Spyder Garage

Default Rodney Dangerfield Syndrome

"I get no Respect". Went to a bike night in Plant City Florida tonight. I was shunned and ignored by the mostly Harley crowd. Oh well....at least the venders would take my money!

It was a beautiful night...75 degrees..for an evening ride with my lovely.

Cheers
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
    "I get no Respect". Went to a bike night in Plant City Florida tonight. I was shunned and ignored by the mostly Harley crowd. Oh well....at least the venders would take my money!

Cheers

it's funny but when a lot of Harley riders are all bunched up together like a covey of quail, sometimes they act like you don't exist. But ... if there are just a few of them or lord knows if they are single riders, they will come over and talk your ear off.

I don't get it why they act like that and I really don't let it bother me either.

Spyder Garage

Did you ever watch Grease when John Travolta was around his buddies he was an ass towards Oliva Newton John, but by himself, he was all about her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Default Water off a ducks back...!!

you handled it well. Don't let it get to you they have to keep face. If you find one who will talk to you the rest will come along. If not no love lost.. they aren't worth it... But it is true their attitude changes by the number present...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

We had planned to go to plant city last night, but had signed on to do a local Christmas parade. Tossing out beads and candy, we had almost as much fun as the kids. If you want to do a ryde pm me, maybe we will get together.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Well...

You DID mention him...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1 View Post
    We had planned to go to plant city last night, but had signed on to do a local Christmas parade. Tossing out beads and candy, we had almost as much fun as the kids. If you want to do a ryde pm me, maybe we will get together.

Maybe if I was tossing them beads and candy they would have been friendlier

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe; maybe not...
    It's tough to tell what a herd of sheep are gonna do...
    images.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Rodney Dangerfield Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Mobey View Post

Cheers
    I would be far more concerned if the pirates had something good to say.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

I look at the situation as being their loss and not mine. Too snobby to talk to me, that's cool.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's always more fun to listen to what the voices in my head are saying!

Spyder Garage

Default IT'S CALLED

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    it's funny but when a lot of Harley riders are all bunched up together like a covey of quail, sometimes they act like you don't exist. But ... if there are just a few of them or lord knows if they are single riders, they will come over and talk your ear off.

I don't get it why they act like that and I really don't let it bother me either.
    THE "HERD MENTALITY"

herd-of-cows.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So; you've also, heard of herds...
    herd-of-cows.jpgimages.jpg

And that's no Bull...

Spyder Garage

I've gotten the cold shoulder a few times when I've pulled in to a gas station to fill up or for a break... I'd get a few people now and then come up and ask questions, usually then people in cages, some older Harley, metric cruiser,or other riders who appreciate that I'm just another rider out there enjoying the ride, just like everyone else. Usually it's the younger riders, either the "big bad**** biker" crowd, BMW adventure or the Mach-1 crotch rocket who seem to give me the cold shoulder , non-waiving, or just plain ignorant hostility.

Spyder Garage

Too bad you couldn't race the Harley's on the way home. They would have seen how cool Spyders look from the back!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

I enjoy the ride and what i ride

Don't care what others think

Spyder Garage

Hi bmc

Re: I enjoy the ride and what i ride Don't care what others think

^^^^^^^ This.

Sort of like a wife, 'I don't care what others think. I enjoy . . . . '

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

December 7th was the Toys 4 Tots run and out of about 500 riders, 3 of us had Spyders. My friends all ride Harley's and all have praised me in getting back to riding and most know if they want to continue riding when they get older, a Spyder could be in their future. Most are impressed with the power and know that the Rotax engine is one of the best made.

Yes! I did get some crap from a few that came up to me about it and opening my wallet, I just showed them my DAV card and two of my friends who are also Vets asked if they had any other questions? Both of which served with SF's and one rode a Harley trike and told these guys to try it before you knock it.

So don't take it personally! There are jerks no matter where you go and 99.9% of the time I pay no attention to them.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your friends will always be happy for your choice to get back in the winds...

...Who cares what anybody else thinks or says?

Spyder Garage

I find the reactions curious but I truely don't care. I could have bought any trike I wanted but I chose the best and I am super happy with the choice I made. And yes you are right my Harley Buddies are just happy to see me back.

Cheers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a friend who owned a Yamaha dealership. He also had a weekend place right on the Old Forge snowmobile trail system.
    He invited us up for a weekend of snow-flattening, and I asked him what he'd tell his other friends about us; we rode Polaris.
    "No problem", he says, "I'll just tell them that your ignorant, and don't know any better."
    Friends can always joke with one another!