Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default International Motorcycle show in NYC...

Hey all!
    Just got back from the Javits Center in New York City. The International Motorcycle Show was pretty darn great this year.
    Eight of us toddled on down there for the show...
    My initial impressions:
    The
    F-3 is going to be a fabulous bike for BRP! The seating position is really comfortable, and the U-Fit system personalizes very well...
    The floorboards that you can mount on the F-3 are expensive; but gorgeous!
    The Special Series RT's windshield grows on you after a little while...
    The funky colors of the new RS... Still not sold on them; but getting closer!
    Oh! They had four Slingshots in the building; it IS possible to climb in an out of them without trouble! Just step in with both feet, and THEN sit your butt down in the seat! Climbing out is the reverse of this process. Prior attempts to climb in with one leg in the car, sitting down, and then dragging the other leg inside the cockpit was pretty awkward...
    They had the Kawasaki H2 and H2R on site; get your order ready, and call your dealer... They only building them to order, and the deadline in December 19th... be the first kid on your block with a 300 hp bike!
    They start at $25,000, and go up; mostly up!
    BRP really needed to bring a WHOLE lot more clothing to the show... They had almost nothing on the hangers, when you compared them to almost all of the other vendors.
    Harley brought the Live Wire bike; nice toy... no useful range at all.
    After I get done with kicking through the pictures; I'll try to post some of the ones that might be in focus!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

glad you had a good show. They were shy accessories/clothing here (Long Beach) as well. And test rydes were limited to 11 F3's and 1 RT although that seems to be going on everywhere... ing for the pic's...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was also at the show today from 10am to 3pm.Good show.The F3 for me not impressed.I thought maybe I made a mistake getting a 2014 RTS 4 months ago but that went out the window after seeing the F3.Yes nice for BRP but not for me.Then the other toy I wanted to see how does a 6' 2" 275 guy get in the Slingshot..........HE DOESN'T Overall good show with all the other bikes and gadgets to see.My top pick goes to the 2015 Indian Scout nice bike if you like 2 wheels.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to the show when it gets to DC in January.

But I *did* get to sit in a Slingshot today for the first time at my dealer (he sells both Spyders and Slingshots). My initial impression? A lot bigger than I expected (it *is* wide), comfy enough to get in and out of (I fit just fine), the shifter was a longer throw than I would have liked, a LOT of plastic (as expected), and all in all a very nice, impractical toy for $20K. Looking forward to riding (driving?) one soon!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Neat report, Bob. Glad you got to go and enjoyed it.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I saw the show today.
    Like most things, I guess, it ain't like I remember.
    I saw the F3 and sat on one. HSG tried to sit on one as well. I can see how some will like them, but others will pass.
    The slingshot.....that's a NICE machine. It was remarkably larger than I thought it would be.
    The show itself seemed to be smaller and tamer.
    Did I miss any of the special exhibitions ?
    Vintage motorcycles ?
    Land Speed Record vehicles ?
    I thought the manufacturers took up about half the floor space.
    Vendors took up another 30% and the rest was taken up by the food service and the stunt riders.
    All in all, entertaining, but not as big as I remember older shows.

Who knows, I'm going to do the same thing again in January when the Boat Show comes to town.
    Yes, Spring came early this season. I got the bill from the boatyard for next season.

EEEESH
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have been to the show in past years but was not thrilled when they moved it from January to December. Couldn't make it this year because of moving. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! 045.jpg Beautiful paint, nice stereo, and for sale!
    (The Missus wouldn't let me bring it on the Ferry... )

Spyder Garage

Holy Cow... that Indian is beautiful! Thanks for the pictures!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

i sat on a indian, the leather is unreal
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I loved the styling of the Indians as well; I'm having trouble with the concept of a liquid-cooled version...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What'd you think of the fellow who was touting Indian as America's oldest motorcycle company?
    They WERE started in 1901; two years before Harley...
    But they did take about a half-century off for a "nap"...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey all!
    Just got back from the Javits Center in New York City. The International Motorcycle Show was pretty darn great this year.
    Eight of us toddled on down there for the show...
    My initial impressions:
    The
    F-3 is going to be a fabulous bike for BRP! The seating position is really comfortable, and the U-Fit system personalizes very well...
    The floorboards that you can mount on the F-3 are expensive; but gorgeous!
    The Special Series RT's windshield grows on you after a little while...
    The funky colors of the new RS... Still not sold on them; but getting closer!
    Oh! They had four Slingshots in the building; it IS possible to climb in an out of them without trouble! Just step in with both feet, and THEN sit your butt down in the seat! Climbing out is the reverse of this process. Prior attempts to climb in with one leg in the car, sitting down, and then dragging the other leg inside the cockpit was pretty awkward...
    They had the Kawasaki H2 and H2R on site; get your order ready, and call your dealer... They only building them to order, and the deadline in December 19th... be the first kid on your block with a 300 hp bike!
    They start at $25,000, and go up; mostly up!
    BRP really needed to bring a WHOLE lot more clothing to the show... They had almost nothing on the hangers, when you compared them to almost all of the other vendors.
    Harley brought the Live Wire bike; nice toy... no useful range at all.
    After I get done with kicking through the pictures; I'll try to post some of the ones that might be in focus!

Your point about getting in and out of the Slingshot is 100% correct. I was in one yesterday at my dealership in Atlantic, IA but found it very difficult to get into cuz I did't learn the two legs in and two legs out trick??? It is different but think I am a Spyder Ryder for life. It may be appealing for some? Minimal storage behind the seats. dealer didn't know if a hitch could be installed or not for a trailer??? Pricing is viable though...
    THE BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the run down on the show Bob.
    Look forward to seeing some of your pics!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

my victory kingpin was also water cooled and never had a problem, but as far as the indian goes it is a matter of taste, i know a couple of people that have them but the fenders on the bike just don't do it for me
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    I was also at the show today from 10am to 3pm.Good show.The F3 for me not impressed.I thought maybe I made a mistake getting a 2014 RTS 4 months ago but that went out the window after seeing the F3.Yes nice for BRP but not for me.Then the other toy I wanted to see how does a 6' 2" 275 guy get in the Slingshot..........HE DOESN'T Overall good show with all the other bikes and gadgets to see.My top pick goes to the 2015 Indian Scout nice bike if you like 2 wheels.
    wasn't at the show this weekend, but did manage to get in and out of a slingshot at waite powersports in adams cnter ny. i'm 5'10"(255#'s) and after trying it one way and then doing it the right way, I had no problem at all. step into it with two feet and then sit down. reverse the procedure and step out.

Spyder Garage

Some 2015 Indian Scout pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Some Spyder pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    wasn't at the show this weekend, but did manage to get in and out of a slingshot at waite powersports in adams cnter ny. i'm 5'10"(255#'s) and after trying it one way and then doing it the right way, I had no problem at all. step into it with two feet and then sit down. reverse the procedure and step out.
    Yes I will have to try again.My salesgirl was there and told me to come to the dealership and try sitting in it again.Less audience the better