Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by martiniman View Post
    I apologize if I missed it, but what year? Please tell me it is not a 2014!
    Thanks and good luck getting back on the road.
    2011 RSS

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 94 toyota camry

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I would have to say that all of my Goldwings were about as reliable as a Camry. When I traded in my 1997 with 80,000 miles on it, I would have felt no hesitation in starting out on a 10,000 mile tour that day.
    Like anything else, i always was told the camry was the most reliable car out there. If you want a good car that is trouble free get a camry. I bought one. I just knew i had a car that would last a long time. I driving on the interstate one day and stopped at the rest area for a minute and as i got back on the road, it did a hard shift like jerk and stopped pulling. The transmission went out at 112,000 miles. I thought these transmissions last for 200,000 plus as i was told, but like i say any vehicle can put you down.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeflex42 View Post
    Like anything else, i always was told the camry was the most reliable car out there. If you want a good car that is trouble free get a camry. I bought one. I just knew i had a car that would last a long time. I driving on the interstate one day and stopped at the rest area for a minute and as i got back on the road, it did a hard shift like jerk and stopped pulling. The transmission went out at 112,000 miles. I thought these transmissions last for 200,000 plus as i was told, but like i say any vehicle can put you down.
    Real world statistics show the Camry is far from the top of the reliability list. Pretty middle of the road basic transportation appliance.

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

So I checked with the dealer tonight regarding the RSS since I haven't heard from anyone. As a reminder we broke down and had to have it towed Saturday. The service guy wasn't in today and no one else knows a thing....wow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So if the Service Guy isn't in; their World stops?
    I think that I'd keep calling, and tell them to find out what is happening...
    They must have the guy's home phone number...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

that stinks, the can am tech for my dealer only lives 2 blocks over from my house and said if i ever have any questions or problems stop by, so far so good!

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Yeah... Beemer bikes as the flagship for reliability.

Honestly? I think that, for the most part, Spyders are an exceptionally reliable *design*. Meaning, when it works, they really work. Many folks here can attest to never having anything out of the ordinary happen to them, the only problems the usual ones to be expected from a high-performance machine.

That said, when the Spyder goes wrong, it really likes to go wrong. Sadly, more than one Spyderlover has suffered a lemon in my time here, often compounded by lackluster dealer service (others have had *fantastic* dealer service... again, all kinds here).

Bottom line: no motorcycle ever made will be as reliable and trouble-free as a Toyota Camry-- or as boring! -- but I'd say the Spyder is probably in the upper middle of the reliability band, it's biggest risk factor being that when you *do* get in trouble, you're more reliant on the talents and enthusiasm of a specialized dealer network than almost any other brand motorcycle.
    Even the newer Camrys have problems. I have replaced several engines and transmissions. It seem that nothing is made quite as well as it used to be.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Real world statistics show the Camry is far from the top of the reliability list. Pretty middle of the road basic transportation appliance.

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?
    My "new" car does. :-) 2012 CTS-V
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

UPDATE Service guy called me today, but no one has looked at it. It seems they only have one Spyder tech. Suppose to look at it tomorrow to see what failed. So tomorrow will be the 6th day of sitting. Mind you this is suppose to be the largest dealer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hate to say this...
    Perhaps instead of the largest dealer; you should look around a bit, for the Best Dealer...
    Sorry...

Spyder Garage

No word again today ... Day 7. I see their service department isn't any better than their Sales. My experience here is almost comical.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that it is taking so long I know when I go to book service with my dealer they are usually fully booked for at least 2 weeks
    and just because it is a warranty item doesn't seem to get me to the front of the line either.
    Give them a chance and have patience although it doesn't hurt to call and make sure they have you booked for a service time then you will know what day to expect a phone call from them.
    Its not uncommon in my experience to wait two weeks for an appointment and after the diagnoses wait a week for parts it is just the way it is some times my dealer has always done very good service and BRP has always stood behind there product and honored the warranty without any hassle. hang in there.

Spyder Garage

Default Ride ended abruptly today

Received the call. RS is ready, nothing was found. Their thought is the coolant jug built up too much pressure and blew out the overflow. Said the jug was full, so maybe it was overfilled . They pressure test the system, and no leaks. They did update the computer, so I don't feel too bad. Will pick up tomorrow, 45.00 charge for 8 days they had it, no complaints.

Last edited by GunDoctor; 12-05-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got her all up and running updated ready to roll just in time for a weekend Ryde.

Spyder Garage

Just picked it up, rode home so I could check it out before I had the keys over to my Girlfriend. Seems to be fine. Longest ride I had on it, really want my F3-S to hurry up and get here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That to hear that the bike checked out, and has been pronounced, "Fit for Duty".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    Received the call. RS is ready, nothing was found. Their thought is the coolant jug built up too much pressure and blew out the overflow. Said the jug was full, so maybe it was overfilled . They pressure test the system, and no leaks. They did update the computer, so I don't feel too bad. Will pick up tomorrow, 45.00 charge for 8 days they had it, no complaints.

I don't think I would buy this explanation. Unless you overfilled the cooling system, their description of the problem seems unreasonable. Something pushed that coolant out and it will probably happen again.

Spyder Garage

Will have to wait and see. I did fill the coolant up to the cold line a couple of weeks ago because it was low. We had rode one previous time without issue.

Spyder Garage

Will have to wait and see. I did fill the coolant up to the cold line a couple of weeks ago because it was low. We had rode one previous time without issue.

With the low miles on this machine, you should not be having to add coolant. If you filled it to the cold line it should never overflow. It sounds to me like you have something wrong deep in the engine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Received the call. RS is ready, nothing was found. Their thought is the coolant jug built up too much pressure and blew out the overflow.
    Aren't there vents, that prevent this from happening?
    (Sorry; I honestly have never taken that close of a look at the system... )

Spyder Garage

Default Coolant

So with weather in the 80's we headed out for lunch. I stay back on the Harley and follow my Girlfriend on her RSS since she gets all the attention. Well we park at our favorite place right in front, that way I can keep an eye on our bikes. She wanted to back in the space when we hear a load THUNK sound along with a rushing stream of green coolant follows the grade of the parking lot. So out comes the tools in the frunk and I pull off the right side Tupperware. Could not see a thing, hoses look intact which is what I thought it was because how fast the thing drained.

So now I have my wallet out looking for my Good Sam card. Tow truck on the way..45 minutes later we are on our way to a dealer 13 miles from us. Their "Spyder tech" is off, but the service department is open. Girlfriend jumps in with the tow truck guy and I follow on the Harley. Unload the Spyder, filled out paperwork, still under warrantee and was told there is a recall on the software, so they will do that as well as find the leak. Will call me in next week. Bike has all but 1,600 miles on it.

Are you sure it lost all the coolant...Had a Spyder Buddy of mine out riding one day hot day and had that happen also coolant everywhere under Spyder... Seems like he had the coolant level filled over the full line,
    and when we stopped his dumped eccessive coolant, checked coolant level in tank and it was at a normal level...

Freebob...

Spyder Garage

That is what we think happened. The coolant was full after the incident.