Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

A few weeks ago I went for a ride with my husband and some "new" folks. A friend of my husband's and some friends of the friends. It was a mixed bag. 2 cruisers and 2 sport bikes and me on my Spyder. We met up in a parking lot where some other friends of the friends noticed them and stopped by to chat before we left. Everyone came over to talk about the Spyder. I don't think anyone had seen one up close before and everyone was curious. We geared up and pulled out and then had to wait to make a left onto a very busy street. Then we drove along the foothills to our lunch stop which was popular with the HD crowd. I parked on the end of a long line of motorcycles and we sat out on the patio and had lunch. I'm used to the "rock star" thing and hardly even notice it anymore. My back was to the parking lot. Suddenly one of the guys turns to me and says, "Man! That thing sure gets a lot of attention. Everyone whose walked past it has stopped to look at it and those people just stopped to take a picture!"

Too funny.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default We love our 2008 GS

We bought our Spyder the 9th of April in 2008 and have had so many great rides on it over the past 6 years. We turned over the 100,000 mile mark earlier this year and since then have added another 7,000 miles. Our biggest regret is that we live in Cental NY and can't ride for about 3 to 4 months every year mainly because of all the salt applied to the roads around here. We have really had great luck with the Spyder with no major problems, have had a few smaller incidents and some that had nothing to do with the Spyder itself. This bike has become part of our family and we are hoping to ride it for several more thousands of miles (my wife says we are going for the 200,000 mile mark....who knows?).

We have been to many, many of the Spyder related events like SITS, SITA, some the BRP sponsored events like the homecoming at the factory in Valcourt and the Chicago event, and of course Spyderfest in Mo. for 2 years, and last year Spyderfest in Lake George, NY. We have many many dear friends because of the Spyder and only wish we could see more of them more often.

All in all BRP has changed our lives through the Spyder. It truly is a really great machine and is, I believe, one of the best bikes on the market today!
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Default yellow

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Andy; I love your two tone, is it paint or vinyl?
    Its vinyl, put on by a professional, I bought a black one for an unbelievable price, but a black bike is hard to notice, so I spent some $$ making it more noticeable and hope I dont get hit.
    Andy
    My wife and I circumnavigated the globe on our trimaran sailboat, gone 8 years
    Cushman Eagle, 1954 Corvette, 1964 Corvette with Duntov cam, 1996 Corvette, Chrysler 300 Hemi,
    2003 1800 Gold Wing with Hannigan sidecar
    2014 Spyder RT
    IBA41956
    DS446

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks to all of you

this has been so enjoyable

so you can see who you responded to this is me.. If it works and I know how to do this.

didn't work try again

[IMG_0545.jpg

haAAAA figured it out..copy it and put it in your garage to keep the vermin from your Spyder
    Last edited by jScotD; 12-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    this doomsday stuff is wearing me out..

what modifications did you make to deal with it

My 2012 has less than 100 miles on it...due to no time to ride..

I work 24 / 7

It is for sale as is my Royal Enfield and my basket case K75..

I would like to experience this machine..

scott
    i'm sorry you haven't been able to enjoy this truly unique machine. My wife and I have a 2010 orbital blue (love that color) RT A&C SE5 with 24000 miles. I ride Skoot3r daily and have never tired of the ride. We have no desire to get rid of our RT simply because it's old and obsolete-it meet all our needs and gives us no problems. It's also gratifying to read that other riders feel the same.
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default yes this has been a good read

once again thanks to all..Monday I went to the HD shop to get a gift for my wife's birthday this weekend.. she has a Harley Heritage. she wants me to teach her how to ride the Spyder.. er, uh m of course , when I figure it out my self.. I must remember to stop putting m feet down when I come to a stop....

cold and raining here in Ky that day .. I could have takn the freeway and got home in 15 minutes..but took the backroads and got lost.. took me over over an hour get home.. guess my mind knew what my body needed.. or visa versa.. hope to do this someday with the Spyder... I guess that road trip was long overdue as short as it was.. ..gotta try it again someday on the sPyDeR

I also found out , that if i clicked my picture it got bigger.. whooo scarey

thanks folks once again

scottie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

once again thanks to all..Monday I went to the HD shop to get a gift for my wife's birthday this weekend.. she has a Harley Heritage. she wants me to teach her how to ride the Spyder.. er, uh m of course , when I figure it out my self.. I must remember to stop putting m feet down when I come to a stop....

cold and raining here in Ky that day .. I could have takn the freeway and got home in 15 minutes..but took the backroads and got lost.. took me over over an hour get home.. guess my mind knew what my body needed.. or visa versa.. hope to do this someday with the Spyder... I guess that road trip was long overdue as short as it was.. ..gotta try it again someday on the sPyDeR

I also found out , that if i clicked my picture it got bigger.. whooo scarey

thanks folks once again

scottie
    That kind of sounds like Lamont's "milk run" a few years back...

Spyder Garage

I bought my first spyder on Sept. 19, 2012( RTS-SE5 Quantum Metallic Blue) I put on 2,988 miles, had it for 2 years, had a blast with it, went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo in 2013 + 2014, also went to Spyderquest, in Lake George, New York ( Sept. 2013)................

then I took a demo ride on a 2014RT-SE6 in Springfield, Mo. and I was thinking to my self I got to have a 2014RT-SE6 In Cognac. So on July 30, 2014, I traded the 2012RTS-SE5 in and bought a ............................................2014RT S-SE6 Cognac. I have been to New Hampshire, ( several times) Spyderquest, Lake George and I have 2,900 miles on it, ( the week-end that I bought it I put on 400 miles,bought it @ Walt's Sales & Service in Derby, Vermont). The 2014RTS-SE6 is trouble free.

I really love it, I can not wait until Spring to put more miles on it. ( my is in winter hibernation ) I have done a Farkle on it this past summer, you can see the farkle on this site " in my photo album" and in the " Riding Groups" Vermont Spyder Ryder's, NY Spyder Ryder's, New England Spyder Ryder's. I am not turning back, and I am a happy owner. It a conversation piece, where ever I go, people stop and ask questions. Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 12-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

this has been so enjoyable

so you can see who you responded to this is me.. If it works and I know how to do this.

didn't work try again

[IMG_0545.jpg

haAAAA figured it out..copy it and put it in your garage to keep the vermin from your Spyder
    Mom??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Spyder RTL

I bought my Spyder in July of 2014. It has been trouble free and a real pleasure to operate. My dealer, Mountain Motorsports of Marietta, GA, has been excellent. It replaced an over complicated, troublesome BMW GS and the miserable service that the dealer provided. Recently, I bought a Honda Valkyrie that I enjoy for brief runs around the neighborhood. For any trips over an hour, I will use the Spyder. It is safe to say that after decades of riding motorcycles, I have never been more pleased with a bike than I am with the Spyder.

It seems to me that given the complexity of the Spyder, that a competent dealer is the most important element of a successful ownership experience.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rgk View Post

It seems to me that given the complexity of the Spyder, that a competent dealer is the most important element of a successful ownership experience.
    You got that right!!

Spyder Garage

I forgot I shot this....

Positives!

I LOVE my Spyder and would own another in a heartbeat!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Screw it... EVEN MORE Sypder loving!

Total detail after 8000+ miles and my one year of ownership!

OK can you tell I am happy?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

WE love our 2012 RT Limited. 10,000 mostly trouble free miles.

Spyder Garage

Glad to see I'm catching up with u guys, hit 9800miles @180days newImageUploadedByTapatalk1417757178.664516.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 RT manual shift that I love. I have no complaiints and BRP has stepped up whenever I needed them. I have 25,000 fun filled miles.
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".