Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default will someone put up some positive stories about the spyder

this doomsday stuff is wearing me out..

what modifications did you make to deal with it

My 2012 has less than 100 miles on it...due to no time to ride..

I work 24 / 7

It is for sale as is my Royal Enfield and my basket case K75..

I would like to experience this machine..

scott

Spyder Garage

Default My Spyder is the most fun machine I have owned.

I purchased my 2012 Spyder RTs in May of 2013, I now have 9000 miles of very enjoyable trouble free service. I get better than average fuel economy. Usually about 200 miles before the low fuel light comes on. I use ethanol free fuel as much as possible. I aligned the front wheels by myself, and now handles like it should. I love to ride as much as possible, I plan on riding at least one day every month, even in the winter, so far I have been successful, it is a wonderful machine. I have installed a Magnaflow Muffler and pipe to get the sound I like, and improved performance. Love my Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default positive posts

I just bought a new leftover '12 RT-S and although I haven't got any miles to speak of on it yet I did do quite a bit of looking at reviews, comments, and complaints about the vehicle. I did see negative comments, but also a lot of positive ones, especially about the '12 RTs. It is my sense that it is a generally well designed vehicle, but its not perfect.....few things are. Just enjoy it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have over 100,000 miles on Spyders all but 1 of them have been awesome.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default LOVE BOTH MY SPYDERS

I really enjoy both of our spyders my Wife has an 2011 RT and I have a 2013 STL.
    Sorry to hear that you work 24/7. I also have to still work for a living I avoid overtime as much as possible I will work one more year and then retire and will then have more time to enjoy these wonderful machines our first long trip will be up to Alaska and back.
    I don't know your position but when I was younger raising three kids and a mortgage I worked as much overtime as I could and did side jobs as well. Take some time and go out and enjoy those toys that you have worked so hard to get.
    The 2012 is one of the best years made with the 998 engine I would hold on to it if you can. If the payments are what is making you work 24/7 then as painful as it may be you might have to sell some of your other toys but by all means keep the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Bought my 12RT SE April 12 drove it to CO then MO stopping at spyderpops for heat block off plates NBV pegs bumpskid then 13 to Maggie Valley for the OE. Have had 2 water pumps and a canister under warranty drive it daily 33k miles but still stinks like gas 3 more years of payment 2 left with extended warranty.
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Love my RS 2011. Never had a problem, more reliable than some Honda's motorbikes I've had.

I work 24/7 and still ride my Spyder every chance I get - who needs sleep when an open road, snaking under moonlight, beckons.

Best bet, stop reading the comments by negative buggers on this forum and ride the bloody thing.

PS You've got a Royal Enfield and you're worried about your Spyder breaking down?! Had a Royal Enfield as well and I know which one I'd trust get me to my destination:-)
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 12-01-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default great concept

rode my first Spyder at Biketoberfest the the year they came out. It was raining and with that short windshield and the jerky steering it was a bust, but I liked the concept. Talked with this guy at Americade who said he had just put 10K miles on his Spyder and loved it, but for the first 200 miles he thought he had made a huge mistake, then he realised he was oversteering and micromanaging it and then after that things sorted out. Later I saw his picture on this board, turned out to be Lamonster. I steered a friend towards a Spyder, he was wanting a trike because of health reasons and I thought the Spyder a better concept than a trike, he now has over 62K miles on it, trouble free, lots of upgrades, Elka shocks, Glenda lights, brake light on the back of the topcase, BajaRon swaybar, no safety chrome and bull$***** bling. We took a 6K trip from Illinois to Tx, Ca, up the coast Or and Seattle,ND, SD, Nebraska, Yellowstone, Yosemity while it was snowing, road construction where the dust turned into mud during the rain and snow etc. Overall he had a much easier time than I did on my 1800 Gold Wing. I got to ride his RT numerous times and it shifted smooth as butter, front suspension so soft it doesnt see minor irregularities that would send shock to my wrists on the Gold Wing, no worries parking on a sloping gravel parking lot and once I realized not to micromanage the steering, it tracked like on rails. I signed up and followed this board for years. So now I have a new 6 week old 2014 RT, love the ride especially after adding the heavy swaybar, added some $900 worth of brake and running and turnsignal lights, in the process of adding Glenda fog lights and PIAA driving lights to augment/correct the woefully inadequate headlights since I travel a lot at night. No gas fumes, no issues [ I did have to re balance the front wheels myself] and hopefully will stay that way.
    AndyIMG_2527.jpgas you can see, I still dont know how to post a pictureIMG_1014.jpg
    My wife and I circumnavigated the globe on our trimaran sailboat, gone 8 years
    Cushman Eagle, 1954 Corvette, 1964 Corvette with Duntov cam, 1996 Corvette, Chrysler 300 Hemi,
    2003 1800 Gold Wing with Hannigan sidecar
    2014 Spyder RT
    IBA41956
    DS446

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    this doomsday stuff is wearing me out..

what modifications did you make to deal with it

My 2012 has less than 100 miles on it...due to no time to ride..

I work 24 / 7

It is for sale as is my Royal Enfield and my basket case K75..

I would like to experience this machine..

scott
    Dude i made sure my dealer was 100 mobiles away, to get me started >ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417419971.374411.jpgmake a mission & set some goalsImageUploadedByTapatalk1417420026.451969.jpg. Work enough to pay for gas and ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417420089.841973.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

there are threads and posts a plenty and you can add the ones above. Bought my RS 2012 in August 2012 now have 25,000 miles with no problems. I will presume you are asking to help the selling of your spyder. Many people check this site but only the wise ones realize this is mostly a help site for the few with problems, be it their own or brp's or aftermarket. If they think this site represents every unit ever made they should go to the site's for their present car and wonder why they own that...these are awesome machines and anyone thinking of buying should have no fear...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 rt with 14,000 miles in 10 months, miles of smiles.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

I'm on my 2nd spyder. Had a 2011 that the hubby (Tobor 9) bought for me in March of 2011. 1st bike so I learned to ride it around the block. Loved it - never any problems to speak of. Got lucky earlier this year and got to demo a 2014. Both the hubby (he has a 2011 RS) and I fell in lust with it. When he went to get a new rear tire (after over 27,000 miles on it) I traded my 2011 RT and got a 2014 RT Limited. Have loved every minute of being on it. The hubby is waiting for BRP to lower the interest rate so he can get an RT as he still owes on his RS.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default '13 STS and we love it

Did all the updates but had never really had an issue. My main concern was heat build up and possible future damage to components, BRP provided the new panels and we're happy. I am curious when and if we decide to sell or trade what that price will look like.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two Spyders...
    Nothing but "Miles & Smiles" here... biker.jpg

A few bumps along the way; but nothing that would EVER make me regret having them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder GS Roadster

I have had my 2008 GS Roadster for a year, bought it second hand and the only problem I ever had was the stupid park brake. I adjusted it and no more problems. It's a great bike, love it. The only problem now is, who will drive. The wife or me. She just loves it. We are both in our late 50's, looking at 60. We do a lot of loooooong drives with it. Only one word describes my Spyder. GREAT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I get the impression that you need to increase your Spyder inventory...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Andy; I love your two tone, is it paint or vinyl?

Spyder Garage

You can dwell on the Gloom and Doom stories, and there are some who will encourage you to do this. Or, you can get out and ride. One brings joy, the other depression. It's your choice.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

23,000+ miles on a 2012 RT. My only negative comment is that I currently don't have the time I'd like to have on it. We have our grandson on the weekends, which prevents us from riding with our friends, and during the week, we still have that other thing that takes up 8-12 hours per day.

I'm also not very proud to say that the few problems I have had with the Spyder were ALL "Self Inflicted"..

Spyder Garage

I know, sometimes the doom and gloom on this site makes me step away for long periods of time. Sorry it's gotten to you.

I got my 2012 RT Ltd in June 2012 and I've put on over 30,300 miles on it with very few issues. Had a check engine light for ECM module this summer, but that didn't affect my ability to keep ryding, and got resolved under warrenty so I have no complaints. This is the most fun I've had in years. I get out as much as possible year round.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

18,500 miles on my 2013 RT-Ltd. I'm one of the fortunate ones that do not have the problems many people are experiencing. We've enjoyed every minute we spend on the Spyder.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool HAPPY OWNER HERE AS WELL!!

Loved my RS-S so I've ordered an F3-S....can't wait!!

Spyder Garage

My first Spyder was a RED 2009 RS SM5. I farkled the daylights out of it: ISCI hand brake, passenger backrest, Corbin seat with driver backrest, handlebar risers, windshield, bags, pipe, and tons more - put 22 K on it before I decided to opt for comfort & spring for an RT. Other than the DPS fiasco of all the early Spyders, it was bulletproof.

My second Spyder was a black RT S SE5. Over time, I dressed her up too - works shocks, Corbin seat, Seal floor boards, CAT delete and Yosh pipe, and more. It gave me another 24K of trouble free miles.

Now I have my third Spyder, a white RT SE6, and I've started to dress her up too, but this is such an improvement over the prior bikes, I really won't be doing much to her.

All in all - that's 50K miles on Spyders, and never had one let me down. I've been all over the Western US and Canada on these, and was never worried - gas milage & tank size gave me about the same range as my Vrods, so that wasn't an issue. I'm currently planning 3K trip in the late spring, which will cover all of my favorite US roads (and NO freeways/turnpikes). Hope to see you on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Love My Spyder

We have a 2013 RTL, only had a chance to ride 4000 miles this past summer, hope to ride many more next summer. We are planning on Spyderfest in spring. You will LOVE the Spyder.

Ride safe and happy!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought a 2011RSS SM5 last November. Put 2500 mi on it, then traded it for a 2014 RT this August which now has 3200 mi. Everywhere I go people ask about it. It is a 2-toned Cognac over Black done by Cowtown USA in Cuba, MO.

I am loving it. Looking forward for some multi-day or weeklong rydes next summer.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black