hear on the freeways. The Sena wide open volume hurts my ears!
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbirds View Post
    Lots of threads on here about Bluetooth comparisons.

We started with a cheap no name set from Amazon. Graduated to a Scala set. Now have a set of the Sena 10's and they have the most volume of any, The other sets we had to run them wide open on volume to hear on the freeways. The Sena wide open volume hurts my ears!
    We will be going with the Sena 10's. Good reviews. Just hope they work good with our 3/4 helmets.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic