Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The folks at Power are good people to work with - that's where I bought my RT. If the sky is clear, I'll ride my RT, but if it's raining or threatening to rain, she stays home.

Spyder Garage

I'm in So. Oregon, plan to ride all year (less ice & snow, which is minimal here. So far riding in the rain hasn't been an issue at all, Spyder handles like a car as far as I can tell. I do avoid standing water!
    2013 ST L , Black Current

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you ride in the rain, you'll NEED a mud flap - I have the BRP trailer hitch, which includes one... otherwise, the back of the Spyder will be a mess, and is hard to clean up and keep clean.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Went for a nice ride yesterday (57 & kinda dry) - still had rubbish all over the back of the bike when I got home - even with a mudflap... no joy today - too many folks over, and too wet... now the forecast is COLD again... guess we have to take is as we get it...

Spyder Garage

Default Another short winter ride

Got to do some riding around The Dalles today. The rain held off till evening and almost no gravel on the road. Was great to be out for awhile. In the low 40s but without the wind it was not to bad.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You've got some really great riding areas over there! Not to mention Cousins!!!

Here's a loop for you to try one sunny day: 35 towards 26 to Forest Road 48 (Rt at the pull off at/before the glacier bridge - East side of 35), to Wamac, onto Tygh Valley, then N on 197 to your home. If the weather's nice, a stop at Badger lake is warranted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You've got some really great riding areas over there! Not to mention Cousins!!!

Here's a loop for you to try one sunny day: 35 towards 26 to Forest Road 48 (Rt at the pull off at/before the glacier bridge - East side of 35), to Wamac, onto Tygh Valley, then N on 197 to your home. If the weather's nice, a stop at Badger lake is warranted.
    Been on that route many times. Great ride. Not sure what lake you mean. I have been into Badger lake also many times and it is a rough road. We ride our atvs into there once a year now with a Forest Service permit. I see 4 wheel drives in there and some cars but I sure would not take my car down that road. This year the ride into that lake is the end of June. Nomac is the name of the atv club I go with. It seems that Cousins is a great cafe to meet friends from out of town at. Give me a holler when you are headed that way and will try to meet up with you.

There is a bunch of us that ride here in The Dalles in the summer time mostly. Usually we meet on Thursdays in the morning for a day ride. There is usually 3 trikes, my spyder and a few other bikes of various makes. A blast.