Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You didn't LIKE it, when she hugged-up closer to you???
    I always thought that was the reason why we wanted so much braking power!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Seat Issue-

Quote Originally Posted by Wazoo View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with sliding while seated on the Ultimate seat? I had no issues with the stock seat but I slide forward when braking hard and backward when accelerating. If so, does anyone have any ideas on reducing the slide without making the seat sticky to the touch.
    Wazoo-
    We're sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the seat. We have hundreds of seats out there for RT's without people bringing up this issue. I would have asked the same as others have with "what have you cleaned/treated it" with. But as you stated, there hasn't been anything. I've talked to our Tech and Des and since we haven't had this issue brought to our attentions before, we really don't have a 'quick fix' solution.

Ride safe,

Dave
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

My stock seat with an AirHawk R lets me ride, all day, in comfort . . . and for considerably less cost than a replacement seat. The only trick is getting the inflation right for you . . . and their directions are very good. It took me a few hundred miles, but once I found the right place, I fell in love with it.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Every Ultimate and Corbin seat that I have sat on makes me slide forward too so I stick with my vinyl BRP Comfort Seat. I don't even have to be braking and they make me slide. Have you asked Ultimate what they suggest?
    I find it interesting that you and I ride more than anyone else out there and yet we are content with the regular BRP seats without the fancy seat expense....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no complaints about the OEM seating either...

...but I'm nowhere near the rider, that you two are!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    I find it interesting that you and I ride more than anyone else out there and yet we are content with the regular BRP seats without the fancy seat expense....
    My "iron butt" days are far behind me . . . I used to think nothing of hoping on to my 350cc bike and riding from Arkansas, where I was stationed, to Mom and Dad's in Syracuse, NY, only stopping for gas, sandwiches, and coffee - but that was almost 50 years ago!

I don't know if I'm older and wiser, or just became a wimp in my dotage, but comfort has become increasingly important to me, when riding.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    try a sheepskin cover on it
    That is what I use on my ultimate seat and it works great for more than that issue. Will never be without one from now on.

Dennis
    2013 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Resolution - but the search continues

Ultimate took back the seat and reinstalled my stock seat--all very professional and accommodating. As soon as I sat on the stock seat it reinforced my conclusion that the Ultimate seat was far more comfortable and provided much better support that the stock seat. My comfortable riding time with the Ultimate seat was much much longer. However I can not ignore my issue that started this thread (given the low response to my initial inquiry I cannot discern if the sliding was more attributable to my physique and how it affects the forces of gravity/inertia or whether I am perhaps just more picky or attentive than the vast number of other satisfied customers).

So, any recommendations on another seat vendor. I seem to recall in another thread someone that mentioned another seat vendor based on the west coast--anyone recall and or have any experience with the as yet undisclosed vendor?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Russell DayLong seats have a lot of fans...

https://www.day-long.com

Last edited by Bob Denman; 12-02-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default slippery seat

i just put a used corbin seat on my gs last week. rode it for a little while on saturday, no sliding. rode it for a couple hours on sunday and i'm sliding all over the place. the only difference was saturday i wore older jeans, sunday i wore newer jeans. what does all that mean? the hell if i know. maybe the older jeans somehow grip the leather better.
    i wonder if mink oil would help. it IS kind of sticky. any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    i just put a used corbin seat on my gs last week. rode it for a little while on saturday, no sliding. rode it for a couple hours on sunday and i'm sliding all over the place. the only difference was saturday i wore older jeans, sunday i wore newer jeans. what does all that mean? the hell if i know. maybe the older jeans somehow grip the leather better.

Maybe next time you will listen to the guy in post 25..........He seems to know what he is talking about.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    Funny I thought of whether the jeans I wear might be the cause--I only wear old jeans to ride, so doesn't sound like there is a correlation. But I like the way you think.

Spyder Garage

Default he does

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Maybe next time you will listen to the guy in post 25..........He seems to know what he is talking about.
    every once in a while. how is Holly sliding into you a BAD thing ? i need input from a leather expert.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

I've got an ultimate on my rs. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Have i slid around yes depending what i'm wearing . Never considered it a big deal. Just planted feet a little harder and i ride hard through corners.

Huge concern ride naked or put suction cups on the wazoo

Just a joke

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It must be the silk riding pants...
    Yikes!

Spyder Garage

Ultimate took back the seat and reinstalled my stock seat--all very professional and accommodating. As soon as I sat on the stock seat it reinforced my conclusion that the Ultimate seat was far more comfortable and provided much better support that the stock seat. My comfortable riding time with the Ultimate seat was much much longer. However I can not ignore my issue that started this thread (given the low response to my initial inquiry I cannot discern if the sliding was more attributable to my physique and how it affects the forces of gravity/inertia or whether I am perhaps just more picky or attentive than the vast number of other satisfied customers).

So, any recommendations on another seat vendor. I seem to recall in another thread someone that mentioned another seat vendor based on the west coast--anyone recall and or have any experience with the as yet undisclosed vendor?
    I just got the Tallboy for my ST this Christmas. I know exactly what you mean by sliding around. I do feel like I sit "IN" the seat more and not "ON" it but I definitely slid around. The "jury is still out" whether I'm going to keep the seat or not. I was really counting on the 2" further rearward seating position with the Tallboy but there's no discernable difference from my stock seat. I'm sure the Ultimate Seat is a much better seat than the stock one but I honestly can't feel that much improvement. I do like the way it looks, that's great but for just under $600 dollars I was expecting a "Wow" factor when I sat on it. Nice to hear how well Ultimate Seats responded to you. They were very helpful when my wife purchased it for my Christmas gift and made sure I got it on time. I'm sure I'll hear back from them once their warehouse and operations resume in January.

Spyder Garage

I had the Ultimate Seat, sold it, and now I have the Russell Day Long with their backrest. For me, the Russell seat is awesome and there was a very short break in period. I got mine during the riding season and didn't want any down time. So I bought a used seat and left that seat with them to work their magic. Two weeks later I was sitting on a cloud.

Their customer service is top notch.

Dave
    Last edited by Spyder RTL; 12-27-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Life is too short not to enjoy the toys.

2014 RT Limited
    , White
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Zumo 590
    BRP CB Radio
    BajaRon Anti-Swaybar
    Russell Day-Long Seat
    RIVCO Flag Holders

Other Rydes:
    Segway X2

Past Rydes:
    Honda Helix
    Honda Shadow
    Piaggio MP3
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    2009 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    to be honest i don't understand why your wazoo slides so much on the seat
    'Cause he wears his silk "jammies" when he rides.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Very disappointed in Ultimate Seats

As I stated below, the Ultimate Seat's Tallboy didn't move me rearward 2". As a matter of fact as you can see by the attached image it didn't move me rearward at all! Plus being so slippery, it was actually seating me more forward at times. I sent it back which cost me $48 and they refunded me, less shipping which cost me another $55. I guess they include a "handling" fee. So it cost me $103 to try their seat. They're going to be able to sell that seat to someone else and not be out a dime. I asked them to meet me half way on the shipping charges and they said NO, that's their "policy". Needless to say I'm NOT at all impressed with Ultimate Seats. While their seat looked good, it didn't perform as advertised and I don't like being charged for bad performance.

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    I just got the Tallboy for my ST this Christmas. I know exactly what you mean by sliding around. I do feel like I sit "IN" the seat more and not "ON" it but I definitely slid around. The "jury is still out" whether I'm going to keep the seat or not. I was really counting on the 2" further rearward seating position with the Tallboy but there's no discernable difference from my stock seat. I'm sure the Ultimate Seat is a much better seat than the stock one but I honestly can't feel that much improvement. I do like the way it looks, that's great but for just under $600 dollars I was expecting a "Wow" factor when I sat on it. Nice to hear how well Ultimate Seats responded to you. They were very helpful when my wife purchased it for my Christmas gift and made sure I got it on time. I'm sure I'll hear back from them once their warehouse and operations resume in January.
    Last edited by golfsferr; 02-08-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default cb radios

Is anybody using a handheld cb for communicating with other riders if so what antenna r using i use a midland 822 but short rubber antenna works ok in a parking lot but with say ten or more riders some with cb and other no cb cannot reach lead rider only sometimes any thoughts about different antennas.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Gets awfully hot down here in Texas. Use a simple old fashioned "cool Cushion" like you did when you were 15 in your old 49 Ford 2 door. Just tie it down and you are home free with a cooler bootie. No sliding.
    Last edited by thrinsag; 03-08-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: editing

Spyder Garage

Yes they are a bit slippery. If you squeeze your knees together it turns it into a non issue. Even using Ultimate cleaner makes it worse. The comfort it provides out weighs it to me. I can toss a gel pad on it an it is fine. This is what I use for longer rides

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diamond-Plat...-/380984525541

2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment