Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation GEORGIA SPYDER RIDERS

Guys, are we all slipping, or are there just not that many happenings in Georgia ?

My problem is I FORGET, there is this slot for us Georgia guys to post, so it can be days or weeks before I check to see if anything is happening.

Face Book, Georgia Spyder Riders could be helpful with instantaneous, well almost. Whenever I power on my puter, I usually have several sights :on" and ready..FB is one. If I get a hit on any FB page I'm following..bingo, I'm alerted.

PLEASE join the FaceBook page, follow it, post on it, wake it up. Let's get some activity going. H.O.G. has "Ice Breaker" rides in most Southern Districts, in Georgia,in JANUARY. And in Feb, Valentines rides, Nov-Dec, Toy Rides...why can't we ?

We just need a smaller State dedicated sight to move forward with some comradery and friendship, to ADD to our memberships here. Do NOT forsake this site LaMonster has provided, but add to his example with our own state page on FB.

Thanks for listening guys....it's up to y'all now. I'm gonna try to enact a local recruitment plan, with LaMonts already given, approval. Even gonna Have business card done up with the Spyder lovers Logo, and hopefully the Georgia Spyder Riders logo, as son as I get permission to use it.
    Regardless of the Avatar...call me "kliff," please Formerly VRCC # 1761
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johmkliff View Post
    Guys, are we all slipping, or are there just not that many happenings in Georgia ?

Thanks for listening guys....it's up to y'all now. I'm gonna try to enact a local recruitment plan, with LaMonts already given, approval. Even gonna Have business card done up with the Spyder lovers Logo, and hopefully the Georgia Spyder Riders logo, as son as I get permission to use it.
    Kliff:

There has been nothing posted on the FB page since June and the last get together was June 7 with the Carolina Spyder Ryders. John Maddox from North Carolina spearheads their events and a number of north Georgia folks attend those meet ups for lunch.

With Keith Holm (Yol Bolsun) moving away to Tennessee (the impetus behind the Georgia Spyder group) it may be even harder to get things moving in this state. Over the course of five years no one has really wanted to take on the organizing task in Georgia although there have been several meetings to try and set something up.

Kliff... good luck on your efforts to toss your helmet in the ring and get this started.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default no face here

I like this thread, but if you will post here (spyderlovers) also any info or news you have would be appreciated. I'm not on facebook and probably a few others. Not hating on facebook or anything i'm just not on it.

Spyder Garage

Didn't know there was a FB page for the Georgia group. Will check it out !
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

image.jpgFor security reasons, I'm not on Facebook.

Just a heads up, the GWRRA B-2 group has at least one ride a week if not more. That makes us look really lame. I'm not living down there now, so I don't attend those rides. You don't have to ride a Goldwing to be a GWRRA member. They have great trike training which gives me a insurance discount!

I'm living in NW GA on Lookout Mountain. Great riding roads up here but you have to be on the lookout for the Bambi hazards!
    Last edited by Cavman; 11-18-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the posts guys, and those that can or will, your support on the Ga Spyder Riders Face Book page will also be appreciated. Today, I left the printers with a $400.00 hole in my checking account, to try and get things moving in my area, the CSRA, Central Savannah River Area. In general Augusta, GA, Richmond and Columbia Counties per se, but not excluding ANYONE that wants to be a part. My bill at the printer is for personal business cards, generic business cards, and stationary, ALL headed up with the SpyderLovers.com and the Georgia Spyder Lovers logos. I'll be putting several sheets of stationary, 5-10 generic business cards, 1-2 of my cards, and a letter of introduction with a mission statement, in legal manila envelopes. Anywhere I see a Spyder parked, I'll hang one of these packets on the handlebars, at the local dealership(still working this out) I hope to be hanging one on each new Spyder on the floor, and one on EACH Spyder coming through the service department.

I'm gonna do my part to liven up the CSRA. I'm not asking any of you to spend one red cent. But I would appreciate your establishing a membership on FB, and following the Georgia Spyder Riders, which will then give you permission to post there. It's free, and it might help us really get things wound up.

I've been a Georgia resident my entire life. I've been riding for 47 years, I've been working on bikes for 47 years, and I intend to stay in Georgia for the rest of my life...most likely riding a Spyder due to bad knees now. So old riders or new, if you're on a Spyder. let's make things happen.

As Spring approaches, if I have any volunteers to help me clean out my 1000 sq ft garage/shop, I'll be glad to open my doors to guys wanting to "Farklize" their Spyders with help if needed. If you don't need or want help, I'll at least be able to offer a lift, pneumatic and hand tools, air compressors, lathes, milling machine, paint equipment, oxy/acet torch, plasma cutter, stick welder, MIG flux wire, and a separste MIG gas wire welder. Like I said, I've been doiung this a few years. If my locals, or travelers need help, I'll do my best to at least supply an area...even if all you want to do is change you oil.

How many other guys in Ga can match that? NOT trying to belittle anyone, just saying, IF you can help a fellow Spyder Rider, PLEASE, please do it. And helping starts with getting our act together, here and on FB.
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default Kliff

Kliff,
    If you want to help to run the Georgia Spyder Riders talk to Hawk. Send him a Private Message, he knows more about the group then most of us.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, advice taken, PM sent!
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Spyder Garage

I welcome anyone that wants to help organize anything. I have always said this is OUR group not mine. I have not been riding much at all this season and have not organized anything. But I have always said that I should not be the only one organizing anything. Anyone is free to organize a trip, lunch, etc, and it is encouraged. We do not have an official leader/organizer, I have just been doing what I can, when I can. If I see anything posted, I try to update our website (GASpyderRiders.com) with the info and will also post it on the FB page going forward. I have no problem with subchapters, but like I said, this is OUR group, so if anyone has any suggestions or concerns, post them and we can discuss them. I am hoping next year I will be able to ride much more and we do alot more. I am having surgery next week and will not be riding for a bit, plus its FREEZING right now!!

Spyder Garage

If you want a worthy cause to schedule an event to rally around, you might consider doing a Road Warrior Foundation Ryder Awareness Ryde to help Spyder Ryders everywhere to raise money for the big trip in May 2015 Valcourt Canada to Key West Ryde. We have had Ryde 1 in Florida and Ryde 2 is scheduled for Dec 13th in Jacksonville.. We hope other states will pick up the ball to support our wounded veteran via this BRP sponsored charity event.. contact Craig Anders, a principal at www.roadwarrior.org for details and possible dates. If you hold an event anywhere in Georgia I will ride to it to support the veterans and you folks who want to become more active. I spearheaded the build of a 338 member Spyder Ryding club in Florida so have some experience that might help you.. contact me if you want any assistance
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

If all is going well up here (health wise) I will make a concerted effort to be in Jacksonville on the 13th. Probably ride down on the 12th, and return home on the 14th. Hope to see you there. Will know better towards the 1st of Dec. If you know of any Spyder Riders in Jacksonville, could you please get someone to research motel availability near ground zero for the meeting and ride, I'd appreciate it.
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered 7 of Lamont's decals :

One to be installed on my RS-S. and the other 6 to be included with the CSRA Local Spyder Lovers of Georgia recruitment packs I'm putting together. Sure hope all this stirs up some interest in Eastern GA, And even the SC side of the Savannah River in the CSRA. It's a start anyway.
    Last edited by Johmkliff; 11-20-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: more info
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Spyder Garage

If all is going well up here (health wise) I will make a concerted effort to be in Jacksonville on the 13th. Probably ride down on the 12th, and return home on the 14th. Hope to see you there. Will know better towards the 1st of Dec. If you know of any Spyder Riders in Jacksonville, could you please get someone to research motel availability near ground zero for the meeting and ride, I'd appreciate it.
    We have riders coming in from other parts of the state so I will let you know when I find out where they are staying.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Just ordered 7 of Lamont's decals :

One to be installed on my RS-S. and the other 6 to be included with the CSRA Local Spyder Lovers of Georgia recruitment packs I'm putting together. Sure hope all this stirs up some interest in Eastern GA, And even the SC side of the Savannah River in the CSRA. It's a start anyway.
    This was already on my bike when i bought it. I think it is so cool.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeflex42 View Post
    This was already on my bike when i bought it. I think it is so cool.
    I thought so when I first saw it too.

A little off topic, but do you have anything special planned for Dec 12-13-14 ? Feel like a ride to Jacksonville FL ?
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default Championship

I thought so when I first saw it too.

A little off topic, but do you have anything special planned for Dec 12-13-14 ? Feel like a ride to Jacksonville FL ?
    Yeah it was off topic my computer blanked off right after i finished that sentence . Our football team is a favorite to bring the championship trophy to our city. Hopefully we will be playing in the GA Dome that weekend. So i wont be able to make that ride with you all, maybe next one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Understand perfectly...support those kids efforts. No-one can make every ride, like you said, maybe next year, or better yet, maybe we can get something stirred up this Spring and Summer. I'm already making some plans for Myrtle Beach Spyder Rally, just can't afford the time nor expense of the full 8 days. trying to figure out whether I want to go the first 4, last 4, or middle 4.... 4 being the operative number for me, which equates to about $332.00 in motel bills, $250.00 for meals, $150.00 for gas, and around $250.00 for "whatever," maybe a laser alignment, tee shirts, souvenirs... total to be around a grand, hopefully less, but that will be my budget.

Then Biketoberfest in Daytona, I already have a time share down there, week 41 which averages maintenance fees and taxes about $450.00 per year, eating out, and groceries, the TS unit has a kitchen, about $300.00, $275.00 for gas, and another $250.00 to play with. Since I pay my Maint fees and taxes every year anyway, I don't even count them on my Vacation budget, so Daytona equals about $825.00, but that's for 7 days.

I'm sure at least one other "major" ride will pop up, that I just have to attend, so I'll budget in another $1000.00 for that. My 2015 MAJOR ride budget will be just under $3000.00. Shorter rides, one day, even overnighters, I just sorta take 'em as they come, and try to keep totals under $300.00 each, for those, I set aside $1200.00 for the year.

On a fixed income, so I sorta plan ahead of time, and come January , probably around the 5 or 6th, I'll put $4K in the safe deposit box, just for this reason, and only take out what I need for each ride. Probably a bit anal, but planning a year ahead keeps all my other bills flowing nicely with no burps, pauses, or interruptions... I'm sure my creditors appreciate it ! LMAO...
    Last edited by Johmkliff; 11-21-2014 at 09:19 AM.
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default facebbok page what is its name

what is the name of the facebook page?

My problem is I FORGET, there is this slot for us Georgia guys to post, so it can be days or weeks before I check to see if anything is happening.

Face Book, Georgia Spyder Riders could be helpful with instantaneous, well almost. Whenever I power on my puter, I usually have several sights :on" and ready..FB is one. If I get a hit on any FB page I'm following..bingo, I'm alerted.

PLEASE join the FaceBook page, follow it, post on it, wake it up. Let's get some activity going. H.O.G. has "Ice Breaker" rides in most Southern Districts, in Georgia,in JANUARY. And in Feb, Valentines rides, Nov-Dec, Toy Rides...why can't we ?

We just need a smaller State dedicated sight to move forward with some comradery and friendship, to ADD to our memberships here. Do NOT forsake this site LaMonster has provided, but add to his example with our own state page on FB.

Harvey

Spyder Garage

The FB page is
    https://www.facebook.com/GeorgiaSpyderRiders

and the web page is
    http://www.gaspyderriders.com

The Demo truck & test rides will be in our area in January, signup on the BRP site. I'll be in Cartersville in the afternoon.

Spyder Garage

I'm not on Facebook for security reasons.

Whenever my friend up here gets his 'stuff' out of my garage and moved into his new house, I will be looking into having an alignment gathering up here. I have talked to Greg Cain in Alabama about it.

I was also hoping to having some sort of short ride up in the NW GA area. I did one last year at the end of August when my Spyder was still in the shop.

A group of us got together last year for lunch but that seemed to fizzle too. :>(