Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I just carry my Beofug with me. If I drop it only lost 18.00 Use my VX 7 in the car.
    Last edited by wd8ajj; 04-14-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    Charles,
    Here is a link to the event. http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyder...nts/218670411/
    The motorcycle club is based in Maryland.
    I was wondering how the Yaesu was going to work, since it sends audio to the headset all the time. Ordered a SR-10 today. There may be an easier way to connect the VX-8 to the SR-10. Yaesu makes a CT-131 mic adapter for the VX-8. I have one and tried it with my old speaker mic from my VX-5. It worked fine. So ordered the standard Sena Yaesu cable which should plug into the CT-131. I will let you know it a week or so when I get all the stuff to try. I do not mind making cables but this seemed a no brainer, if it works.

If you see any information on how someone used the Ptt button from the Spyder, please let me know. I purchased the service manual cd and the Ptt button "talks" via the can bus to the Spyder audio system. I highly doubt that the Spyder passes the can bus data to the CB. I hope the Spyder radio decodes the Ptt and sends that Ptt to the CB radio. If it does it will be easy to use the Ptt. I have already identified which wires to look for the Ptt on the Spyder radio. Just have to wait for my 2015 Rt to be built and get here, Lol.

Thanks everyone for all your input.
    73, KA2PFL and N2GUU
    We try to ryde all the Maryland SpyderWeb rydes and have been on two so far since getting our Spyder. Wifey Cindy KD5CCB works retail so she can't always get off. We will see if the "Clutter" works with her schedule.

Using the adapters should work great and be a lot less trouble. I am rigging up the FTM-10 mobile on my 2-wheeler (Honda NC700X DCT) that has a large frunk with the radio in it so I want to build the cables for more flexibility.

The mod for the PTT switch is in post #28 in the link below:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=PTT+switch

WA5VHU

Spyder Garage

I have HF and 2 meter/440 set up in my truck. Also, HF and 2 meters in house.
    haven't figured out to hook up on Spyder? But then I don't do blue tooth phone on bike.

Was nice when at owner's event last Summer traveling back towing the Spyder on a trailer talking to folks in Canada on 20 meters.

John KB4QXI

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    We try to ryde all the Maryland SpyderWeb rydes and have been on two so far since getting our Spyder. Wifey Cindy KD5CCB works retail so she can't always get off. We will see if the "Clutter" works with her schedule.

Using the adapters should work great and be a lot less trouble. I am rigging up the FTM-10 mobile on my 2-wheeler (Honda NC700X DCT) that has a large frunk with the radio in it so I want to build the cables for more flexibility.

The mod for the PTT switch is in post #28 in the link below:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=PTT+switch

WA5VHU
    Please let us know if you are going, it would be nice to meet you both. Thanks for the link, I hope to use the Ptt without modifying the original wiring.

KA2PFL
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I have HF and 2 meter/440 set up in my truck. Also, HF and 2 meters in house.
    haven't figured out to hook up on Spyder? But then I don't do blue tooth phone on bike.

Was nice when at owner's event last Summer traveling back towing the Spyder on a trailer talking to folks in Canada on 20 meters.

John KB4QXI
    Yes, 20 meters is nice from a vehicle, less noise then the lower bands. I only have 2 vehicles with HF, an old military jeep we take in the woods (far away from cell service) and our sailboat. Do not think HF would be a good idea on the Spyder, unless it was low power. The Nanny would object, Lol. RF does strange things to computers. The last thing I would want is to be tooling along at 65MPH and have the Nanny lock up my brakes!

KA2PFL
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Cool

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you are Ham Radio Operators? My Wife, Son and I are. Do any of you have your ham radio portable, VHF/UHF connected to the spyders audio system?

Take Care,
    Louie KA2PFL
    Don't own a Spyder yet, but on my to do list for 2014, been riding two wheelers about 60 yrs. I am W1AYZ/7. Was 15 years with Navy/Marine Corps. MARS program. Seldom on the air lately. Too many irons in the fire.

Spyder Garage

Been working on an upgrade to Extra for over 15 years. Main reason was to have a higher license than a friend who holds the Advance license and he is also an electrical engineer.
    So I finally pass the test as an Extra this past month! Figured I needed to do it now before more technical stuff is invented I’d have to learn about that would be on the test.

I highly recommend Ham Test Online over using any of the books. I liked the Gordon West book over the ARRL book. They are good IF you have a photographic memory, which I don’t.

73’s

KB4QXI

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YES

Yes there are several running 2 and 6 meters.
    I have supplied the SR10 so they can use their rig bluetooth
    Dave 73's

Hi All,
    Just wondering if any of you are Ham Radio Operators? My Wife, Son and I are. Do any of you have your ham radio portable, VHF/UHF connected to the spyders audio system?

Take Care,
    Louie KA2PFL
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 04-12-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Smile Happy Ham Rider!

I ride a 2017 RTs and carry a handheld to use when I'm stopped! Driving and talking increases the chance for disaster. My call is KE7GZU I do one hobby at a time, HF from home or camped. 73 to all our riding Hams.

Spyder Garage

I'm a ham ,don't talk on my Spyder though. I carry my XTS 5000 VHF , XPR 7550 UHF and a non ham XTS5000 800 mhz all Motorola radios. My 7550 is bluetooth to my Sena 20s ,but only for audio for the DMR ham system.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

N4EOL

Spyder Garage

I got my Tech in the summer and got my General in Nov. I carry a Baofeng when I ride and have a Yaseu 857D for home/base. Have considered Extra, but I don't think I have what it takes to pass it. I have looked at the the test and it gives me some concern. KM6KSQ
    ("It is a great day for hockey." Bob "Badger" Johnson)

KM6KSQ

2021 Blue RT Spyder
    Comfort Seat
    BajaRon Bar

2012 Bronze RT-Limited Spyder ///SOLD///
    Inspector Gadgets Floorboards $150 & Highway Pegs $65, BajaRon Bar, Corbin Seat & Armrests

2008 Yellow GS SM5 Spyder ///SOLD///
    Corbin Seat, Seal Floorboards, 3" risers, CalSci windshield, DWG Speakers, Spyder front and back decal, passenger foot peg extensions.

2015 Yellow Chevy Camaro Convertible

Spyder Garage

I'm WD8AJJ Gary. I runaround with a Boefung dual band on my belt. If I drop it I only lost $18.00. I have APRS running on the trike all the time. Fun for friends to see were I have been or lost. I do take my Mini HF radio, 15 watts, with me when traveling. I don't like to talk while riding being the noise andf all and the nutty drivers, rather pull off and get directions or whatever else.

Spyder Garage

Default HAM Radio

WA6IRQ Here !

I carry a commercial radio that has Bluetooth capability. I program it with the most common frequencies when I travel.
    The Scala Freecom 4 headset allows for me to connect with several bluetooth devices as needed.

So I program the cell phone and the handheld. I have a dial up remote HF radio sitting at 7500' "just above Lake Tahoe North shore". I don't use the HF much as it requires a little more attention to operate than I like when I am in motion.. but I have on occasion!!!

Great to know we have HAM's out there.

73's

Wes
    2012 RT
    RT-622 Trailer
    Custom Dynamics lighting
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

K8QF no radio on my Spyder. Several in the shack!!
    2015 RT Limited Red
    2017 Harley Street Glide

Spyder Garage

VE3WHY & VE3YOY no radios on the Spyders.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

i keep a vx-7r in the trunk. 73 de k4dnk

mark