Spyder Garage

Default Praise for Conyers Mountain Motor Sports

My 2010 Spyder RT/S suffered a major problem a few months ago. I was getting the DPS faults and other assorted faults kept popping up randomly. I finally took it into MMS in Conyers (only been there once before for oil change) and they replaced the DPS and the gear box position sensor. I figured the cost would break the bank (and it would have) but I had the extended warrenty and they were able to complete the work for only the deductible. When I got the bike back the high beams would not shut off. They did a quick check and determined the switch on the handlebar was bad (hibeam shutter controllable from computer but no signal from switch). I took the bike home while they ordered a new unit (replacable only as the entire LH package with all switches). A few days later they called to say the unit was in but had a recall on it so they reordered again. When that arrived I brought the bike back and they replaced the switches but the fault remained. They then performed a complete computer diag to try and locate the problem but found nothing. They called BRP who said they needed to inspect the harness looking for a bad connection. They tore the bike apart and found a corroded connection in the cluster that was the cause of the problem. All this took a month and several trips to Conyers for me (I live in Athens) mainly because I rode the bike there and needed to ride it home again. I finally trailered the bike to them so they could perform all maintenance needed (only one Spyder tech, Kevin, available and mine was not the only bike being serviced). All this work and effort on their part and Missy (service supervisor) had it performed under the original warrenty work.
    My opinion of Conyers MMS service dept? They were great! They kept me informed of their efforts every step of the way and when they hit a stumbling block (after diags when they had to call BRP) they didn't BS me. They said "we're not sure, this is what we need to do, don't worry-we'll fix it!" and they did! If you take your bike there remember they only have on qualified tech at this time so you might have to wait, but they do good work and make you feel like they want your business. Kudos to Conyers MMS service department!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that they got you on the road again. This is the type of stories that I love to hear. I just hope my local dealers are as good.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I can second that opinion of Mountain Motorsports in Conyers.

My wife had problems with her 2012 RT Limited that did not get resolved after a few visits including the complete tracking of the electrical system and connections just like they did with your machine. She also had DPS problems of an intermittent nature.

It finally was sourced back to two items.... a bad control module switch (that big one on the left that contains the mode button) was replaced under warranty and a weak electrical system caused by the installation of a battery not suited to the RT (installed by another dealer who is now OB).

Kevin patiently examined all aspects of her Spyder and not only found and fixed the problem but he provided a complete, no bull explanation of how and why it occurred. He is a winner.

Also, Missy, their service manager is also a certified Spyder tech so there are two people there who know what they are talking about. If they don't know.... they tell you..... but they continue to work on the problem through their contacts at BRP.

I call them Spyder detectives!!!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default good dealer

I'm glad to hear about Mountain Motor Sport. I stay about 2 hours away (Sandersville) and i have not had to take my bike in for a problem yet thank GOD, but it's good to know Mountain Motor Sport seem to know how to fix the Spyder. I also have a dealer a little closer to me, Tomberlin Outdoor in Augusta is about an hour closer, but have not heard how their service dept is, but hope they are good also.