Thread: Nice out today!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice out today!

Temps were in the upper 50's and low 60's today. So, I got with one of my M109 buddies (Big Mike), and we made a 165 mile circle. We left my house in Apex, went to Fuquay. Once there, we took 42 west to Asheboro. After grabbing a bite to eat at Cookout (only one that I have ever been to that has a place to sit and eat), we headed back up 64 back to Apex. I wanted to scoot over and ride "Old Liberty Rd., but I had to get home to baby sit one of the grandkids. Overall, a good day. I did stop to take a picture at a location that I have passed many times. Finally got to mark it off my to do list. Maybe I can do it again once the scenery is a little better, and the spyder is clean.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Envy, envy!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yeah... wonderful riding weather here today also.. temps were in the mid 70's and sunny.. tomorrow is forecasted to be a tad warmer... yeahhh... is winter finally over ?

osm

Spyder Garage

We also ventured out for a nice 200 mile cruise around the lake.
    uploadfromtaptalk1418518817413.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

glad you were able to get in a nice ryde and still make it back to babysit... hope you have more days like this..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I had such a nice time last Saturday, that I decided to do it again. I got with another friend of mine from the M109 forums that is up here from Florida for the holidays. We did the same 165 mile loop, plus a trip down Old Liberty Rd. out of Asheboro. While in Asheboro, we grabbed a bite to eat at Cook Out. While there, I met another spyder rider on a Pearl white 2014 RT (sorry I didn't remember your name). Anyway, maybe next time I can get another spyder to come along for the ride.

Spyder Garage

That black Spyder looks sharp! Seems like perfect riding weather to me.

Spyder Garage

Default Old Liberty Rd

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I had such a nice time last Saturday, that I decided to do it again. I got with another friend of mine from the M109 forums that is up here from Florida for the holidays. We did the same 165 mile loop, plus a trip down Old Liberty Rd. out of Asheboro. While in Asheboro, we grabbed a bite to eat at Cook Out. While there, I met another spyder rider on a Pearl white 2014 RT (sorry I didn't remember your name). Anyway, maybe next time I can get another spyder to come along for the ride.
    You mentioned "Old Liberty Rd". I live up near Asheville, get down there occasionally. I'm curious what's special about that road. Do you ride from Asheboro to Liberty? TIA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StillKickin View Post
    You mentioned "Old Liberty Rd". I live up near Asheville, get down there occasionally. I'm curious what's special about that road. Do you ride from Asheboro to Liberty? TIA
    Since you live in Asheville, it will probably not be much for you, but for those of us to the east, it gives us a chance to hit some twisty roads until we are able to get to the mountains. I love the mountains, and if I was lucky enough to live in the Asheville area, it would be heaven. There is nothing technical about Old Liberty road, but it can get interesting really quick on some of the 1 lane bridges. We normally hit the road leaving Asheboro, and take it until we hit 421. Then we head back to 64. Maybe we can get together when we do our annual trip to the Maggie Valley area. I will be posting definate dates next month.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice out today again

We went for a quick 125 mile spin down through the Sumter National Forrest in South Carolina today.
    Supposed to be nice again tomorrow!
    KIMG0003.jpg
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders

Spyder Garage

I will spend time with the wife and daughter tomorrow since she is off work, but Saturday I will ride.

Spyder Garage

Default Beautiful day

Nice out this morning if your a duck! The rain is supposed to move out and Sunday is supposed to be sunny.
    Time for a ride.

2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbirds View Post
    Nice out this morning if your a duck! The rain is supposed to move out and Sunday is supposed to be sunny.
    Time for a ride.
    Yep, very rainy here as well. I will play hookie from church tomorrow so I can take my daughter out for breakfast and see her off to App. State after being home for the past week for spring break. After that, I may ride for a while. Suppose to be upper 60's and sunny.