Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs and passenger pegs

Hi,

In several weeks I will pick up my new Spyder!! I am considering highway pegs and lowering the passenger pegs. This may be a repeat for many of you, but what have you tried that you like? I was looking at the Kewlmetal highway mounting brackets with the Kuryakyn pegs.

I have read also that there is a way to lower the passenger pegs.

Thanks,
    Kathy

Spyder Garage

welcome

There are a couple of options now for highway pegs. One thing you need to consider is how long your legs are. Mine work great for me but are too long for some. There are ways to bring them closer by using longer arms.

As far as the passenger pegs go everything is pretty much home grown right now.

Let us know when you get your Spyder and be sure to post some pics.

Spyder Garage
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

passenger pegs - contact philaii@bellsouth.net
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Passenger pegs

Not to toot my own horn, but my design should be ready for resale by the end of the week. Here is the link to Pict's I have posted.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7658

Note: The first set of parts are in for powder coating now. Suppose to be ready by Friday.

PM me if you are interested.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs

I recently purchased a used 2008 sports and I'm loving it, got arthritis in the knees so this is a perfect way for me to ride, always wanted a bike.

My only problem is that with my leg under me all the time I get severe pain in the knee after a while, and it's only alleviated by getting my leg straight. I would love to be able to do this without stopping, since I can keep my right handy for the brake if needed, and still put my left up to rest it. I have seen many highway pegs for sale now but most of them only list the newer models and I need to be able to find some that will fit the 2008 without major mods. I'll have the dealer install them, but obviously if there was a change in the chassis from 2008 to 2011 it might be a problem.

Any input would be appreciated, it would mean enabling me to ride longer distances, but I don't want to get pegs that won't fit my model.

Ken

Spyder Garage

Default Passenger pegs

Put tfischers extensions on my 2008.Real simple install . No problem clearing Micron muffler and the wife loved them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tjfischer View Post
    Not to toot my own horn, but my design should be ready for resale by the end of the week. Here is the link to Pict's I have posted.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7658

Note: The first set of parts are in for powder coating now. Suppose to be ready by Friday.

PM me if you are interested.
    Been using these 2 years now and no problems, it was my first mod. My wife hated the stock setup.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.