Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Transporting in Pickup Truck

Hi,

Does anyone have experience transporting the Spyder in a pickup truck? If so, what type of truck? what size bed? how loaded (ramps, etc.)? tailgate down? With our 2 wheeled motorcycles we have used the Rampage Lifts and really liked them, but obviously the Spyder is much wider! A trailer will not work well since we want to load the Spyder and then pull the pickup truck behind an RV.

Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw a picture (can't find it now) where someone did fit the spyder on their pickup-gate down of course.

My brother has a full size bed chevy pickup and our measurements did not leave us with a comfort factor so we didn't try. The problem is with the width and we felt that we would at least have to remove front bumpers to protect them. We also guessed that we would have to back in with the front wheels on the gate-not a good situation.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

There are, indeed, more problems than just the width. The need to load the Spyder backwards does put the front wheels on the tailgate. That is a lot of weight. Between this, and the incredibly tight clearances, I couldn't recommend transporting it in a truck. Sooner or later, something bad is going to happen. Scratches if you are lucky, loss of the tailgate and/or Spyder, if you are not so lucky.
    -Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I hauled one from Florida to Tn in the back of a 2001 F350 long bed. I only had about an inch on each side and had to load it backwards againd a bank using a wide ramp. The tailgate had to be left down. I had to back up to a bank because the Spyder would drag the nose starting up the ramp and drag the bottom as it entered the truck bed. It might be better to get a trailer to haul a small truck and the spyder on it together. Just my 2 cents worth is it is a real pain and anything smaller than my F350 would not have enought room. I know one2doo has a new GMC 2500 and it is to narrow to fit in the bed of his truck.

Spyder Garage

There is a gentleman who works with (not for) Rampage and he made a Spyder loading / hauling adapter that works with the Rampage hoist. Here is a picture that I'm borrowing from bjeffrey that he took when we met for the Michigan owner's event. Sorry there's not more pics or closeups but you might be able to get the idea.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi,

This is very cool and we can relate to it since we currently use Rampage lifts. Do you have any further contact information?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TravelingSpyder View Post
    Hi,

This is very cool and we can relate to it since we currently use Rampage lifts. Do you have any further contact information?
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't but in talking with the gentleman who made the Spyder adapter, he said that he worked with Rampage on his adapter and they were referring any Spyder lift sales directly to him. Give Rampage a call and see what they say.

Spyder Garage

I USE MY CAR TRAILER AND LOAD WITH FULLSIZE ATV RAMPS

Spyder Garage

Here is the info about the Spyder truck lift.