Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 foot pegs.

When I did a test ride on the F3, they gave me one with the foot pegs in the #2 position. I am 5' 7" with a 29" inseam, which tells you I am not only short, but have short legs & arms. I have to admit that they did a good job matching me to a F3. It was very comfortable, and because you sit lower than on my RT-L, it was a very different ride, but a lot of fun. This F3 will move. I have a 2014 RT-L, and the F3 was much quicker etc. They have done several things to make it a lot different than the RT, even though it has the same engine, and transmission. It is lighter in weight, it has a rear sprocket that is larger, the engine is tuned differently, it has a different muffler etc. There are many changes that make this a truly different ride than the RT. I too am an x-Harley rider as well as other cruiser type two wheel bikes. I enjoyed my demo ride a lot, and if I could afford a second Spyder, I would buy one. I think they have put together a bike that will appeal to a new group of riders.
    Baja Ron Anti-sway bar
    Spyder Pop's skid plate

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Looking at this picture, You do look overstretched in photo.

Forgot to tell you i'm every bit of 5'4' tall,,,or should i say ,,,short??

Spyder Garage

I put highway pegs on my RT so I can sterach out my legs as my knees get sore in the standard riding position. I think the F3 looks like it would be more comfortable for me, but would need to test ride one first. I would miss the storage of the RT so unless they offer a hitch for it so I can tow a trailer then no F3 for me.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Forgot to tell you i'm every bit of 5'4' tall,,,or should i say ,,,short??
    Then you're good to go!!

UFIT.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Then you're good to go!!

UFIT.jpg
    Had no idea that you could adjust the pegs!!, learn something new every day!!

Spyder Garage

Just returned from Long Beach, and got to ride the F3-S. Where do I start....just sitting on the bike immediately you know there is something really different about the Spyder from all the others. The sense of unity hits you. Like a coupler married up to its adjoining part. The comfort is awesome as well as a felling of stability. I haven't even started the bike yet and my expectations were exceeded. I've been a Harley rider for ever, but to feel really secure on this F3 isn't a sensation one gets from a two wheeler. After a short safety video and once around the coned off track, we were fitted to the F3 based on height. Really felt like it was made for my reach and comfort.

My girlfriend was right in front of me, which is how we always ride, but now I'm on a Spyder rather than my Harley. We headed out the parking lot single file and hit the streets. After a block or so we were clear of all the venue traffic and went over a huge bridge with moderate traffic, but then it opened up along with my throttle ...holy mother of flight... These 1330 are better than a shoulder adjustment from my chiropractor. I was truly surprised of the speed, even after reading the dozen or so comments of the performance and speed. Wow is all I can add to my endless grin for the next 30-45 minutes of cruising through Long Beach. The only mix feeling I have now is my decision to test ride it, now I have to wait for mine to come in knowing this is the most fun I have ever had on a bike. Been riding since I was 9 and have been on a bunch of different rides, but now' 50 years later this is the best riding experience I have ever had.

I also meet several members including Scotty Broad from Spyder Ryder Of America, Los Angeles Chapter. Looking forward to joining up.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416113938.230715.jpg
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Dr. That's about as fair an honest an assessment as I've heard since they debut! Heading down today to check em out in person. I have a ride scheduled for the 21st at Del Amo but of course I'll see if I can squeeze in today who knows someone might get a hang nail and a space opens up!!! Lol

Ridding and modding my Spyder since 4-14... Lol

Spyder Garage

You will be happy you did. Lots of different demos from others. No entrance fee other than parking to do demos.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

for the cruiser it is a dream come true. I did not ryde one but sat on them at the IMS Long Beach show. Tried all the positions on the bars and pegs. Now for those of us with back and or other issues this is not the greatest. I for one do use my legs to help support my back I like being able to stand/lift out of the seat a bit on long rydes. I also use leg pressure on the pegs for cornering. I find the seating on the F3 limiting this range of motion. Mind you this is only my view...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Some nice floor boards would give the Ryder some foot placement options.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    Some nice floor boards would give the Ryder some foot placement options.
    They have floor boards as an option. In fact the F3 has more BRP options than any other models. IMHO
    Baja Ron Anti-sway bar
    Spyder Pop's skid plate

Spyder Garage

Saw them when I was comparing the Sena communications in BRP 2015 accessory catalog ...$500 I think for factory floor board, which is just a extended foot peg...ridiculous.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Went to the Texas Long Horn rally and had the chance to sit on one, i guess i'm used to the standard riding position because i did not like the crusier like posture, also my wife said that the front looks like a lawn mower
    Both you and your wife are correct.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rode an F3-S last Thursday in Temecula. Wow!! Loved the seating position, and performance was incredible!! Handled much better than my 2009 RS, which I have been working on to turn it into a ST...adding Madstad windshield, Custom Dynamics 3.5" risers, Rivco floorboards and heel-toe shifter, Baja Ron swaybar, BRP sport rack and passenger backrest, and custom seat from Robbin's Upholstery in Victorville. Engine mods, only NGK Iridium plugs, Baja Ron's ignition wires, and K&N filter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Test ride

Forward controls, not for me.
    Saddle puts me on my tailbone, not for me.
    No windshield. Not for me.
    Power to weight, bigger sprocket, performance. Yay!
    Storage: poor. Small. Not for me.
    Ride and handling: crisp! Yay!
    Price point: insane!
    Accessories: Beyond insane!
    In regular motorcycle world, in comparison, meh.
    In three wheeled cruiser world, fantastic! Pricey, but great. No compare. Is the RT a better machine? Yes! For comfort, distance, storage, the RT is better. For folks who want a cruiser, pick the F3. Cool hot rod, just not a traveling machine. JMHO, Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Forward controls, not for me.
    Saddle puts me on my tailbone, not for me.
    No windshield. Not for me.
    Power to weight, bigger sprocket, performance. Yay!
    Storage: poor. Small. Not for me.
    Ride and handling: crisp! Yay!
    Price point: insane!
    Accessories: Beyond insane!
    In regular motorcycle world, in comparison, meh.
    In three wheeled cruiser world, fantastic! Pricey, but great. No compare. Is the RT a better machine? Yes! For comfort, distance, storage, the RT is better. For folks who want a cruiser, pick the F3. Cool hot rod, just not a traveling machine. JMHO, Joe
    Need to see and sit on an F3 in person. Overall though, just based on comments here, I would tend to agree with the above post I quoted.

I did notice in the just arrived issue of Motorcyclist, the write up was kind but they scored it as a 6 out of 10.

PK