Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New battery heading my way

Got home and the battery on my Spyder was dead again so I went ahead and ordered a battery I know will last a good long time. I've used this battery on my Boss Hoss and I'm sure it will work fine on my Spyder too.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-odyssey-pc680-battery.html

Spyder Garage

I dont mean to hijack your thread. But is it safe to assume you made it home ok? Our thoughts are with you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gjco View Post
    I dont mean to hijack your thread. But is it safe to assume you made it home ok? Our thoughts are with you.
    Got in last night and I must say it's good to be home even though it's getting a little cold. Thanks for asking

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

good to see you made it back ... Bro ,

another good product ... you have found to help

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice to see you back home.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

That Battery looks great. I have the site on my Fav's and will get one when needed. I know our OEM's only come with a 6 month warranty but they should last 3 years. I wonder what is happening to yours. You did say "again" so I am wondering why?? Is the charging system working well? Hope all works out for You !

Spyder Garage

Welcome Home Dude

Registered Users The_Spyderwoman's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default dying battery

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    That Battery looks great. I have the site on my Fav's and will get one when needed. I know our OEM's only come with a 6 month warranty but they should last 3 years. I wonder what is happening to yours. You did say "again" so I am wondering why?? Is the charging system working well? Hope all works out for You !
    I last rode my spyder the 21st or 22nd of October (about 7 days ago). I have 5500 miles on it. I got my spyder May 31st. This morning getting ready to go to work and my spyder almost didn't start! It got down in the 30's just last night for the first time; could my battery be getting bad already?
    The Happy Spyderlover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post
    I last rode my spyder the 21st or 22nd of October (about 7 days ago). I have 5500 miles on it. I got my spyder May 31st. This morning getting ready to go to work and my spyder almost didn't start! It got down in the 30's just last night for the first time; could my battery be getting bad already?
    I never have liked the stock battery. I think they will cover it up to 6 months but I rather put a good one in it and forget about it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post

Remember the problems many people were having with those original batteries? I thought someone said that the batteries BRP sent with many of the early Spyders were made for upright mounting only per the battery manufacturer and the Spyders battery mount is on its side. A number of owners, my wife and I included, noticed battery acid leaking a bit. Some people got their batteries replaced from BRP but others didn't. Our batteries quit dripping and the dealer didn't do anything for us as far as exchanging them or anything. I would not be surprised that our batteries are a little low on battery acid and probably prone to premature failure. That being said, we haven't had any problems starting our Spyders and its been in the 30s the past few days. We've had our Spyders since March and have over 10,000 miles on each of them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am in the habit of using a battery tender/minder whenever Spyder is parked at home. Some believe that this extends the life of a battery-I don't know but I do know that my motorcycle original battery installed in 2002 is still going strong.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

im on my 3rd battery in my outlander in a year.The stock batteries are junk.It stays in a heated basement and cant last 6mts.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    I am in the habit of using a battery tender/minder whenever Spyder is parked at home. Some believe that this extends the life of a battery-I don't know but I do know that my motorcycle original battery installed in 2002 is still going strong.
    But only do it when garage finaly gets below freezing H-D is goin on 5th season but have to get off my and set up for a trickling

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default on sale....

I finally got around to ordering one of these this past week and jsut want to let you all know they are on sale. I called up and it was $93 with shipping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nickcaro View Post
    I finally got around to ordering one of these this past week and jsut want to let you all know they are on sale. I called up and it was $93 with shipping.
    That figures. It is a great battery. I've had mine for a while now and it's working great in this cold weather.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

hmmm.. This is not good.. My spyder wont start now!. ones a month now i have started it up in the garage. just to hear that good vtwin. to much snow now to drive. but today i got no reaction when i pushed the start buttom, just the needles going off and resetting. tried to start three times and then i got vss and abs failure on the display..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jodemonken View Post
    hmmm.. This is not good.. My spyder wont start now!. ones a month now i have started it up in the garage. just to hear that good vtwin. to much snow now to drive. but today i got no reaction when i pushed the start buttom, just the needles going off and resetting. tried to start three times and then i got vss and abs failure on the display..
    I think you get 6 months on the stock battery as far as warranty but I wouldn't bother, just order one of these and you'll be done for years to come.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

do you think the vss and the abs failure light on the display comes form low battery?.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jodemonken View Post
    do you think the vss and the abs failure light on the display comes form low battery?.
    The easy way to find out is to give your battery a full charge.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

yes... i just charged the battery now for 3 hours and that was enough to get it startet. gonna keep it charged over night, maybe i dont have to buy a new one. it`s strange that a low battery can give the vss and abs failure light to go off though. well well

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I've used the Tender on my Miata Gel Battery for years with no poroblem, so go for it.

Spyder Garage

The Spyder battery is a gelled cell, sealed battery. These are wet cells, for charging purposes. Our Spyder has been very happy on the charger.
    -Scotty

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

thanks Scotty and Tonga for your replies..
    It is very interesting that when fully charged the battery has a shelf life of 2 years... First time I have ever heard of such a thing and then a working life of 5-10 years WOW.

Spyder Garage

I installed this battery yesterday morning and right out of the box it fired up the Spyder with no hesitation in 25 degree temp. The underside of the stock battery was completely brown on one side and I imagine it was acid as it made my hands tingle.
    Its so lame that they would place a battery in there not meant to be on its side. Could just be a placebo, but the Spyder seems to fire up a bit smoother now.