Spyder Garage

Default Warranty question

When I purchased my 2014 ST LTD yesterday the deal was to include a 4 year warranty. The normal two years from BRP plus a two year incentive extension for close out 2014's.

I'm kinda a stickler for details and when I asked about the documentation showing the 4 year warranty, the salesman drew a blank...hesitated... and said that it was not from him, but thru the manufacturer.

So my questions:

Should I be getting something in the mail from BRP validating the warranty?

Is there a registration form I should be filling out?

I tried using the search, but gave up outta frustration!!!

TIA

Craig
    Last edited by searsboy; 11-26-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Eventually you will get something. However, it will be downloaded into the service department computer within a few days. Just call the service department and have them run your VIN number.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Fast reply!

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

in the meantime if you should need roadside assistance you can call 1 866 477-1415 be sure to have your VIN because they will need it before rendering any assistance.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Maybe its just me but when a salesman or the GM, won't put something in writing, I'm figuring they are lying. I had to re-negotiate my BMW purchase 2 months later, because not one but 2 salesmen lied. Having practiced law in another life, I know how to become a very expensive problem.

IMO it would be so much easier for these dealers and the client if they just picked a price to make a profit to stay in business, but IMO its a pathetic mind set that most of them have that I think that comes first and then they are drawn to be salesmen/dealer. It's a challenge to ding you for a few extra bucks.

Well, enough of my bitching, hopefully, you can walk if you don't get what you expect.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

If all else fails, have BRPcare.com handle it.

The advice given so far is right on though. on your new purchase. A pox on the dealer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got the same extension of warranty with my 2014. I recall seeing the promotion on BRPs website. I'm not too concerned that it will be honored.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    I got the same extension of warranty with my 2014. I recall seeing the promotion on BRPs website. I'm not too concerned that it will be honored.
    When I purchased my new 2008 Spyder, I also got the two year extension. But, the dealer put that in writing on the contract I signed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    in the meantime if you should need roadside assistance you can call 1 866 477-1415 be sure to have your VIN because they will need it before rendering any assistance.

Cruzr Joe

That "roadside assistance" doesn't cover very much. I'd call AAA or Good Sam first, at least unless you've verified that there's enough coverage there to get you where you need to go.

Spyder Garage

Default IMHO BRP roadside is slightly better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    That "roadside assistance" doesn't cover very much. I'd call AAA or Good Sam first, at least unless you've verified that there's enough coverage there to get you where you need to go.
    But not much. I recommend AAA Premium RV and HIGHLY recommend Good Sam platinum. And also make sure you have "made the deal" with either before you try to use...they sort of say NO to calling..ordering the insurance and immediately make a claim!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Unhappy I called first.

Quote Originally Posted by searsboy View Post
    When I purchased my 2014 ST LTD yesterday the deal was to include a 4 year warranty. The normal two years from BRP plus a two year incentive extension for close out 2014's.

I'm kinda a stickler for details and when I asked about the documentation showing the 4 year warranty, the salesman drew a blank...hesitated... and said that it was not from him, but thru the manufacturer.

So my questions:

Should I be getting something in the mail from BRP validating the warranty?

Is there a registration form I should be filling out?

I tried using the search, but gave up outta frustration!!!

TIA

Craig
    I first called BRP after I bought my 2014 RTL to see if I was in their system (with the extra 24 month warranty). I wasn't. They said the dealer had to first enter it in the system and offered to open a "case" for me. I told the girl, no thanks. There's a time and place to open a case and this wasn't one of them.

I called my dealer and they said it would be in the system by tomorrow. A day later I called BRP back and it was in the system... all 48 months. A couple of weeks later I got the "official" letter with ID card from BRP.

All is good. Don't worry, be happy.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I took delivery of my RT on 11-15 and I had my Best card in the mail on the 17th. I had signed the papers two weeks earlier though, so it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get your card.

Spyder Garage

If it's brand new why worry about the warranty? Go ride!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White