Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Extended Warranty

Anyone know what BRP extended warranty is going for these days and is it worth it???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact Bert's Mega Mall or Pitbull for pricing. They are both spyderlovers.com sponsors and their info is on the homepage. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it. Are you still looking for a 2014? You could try to negotiate the extended warranty as part of the purchase. At different times of the year, BRP offers the extended warranty for free with purchase. The extended warranty is transferrable - at no charge - so it is a good selling point when you go to sell.

The Spyder is a pretty complicated machine and when things go wrong they are usually pretty expensive to repair. I purchased the extended on my 2010 RT and paid somewhere around $900 for an additional 3 year warranty. The warranty paid for itself in the first year and when I sold the Spyder in 2013 I still had 2 years left on it.

PS Your dealer may be willing to match the Bert's and Pitbull pricing.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm in negotiation for a 2014 RT as we speak.... Dealer is quoting $899 for an additional 4 years of warranty... Total of 6 years with the extended.

Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty

I recently purchased a 2014 RT ltd and received an extended warranty as a part of the deal. My coverage continues to 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Contact Bert's Mega Mall or Pitbull for pricing. They are both spyderlovers.com sponsors and their info is on the homepage. Is it worth it? Yes, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it. Are you still looking for a 2014? You could try to negotiate the extended warranty as part of the purchase. At different times of the year, BRP offers the extended warranty for free with purchase. The extended warranty is transferrable - at no charge - so it is a good selling point when you go to sell.

The Spyder is a pretty complicated machine and when things go wrong they are usually pretty expensive to repair. I purchased the extended on my 2010 RT and paid somewhere around $900 for an additional 3 year warranty. The warranty paid for itself in the first year and when I sold the Spyder in 2013 I still had 2 years left on it.

PS Your dealer may be willing to match the Bert's and Pitbull pricing.

Spyder Garage

Full/max Best was $700 with sale...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

We have the BEST warranty (5yrs) on both our Spyders. BRP has a pretty good reputation of standing behind the warranty.

That said, they refuse to provide a copy of the actual contract stating what is and is not covered. I have called several times and essentially gotten the same response that the document does not exist and I should take my Spyder to my dealer if I have a problem. Dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them.

BRP seems to approve or deny coverage based as much on your relationship with them and your dealer as any contract terms. I do NOT have a good feeling that the contract will do me any good if the time ever comes that I need it. But better to have it than not with these bikes I suppose. For the coverage it supposedly provides, the costs are in line or reasonable compared to other warranty contracts. I have no idea how BRP can stay right with the law with this practice but, who knows.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Just bought a new 2014 RT Limited from Ride Now Sports. I asked about the promotional extended warranty. They said it was not available but could purchase for two years @ $800. I said no thanks.

Low and behold, I received a two year extended warranty in the mail from BRP last week at no charge.

Nothing like doing business with an uninformed dealer. You would expect more from a company that has 34 dealerships!

Totally clueless Sales Manager, Assistant Sales Manager, and Business Office. They did match price with Louis in Texas.

Jack

All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    We have the BEST warranty (5yrs) on both our Spyders. BRP has a pretty good reputation of standing behind the warranty.

That said, they refuse to provide a copy of the actual contract stating what is and is not covered. I have called several times and essentially gotten the same response that the document does not exist and I should take my Spyder to my dealer if I have a problem. Dealer looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them.

BRP seems to approve or deny coverage based as much on your relationship with them and your dealer as any contract terms. I do NOT have a good feeling that the contract will do me any good if the time ever comes that I need it. But better to have it than not with these bikes I suppose. For the coverage it supposedly provides, the costs are in line or reasonable compared to other warranty contracts. I have no idea how BRP can stay right with the law with this practice but, who knows.
    From what I have gathered the BEST extended warranty is not a full coverage and very limited to major components.

Several people I know have not been happy with it. Lets hear from some who have tried to use the BEST Warranty.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Used the Best Warranty several times.

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    From what I have gathered the BEST extended warranty is not a full coverage and very limited to major components.

Several people I know have not been happy with it. Lets hear from some who have tried to use the BEST Warranty.

Jack
    The original 2 year warranty was up last fall on the 2011 RT and was used about 3 times for throttle bodies, purge valves, etc. Re-upped for another two years and had another throttle body, purge valve on the RT going on 63,000 miles. If you're going to put some miles on it, I would say that it pays to have the Best or extended warranties. Also is helpful to have a dealer that will go to bat for you. Hope to run out this warranty and get another 40,000 on this model
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

I would like to relate to the forum that very shortly after my post about not having a copy of the actual contract, BRPCares PM'd me. He sent me a copy by email. THANKS.

Having read it, and its not all that long, its actually a very inclusive contract with only a fairly short list of 'not covered' items.

Only a few surprises in the list. Electrical connectors are an odd one that are excluded.

One that has been beaten about here in the past was the cooling fan. According to the contract, it is NOT excluded and should be covered. Hmmm.

But THANKS BRPCares for stepping up and sending me the contract for my warranty.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

What I'm concerned about is my F3. Deposit of 1000.00 in September but now hear delivery will not take place until Mar or April. How is the BEST offer being handled for the additional 2 year?
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Default Would not be without

I had on my '10...had 1 year left when I traded in...It more than paid for itself...never had an issue for BRP to accept and pay for any warranty work (on the extended there is a $50 deductible). My '10 had a major engine issue shortly after I traded in...BEST warranty paid for new engine...dealer was grateful and thankful for the year warranty they were able to use. When I bought my '14 the extended warranty was a MUST HAVE...for me. So do I say get...absolutely.. (fyi Bert's Mega Mall and Pitbull had the best prices both times)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

I have turned 180 degrees in my opinion about extended warranties.

For the , an extended warranty is very advisable. I received an extended two year warranty as part of the package price when I purchased my new 2014. So, I am covered for 4 years.

Repairs on a are not cheap if they are needed.

Those placing an order within the warranty special offers periods are supposed to be covered, regardless of when delivery takes place.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BEST

I just called Pitbull and Bert's yesterday and they were only $50 different than my new "local" dealer. $1098 for 3 yrs.
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 11-20-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Got mine

Picked up my '14 RT on October 10th and got a BEST registration card for the additional two years yesterday. Dealer seems to think I can extend it further if I buy the extension during the first year.

Anybody heard that?
    SS1000, BB1500
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ironbuttdean View Post
    Picked up my '14 RT on October 10th and got a BEST registration card for the additional two years yesterday. Dealer seems to think I can extend it further if I buy the extension during the first year.

Anybody heard that?
    I was told if I got 1 Yr I could extend it as long as the Yr wasn't up.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    What I'm concerned about is my F3. Deposit of 1000.00 in September but now hear delivery will not take place until Mar or April. How is the BEST offer being handled for the additional 2 year?
    Hi Gundoctor,

The regular warranty doesn't begin until the moment the vehicle is registered; BEST warranty kicks in immediately at the end of the regular warranty.

So you won't be losing any warranty coverage time if your vehicle is ready later than expected.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Gundoctor,

The regular warranty doesn't begin until the moment the vehicle is registered; BEST warranty kicks in immediately at the end of the regular warranty.

So you won't be losing any warranty coverage time if your vehicle is ready later than expected.
    But, we ALL hope that it is "sooner"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks BRPcare, but my concern is if I still get the BEST since I am not getting delivery according to the promotional offer because the F3 is not going to be delivered during the offer period?
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Default Deposit

Put a deposit on a new 2014 RT Limited today. I was advised that included with the sale was a 4 year warranty. Offered me an extended year for $450. Think I will jump on that and have the full 5 years. I plan on having it that long since I only average about 4,000 miles a year. I figure one visit to the dealership would cost that much if it wasn't under warranty. Thanks for all the input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I just called Pitbull and Bert's yesterday and they were only $50 different than my new "local" dealer. $1098 for 3 yrs.
    You need to talk to Bryce Page and tell her you are from Spyderlovers to get the discounted rate from Berts.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch

When service at my local dealer looked up my spyders history he said records indicate that the warranty was activated in March 2012 and even though I bought it as a Demo Nov 29th 2012 my warranty has expired.
    I was ready to buy the extended warranty too. Arrgh!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    You need to talk to Bryce Page and tell her you are from Spyderlovers to get the discounted rate from Berts.
    Thanks, doesn't look like I'll be able to get it now but I'll be on the phone tomorrow.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Default re: Gundoctor's Comment and BRPcare

I have the same problem with having a deposit on an F3 that isn't scheduled for delivery until February. I'm even ordering (and paying for) accessories this month. The dealer says he "can't imagine" that BRP would not honor the free 2-year BEST warranty offer since we tried to buy the F3 before Jan 21st but availability of the Spyder prevents it (but he can't guarantee it, of course).

I hope that having placed the deposit in October and bought the accessories in Nov will qualify me for that extended warranty...that is pretty convincing evidence that I wanted to close the deal within the promotion period and honoring it would certainly be in the "spirit" of the offer from BRP.

BRPcare: Can you get us a definitive answer to this?

Thanks!
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Per BRP site

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I was told if I got 1 Yr I could extend it as long as the Yr wasn't up.
    You can purchase the extended Best warranty at any time as long as the original 2 year or whatever existing Best extended warranty is still in effect. Max coverage is 5 years total on any Can Am Spyder per phone conversation with BRP itself.

My wife has a 2014 RTL that came with a 1 year free Best extended for 3 years total coverage and she can purchase 2 additional years at any time before the first 3 years run out. My 2013 RTS came with a 2 year Best plus the 2 year and per corporate BRP I can purchase an additional 1 year any time before my Best coverage runs out as well.

She road an 800 Intruder for 20 years before originally buying the 2013 as a retirement present for herself and I road Valkyries for the last 17 years. If I knew for sure that the Spyder was as well built and was going to last as long as either of the Valk's. (Totaled the original one when a woman pulled out in front of me), I wouldn't even concider an extended warranty. Bought one for the first and with 7 years total coverage, Honda replaced a $30 speedo cable for me that cost me $400 for the extended warrenty. Second Valk? No extended warranty and never needed anything replaced on it that a warranty would have cover. Then after a woman turned in front of me each of the last two years I decided it was time for a new ride. We took a 2014 RT Spyder for ride and WOW!. They didn't have a White that I wanted but did have 2 matt gray one's which my wife really liked (got a great trade in offer on the valk) and she now rides a matt gray 2014 RTL and I ride a 2013 RTS silver Spyder.
    Last edited by rutger; 11-26-2014 at 09:32 AM.