Thread: GPS

Spyder Garage

Default GPS

Need some ideas on how some of you have installed a 12 volt adapter in order to plug in a portable GPS and other 12 volt devises.

Thanks
    Larry

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I did..!!

the power outlet I put in the frunk and ran the cord up to the bars. A ball joint mounted there lets me hook up the gps when needed.
    20130228_115823.jpg funny thing is that as a wander'er I have seldom used it. We just pick a backroad and follow it to where ever it may lead us. But when we do need it this works well....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lmadsen View Post
    Need some ideas on how some of you have installed a 12 volt adapter in order to plug in a portable GPS and other 12 volt devises.

Thanks
    Larry
    What are you riding? It will make a difference for the placement of power ports and mounts.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, knowing what you ride helps.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 12 VOLT POWER SOURCE

Thanks
    Larry
    .....Although Larry didn't want to tell us ​, I searched and found out He has 2014 RTS. Sooooooooooooo, what I did because I have the Basic RT was to take out the dummy covers on the dash surround and put in TWO 12 volt auto receptacles. One I use as a cigarette lighter and the other is for My GPS power source .....both have their own separate fuses and connect directly to the Battery ........................The 12 V receptacles were $ 4.00 each at my local auto parts store..........Hope this helps you out......Merry Christmas ......Mike

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I powered my 12 volt outlet using the same wire I use for my battery tender.I unplug the battery tender then plug in the wire going to my 12 volt outlet using the tender wire going to the battery.Simple and easy to do.The pics is the location of my 12 volt outlet on my 2014 RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Default riding

Thanks
    Larry
    I am riding a 2014 RTS. Sorry I did not let you guys know what I was riding. Thanks for some of the ideas already.

Larry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

JT (on the home page) has all the stuff you need to mount and power up your dash accessories. His stuff is really helpful if you don't want to figure it all out yourself at the auto store.

Marry Christmas to all

PS after Santa drops off the new farcles I plan to do a little shopping myself.

Spyder Garage

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I use JT's toys they are the best. Ck him out .you will be happy.. Just do it get it done...

Spyder Garage

Here is what I did on a RSS:
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.