Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Am I wrong on this?

I stopped by a friends place on my Spyder RTL where a group of people I know where all sitting around having a happy hour. I went away to have a look at something for the home owner and when I came back I find a elderly couple sitting on my Spyder "trying it out".

To say I was pissed off would be an understatement. As subtly as I could...not easy for a retired Leo...I impressed upon them the lack of etiquette they displayed and let it go as best I could.

Was I wrong?
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
    I stopped by a friends place on my Spyder RTL where a group of people I know where all sitting around having a happy hour. I went away to have a look at something for the home owner and when I came back I find a elderly couple sitting on my Spyder "trying it out".

To say I was pissed off would be an understatement. As subtly as I could...not easy for a retired Leo...I impressed upon them the lack of etiquette they displayed and let it go as best I could.

Was I wrong?

No you were right, Why do people feel they have the right to do this?

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default You were right on!

Some peoples gall is unbelievable.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's vendor on EBay; Spyder Sisters. they sell a seat cover that you can easily hook to the bars and rear passenger grab rails... It's a great detterrent for about thirty bucks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default No, not wrong.

Go to the home page and click on Lamonster garage. Under products there is a decal for applying to the safety pull out. DMWMS. pull it out every time time you park.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

I don't understand why people would do that. If it was a two wheeler on a kickstand I don't think they would attempt it due to it might fall over. Would they just go sit in your car if they wanted to. I would be a little ticked also.

Spyder Garage

if it was a stranger like at a bike show or something like that i would of said something but other than that i don't mind if people sit on my bike
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mobey View Post

Was I wrong?
    What was their response to you?

Spyder Garage

Default NO

NO, you weren't wrong.......
    i came out of a gas station to find a teenager sitting on mine, twisting my throttle and going
    VAROOOOM VAROOOOOM....
    WOW..... the things you see when you don't have a camera or a gun......

dp

Spyder Garage

No you are not wrong, some people have a lot of nerve..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I would be curious to that also...

A few years back I had my BMW parked on the side stand in front of my store. I looked out the window and saw this young father lifting his 3 or 4 year old up to put him on the motorcycle seat..the child was none too happy about this, and was kicking madly..I got outside just in time to see him kick the tank a few times..

I contained myself as well as possible, when I told the father "get your child off my motorcycle, it costs more than a quarter to ride this ride"

His reply was "I didn't think THEY would care"

My reply was "would you like it if I stood on the hood of your car?"

As he took him off, the child got a few more kicks in

Have no idea who this person was

Hour or so, in the garage, with rubbing compound,wax, etc. I was able to get the scratches off..

At the local Can Am shop, they have signs that say "Do Not Sit on this Machine"

Spyder Garage

Default Sitting

Before I was a ryder I was a Harley ryder (and still am a little) and folks in those circles would not think of sitting on someones bike without asking. Maybe it's what or who one hangs around with. I probably would of used some biker language to let them know to get off my .

Spyder Garage

i have yet to have this experience but heaven please be with the person I catch doing this. i am pretty easy going but my BP can shoot up pretty quick. I can tell you what I'd probably say but I don't want to be kicked off the board.

i'd never have the nerve to go sit one someone else's bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    What was their response to you?
    Well...there was an uneasy silence at first...then the woman said she had been careful when she got on...I said I should have put my alarm on..half joking. She then said she had done the same thing at a Honda Dealership jumping on a trike and someone yelled at her to get off.

Any way they apologized ....and maybe learnt a lesson this time.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If a lesson was learned, and there was no damage to your bike; that'd have to be about the best possible ending to a very tense situation...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Generally, if I know the people, and they ask, I don't have a problem. But one time I walked out of a store and found a father putting his kid on my Spyder. He got the idea when I asked him if he wanted his kid to reach puberty.
    I'm seriously thinking of adding an alarm system.

john

Spyder Garage

i did get upset when i was on 2 wheels because i have seen some bikes go over but not on 3 wheels
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I would not have been polite in the same situation. I would have likely been arrested for assault.
    If they would ask, I wouldn't have a problem with letting someone sit on my Spyder, in fact I was at the Harley dealership and one of the salesmen was extremely interested in the Spyder, so I made the offer to sit onmy Spyder, he took me up on the offer and seemed to be impressed.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

I usually do not mind a person asking to sit, but when they just do, I get upset. I had a father about to put his son my Spyder when I asked if he had 10,00 fr a new paint job? He got all upset and asked just much this thing was ? I told him about three times what that red car, you got of is worth. He did leave before I got really upset. I think some do not care and others think motorcycles are cheap.
    Oldmanzues
    Last edited by Oldmanzues; 12-04-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: added put
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

if I ever find someone sitting on my I know darn well I don't possess the etiquette/temperament to diffuse the situation without a trip to the local jail ...

OSM

Spyder Garage

Is the teenager still alive? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    NO, you weren't wrong.......
    i came out of a gas station to find a teenager sitting on mine, twisting my throttle and going
    VAROOOOM VAROOOOOM....
    WOW..... the things you see when you don't have a camera or a gun......

dp
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

I don't think I have ever said no if someone asked to sit on the bike. Have offered some the opportunity without them asking if they were already asking questions about the bike. Even let some kids up on the bike if the family was getting enthusiastic about taking photos etc. The main point was that I was there, they were acting respectful about approaching and generally not being a pain. I did have a coworker once who decided to sit on my Venture without me in the vicinity. He happened to be a bit higher in the job pecking order but after I got through with him he was always a lot more cautious when he spoke to me.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Generally, if I know the people, and they ask, I don't have a problem. But one time I walked out of a store and found a father putting his kid on my Spyder. He got the idea when I asked him if he wanted his kid to reach puberty.
    I'm seriously thinking of adding an alarm system.

john

Instead of asking if the father wanted the kid to see puberty, I would have asked the father if HE wanted to see HIS next birthday!!! I have never seen or caught anyone on my ryde when I wasn't there - yet! When I talk to people about the spyder, I will ask them if they would like to have a seat. Some do, some don't.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

I would have walked up to them and tell them you'd like to try o sitting in there car and see if you like it enough to give up the trike and go back to a 4 wheeled vehicle.

Then I'd follow them where ever they went until they went back to there car. then I'd say its my turn to sit in your vehicle... If they tell you they don't want you to sit in there vehicle, then you can ask them why they sat on yours. When they let you sit in for a minute, I'd let one go anf leave them with a nice old stink bomb...

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Don't mess with someone's car, don't mess with someone's woman and DON'T touch someone's bike. If you do all bets are off!
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.