Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PUT ON YOUR THINKING HATS

Hi All,

As most of you know, I love inventing things. I invented the first (and best) Floorboards for the Spyder, I invented a Tote Rack that can carry anything from an overnight bag to golf clubs and still attach your trailer, Spyder tail lights and not to mention, I spent 42 yrs as a professional sculptor working in all the major mediums. Today, I asking you to put on your "Thinking Hats" and tell me what you would most like me to invent next to make your (and my) Spyder riding experience better. Anyone who gives me an idea that I actually produce, will, of course get the first one free! PM's are ok if you want to protect your idea from prying eyes. What's on your wish list so you can better......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com
    Last edited by sealfloorboards; 11-30-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Well John, the after market for the F3 is wide open and a decent rack would definitely be a great start.
    A great many people will be buying an F3(S) and will be looking to expand its load capacity.
    Just my twopence worth!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi All,

As most of you know, I love inventing things. I invented the first (and best) Floorboards for the Spyder, I invented a Tote Rack that can carry anything from an overnight bag to golf clubs and still attach your trailer, Spyder tail lights and not to mention, I spent 42 yrs as a professional sculptor working in all the major mediums. Today, I asking you to put on your "Thinking Hats" and tell me what you would most like me to invent next to make your (and my) Spyder riding experience better. Anyone who gives me an idea that I actually produce, will, of course get the first one free! PM's are ok if you want to protect your idea from prying eyes. What's on your wish list so you can better......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com
    I'd like to see a dog carrier that can be hitch mounted so we can bring old Napoleon Bonyparts with us, our miniature standard/cross dachshund on our travels with us. It would have to be above the trunk so he can get the wind in his hair.
    We named him that when we got him we also rescued a Charpais that could swallow Napoleon whole without chewing, he could be held in one hand, but he was going to eat that big dog up for being in his house. Bonaparte was already taken, and since he was a dog, Bonyparts seemed appropriate for him.

Doc

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A backrest that utilizes the OEM backrest mount, but can be adjusted fore and aft for a better fit.

It might be a bit too far back if designed to fit your hitch bracket

Spyder Garage

The F3 needs a hitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Default handbrake kit

how about a handbrake kit that isn't 1200 bucks.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

a decent cup holder for the rear passenger on an RT. not something all plastic that barely holds a water bottle, but something like the Butler Mug set up. something that would hold at least 32oz if not more and be well insulated and sturdy.

it would have to clamp around the rear passenger handles which are rubber then the holder would have to go up and then out to get it away from the body of the bike. it shouldn't be that hard to come up with a holder but I am no design engineer.

event_95985832.jpeg
    Butler Mug Set Up for Driver

Spyder Garage

Passenger heated grips for the ST/RS. While my hands are nice and toasty up front my wifes has numb finger tips.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Great idea all! Keep them coming

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Sealcreativeconcepts.com

Spyder Garage

I would like to see replacement passenger and peg replacements in a spider designs.in chrome.. I saw a wed hours at spiderqueast that had to be modified to fit the spider. It would also be nice if it had a shock pad in it.

Spyder Garage

Since you asked . . . a removable, lockable hard trunk that uses the space a passenger would use on an RT. For anyone who doesn't carry a passenger, that space is wasted . . . on long trips, additional lockable, waterproof storage would be great. The passenger backrest and rear speakers could be removed to do the install . . . Another option could be rear speakers, incorporated into the passenger seat trunk for those who need them. If a locking gas door kit was an added option, you could make the trunk pretty big!

Come to think of it, that is another idea, on its own . . . a not-too-difficult to install locking gas door kit.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Ideas for the Spyder GS Roadster

How about a set of decent and easy to install footpegs or floorboards fro the 2008 GS
    OR a FM Radio system that is or can be used on the 08-11 Spyders GS/RS and easy to install
    OR a bigger and wider windshield for the GS/RS
    OR a easier to install brackets for the R35
    OR - ANYTHING - that can be used on the 2008 - 2011 Spyder GS/RS would be fantastic

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Radio

A good quality radio for the new F3 would be great.

Spyder Garage

Default PUT ON YOUR THINKING HATS

How about longer passenger RT floorboards. Maybe something that partially rotates toward the ground and has a lip on it to set your feet on. Not sure of the logistics but I my first accessory purchase will be the Seal floorboards once I save the $$, and I was thinking while out on a ride today that my wife would like to stretch her legs out too without having to wait for a stop light to stand up.

2nd suggestion would be an affordable metal RAM mount for the center of the steering column. Nothing fancy. There are really only a few options available one is $105+ and the others are $45+ and both are over engineered for the purpose. It could be done much simpler and cheaper with stamped sheet metal and a couple of bends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by markyodo; 11-30-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the gas door kit idea..Like to see something sturdy but usefull

Also A magnifier for the DASH..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll second the motion from Coz, for an affordable handbrake kit... (He can have the first one; he thought it up)

The fueling door kit would also be welcome; I guess that'd be a third from me!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default headlight covers

GS-RS Headlight Covers would be nice. madstad has abandon the project.

Spyder Garage

How about an adjustable handlebar riser/extension kit for the RT that is inserted between the current 4 bolt mount and the handlebars. The Can Am handlebar accessory is just too expensive.

arntufun

How about a Spyder with side by side seating that looks cooler than any current Spyder.....
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-30-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default mirror

My 2 cents worth is come up with a better way to attach mirrors on the RT...I have seen some good idea here but one has to build them.....I'm not good at that....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    How about a Spyder with side by side seating that looks cooler than any current Spyder.....

Not gonna happen, they may build one but it won't look cooler than a Spyder, and they would probably give it a goofy name also (like pellet shooter or something).

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    YOU DA FUNNY MAN

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Not gonna happen, they may build one but it won't look cooler than a Spyder, and they would probably give it a goofy name also (like pellet shooter or something).
    Sling Snot...

I heard a rumor that BRP has purchased Polaris Industries, and is going to concentrate on Golf Cart production in those plants...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by speedbuggy View Post
    How about a set of decent and easy to install footpegs or floorboards fro the 2008 GS
    OR a FM Radio system that is or can be used on the 08-11 Spyders GS/RS and easy to install
    OR a bigger and wider windshield for the GS/RS
    OR a easier to install brackets for the R35
    OR - ANYTHING - that can be used on the 2008 - 2011 Spyder GS/RS would be fantastic
    Hey speed buggy,

My RS SM5 (SE5) DLX will fit just fine on your 2008 GS. It's the same as my original 2009 RS SE5 that I deigned the original Seal Floorboard for. Check my website and........

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Sealcreativeconcepts.com

Spyder Garage

Fake air intake scoop for the frunk, to make it look sportier.
    mtbear