Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've had several middle aged women ask to sit on my Spyder. Irritates my wife but I always say yes.

I'm retired LEO and as subtle as can be.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=redflasher;910735]I've had several middle aged women ask to sit on my Spyder. Irritates my wife but I always say yes.[QUOTE]

You silver tongued devil!..
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default well

Well all depends how you look at it. An elderly couple just sitting on my Spyder to get a feel of it, i might not say anything to hurt their feelings. Just don't be pressing the buttons and switches. A kid playing on it wont be good, cause they don't know what they are pressing and moving thinking it's a toy. I would not like kids playing on it and the parents just sitting their letting them play on it. I get a lot of people walking around it or staring at it when it's parked somewhere, but never had anyone to sit on it without asking first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redflasher View Post
    I've had several middle aged women ask to sit on my Spyder. Irritates my wife but I always say yes.

I'm retired LEO and as subtle as can be.
    Are you talking middle age for the general population, or what might be called middle age on SL's?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    While scuffs and heel marks rub out (I've put enough on to know), It's more the principle of the thing. Personal property is personal property. I compare someone sitting on the Spyder the same as someone hopping in my car without permission. Regardless of whether the car has a door that can be locked, and Spyder is all open, both events are the same when it comes to intrusion of space.

I've let, and invited many people to sit on the spyder when they come to look at it, but I would have the same reaction if I found someone taking it upon themselves to start playing around with my stuff without my permission.
    I agree with everything you said. My point is just that I wouldn't be inclined to blow up and say something that I know I would be sorry for later. And I'm not saying that I wouldn't be a little upset over a scratch or a ding but if I was that concerned about the finish on my Spyder, I wouldn't ever park it anywhere that there might be people around. No, there's no excuse for people who don't respect other people's property, but we know that it's going to happen. I don't want to spend all my time trying to watch my ride. It takes all the fun out of riding. I'm sure there would be situations where I would get really mad, like the example of a father trying to sit a kicking kid on someone else's bike. But, even then, I'd rather just let it go than let it take all the fun out of riding for me.

By the way, almost all of my riding friends would agree with you and Mobey. They spend a lot more time washing their bikes than I do. : )

Cotton

Spyder Garage

I am very proud of my Spyder as I was of my other bikes. I welcome anyone who has questions about the Spyder and I feel I am a good ambassador for BRB. I will let people sit on the Spyder if they ask as I understand their curiosity and they might be the next convert.

Bikeguy you have implied in a couple of posts that I blew up. I can assure you I am too much of a gentleman to do this with people in general and particularly with people I know. That does not change the fact that their disrespectful actions did annoy me and I believe I have that right just as others have the right not to care.

cheers

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
    To say I was pissed off would be an understatement.
    Maybe I misread that. If so, I apologize. You have every right to react however you choose.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    Maybe I misread that. If so, I apologize. You have every right to react however you choose.

Cotton
    No problem!

Cheers

Spyder Garage

No problem!

Cheers

Mobey

Why does your Spyder not have a rear wheel???? It appears to be floating in air (Kind of like the voices in Bobs head)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Huh?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Am I wrong on this?

If they were in Montana they might get shot!!!
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Spyder Garage

Joe....I have the new hovercraft option BRP is test marketing.

Spyder Garage

Please don't tell that to Bob ................................. The Missus will kill him if he orders it.

And you did not list it with your other Mods.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Please don't tell that to Bob ................................. The Missus will kill him if he orders it.

Cruzr Joe
    I have taken a vow of secrecy......too bad I have a bad memory!
    Last edited by Buggy; 12-05-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

"Excuse me folks you have a beautiful bike. Where are you guys from?"
    "Oh, it's not our bike!"
    "It's not? Then would you mind getting off of it so I can go home!"

2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

We have people everywhere wanting to sit on our Spyder and take pictures. We have not refused anyone ever, but always with us there and watching.

We also have a lot of customers that come in that are considering a Spyder that want to sit on it, see how much room there is, seating position, etc.
    We have not had anyone try to get on it without asking that I know of, I think Teresa would kill them if they did, lol. She is quite particular with her machine.

Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    We have people everywhere wanting to sit on our Spyder and take pictures. We have not refused anyone ever, but always with us there and watching.

We also have a lot of customers that come in that are considering a Spyder that want to sit on it, see how much room there is, seating position, etc.
    We have not had anyone try to get on it without asking that I know of, I think Teresa would kill them if they did, lol. She is quite particular with her machine.

As Well She Should Be, Good Lookin Ride

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

As Well She Should Be, Good Lookin Ride

Cruzr Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post

Is is that a paint job or decals? Looks great and my fav colour to boot!

Spyder Garage

I'd have asked them what they would have thought if they came out and found people sitting in their car . . . and if that would have bothered them, or not. Apparently, even after getting chastised at a dealership, they just don't understand that it is someone else's personal property, not a city bus.

At Spyder Quest in Lake George, I was parked at the Great Escape Lodge, and was about to ride my Spyder to the back, where the vendors were. As I was walking across the parking lot, I heard a little boy, maybe seven, or so, talking with his dad . . . he was very intrigued with all the Spyders and told his dad he was happy they had spent the night at that hotel, because he got to see them. I asked if he'd like to sit on one . . . he got excited. I told him and his dad to wait where they were, and went to get Topper. I rode back to them, and told his dad to put him on the seat. I was on the right with my foot on the brake (and, yes, the parking brake was set) - after he looked it over, blew the horn, turned on the emergency flashers, I let him crank the throttle a bit . . . I don't know who was happier, me, the kid, or his dad. In a situation like that, I'm real happy to let someone sit on Topper . . . but for a stranger to do it without permission just crosses a line I am not prepared to accept.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can understand your position. Being an old curious fart I would not think of setting on or touching someone's ride. How do you think I managed to be and Old fart.

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog1 View Post
    How do you think I managed to be an Old fart.
    I just managed to get old..... the Fart part seemed to occur naturally!
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why is my tongue starting to itch?
    It normally only does that, when farkling Season is about to open up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    "Excuse me folks you have a beautiful bike. Where are you guys from?"
    "Oh, it's not our bike!"
    "It's not? Then would you mind getting off of it so I can go home!"

Exactly.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a great way to handle the situation.

Spyder Garage

We were at a gas station out in the middle of nowhere, stretching out legs. This candy-apple-red shined to perfection HD rolls in for some gas. The rider was old school and looked like he wanted to be left alone, so we did.

After he was through filling up, out the door runs this grungy little boy pulling his dad. Dad talked with biker for a moment, then the biker lifted the kid onto his bike. The little guy was grinning from ear to ear as dad took pictures and the biker posed beside smiling.

They watched the bike ride away, then the boy started jumping up and down like kids will do. Then they started walking back into the store. I asked dad why the boy was so excited about sitting on that bike?

His favorite toy is a red Matchbox Harley...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.