Thread: Radio Antenna

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Radio Antenna

I am new to this site and this is my first post. Also, I am a new Can Am owner. I have a 2014 Limited and the radio antenna was broken off. Do any of the repair manuals illustrate how to replace the antenna? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey View Post
    I am new to this site and this is my first post. Also, I am a new Can Am owner. I have a 2014 Limited and the radio antenna was broken off. Do any of the repair manuals illustrate how to replace the antenna? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

The antenna mast just screws into the holder beneath the tupperware, just pull the rubber boot off, unscrew the broken or bad antenna and replace it, be sure to replace the rubber boot to prevent water from entering.

If you need more info please tell us what info you are looking for and we will try to help.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The antenna mast just screws into the holder beneath the tupperware, just pull the rubber boot off, unscrew the broken or bad antenna and replace it, be sure to replace the rubber boot to prevent water from entering.

If you need more info please tell us what info you are looking for and we will try to help.

Cruzr Joe
    In my case, they either cross threaded, or used threadlocker. Next time I'm back there, I may need to take the block out, and put it in a vice. Luckily, my antenna isn't broken, I was just thinking of replacing it with a shorty.

Spyder Garage

That happened to my Spyder as well dealer took care of it as a warranty issue
    Bryan

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANTENNA REMOVAL

You can slide a 7 mm socket down what's left of the shaft if any and then grasp it with vise grips.......But before you do this use some BRAKFREE or similar stuff first....good luck.......................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since they've got the "Antenna Part" of the conversation covered...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Nu2Spyder

Drill out the antenna from the base and glue the antenna back in the hole you drilled. My question is, where can you get a boot that fits other than dealer?
    Last edited by NU2Spyder; 12-10-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Since they've got the "Antenna Part" of the conversation covered...
    x 2.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NU2Spyder View Post
    Drill out the antenna from the base and glue the antenna back in the hole you drilled. My question is, where can you get a boot that fits other than dealer?
    You can't ... That boot is tapered especially to match the slanted contour of the hole that it fills.
    Oh!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

image.jpgMine didn't break just made custom. Forget what thread it was, may sell original, fyi is a '13 , pm me
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Face it and go to the dealer.

Warranty or out of pocket, you might as well fix it right. Don't even consider doing anything besides putting the correct antenna and rubber boot back on it. Reception is only OK under normal conditions so don't cut corners here. IMHO

Spyder Garage

Cagey- I'm in Tyler if you want me to look at it. I agree that your dealer should handle it as warranty, but I'm happy to check it for you. Feel free to email me - genesis@genesisworld.com and I'll get my cell number to you. We'll conquor this!

Spyder Garage

go to Wal-Mart and look for antenna that costs about $9.00. I put one my 2012. search on this site for it. I found it here. It is a warranty problem hope you get it replaced by dealer.

Active Member RockyMountainRider50's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Check youtube!

Check out my youtube video titled Can Am Spyder RT antenna repair. Hopes it helps you.
    2012 RT LTD & RT-622 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Radio Antenna

My antenna broke off last year. I have the antenna. I don't plan on using the radio. Can I just remove the part that is still on the Spyder, smooth the rough end on the broken part then re-insert the slightly shorter mast?
    I have a 2012 RT SE5 with the audio package
    Rob Harris, USN, ret
    Thank you all of our future, present and former military for your service throughout the world.