Spyder Garage

Default Smokey Mountain Beauty

My wife and I have had the pleasure of spending the past 5 days in a cabin outside Pigeon Forge, TN. We had planned to rent a bike if the weather allowed, but we didn't want to pack a bunch of of cold weather gear so we didn't get to ride. I believe you TN folks must go thru some tires, because the sights and roads in this part of the world are fantastic! Riding the Hill Country of Texas is nothing compared to here. We went from Pigeon Forge to Cherokee, NC yesterday and talked more than once about wishing we were riding and saw several who were.

We saw an RT at the Old Mill restaurant with a great custom paint job. Whoever you are, beautiful bike!

You folks enjoy what you have, there are many of us who would kill for it!
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Yes, the North Carolina and Tennessee mountains are a sight to behold. Glad you were able to enjoy it.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default KILL....?????

YOU DON'T HAVE TO KILL FOR THIS.....
    JUST DO IT....
    LIKE A LOT OF US HAVE DONE... IT'S CALLED 'RELOCATING'.....

SAM_0185.jpg
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like to call that area, "A little piece of Heaven" I have been going to the area for the past 7-8 years. Each time, I see familiar places and new places, but I love it more each visit. As you can see, I have been there on many different bikes and cars, but I really look forward to taking the spyder this spring.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

That is why we have a summer home in Maggie Valley NC. Some of the best riding in the world in western NC. We winter in Florida and from a riding perspective it is a let down from the NC roads.

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

When the stars align and the time is right you will be there. There are those places that keep calling you back...
    Last edited by Chupaca; 11-11-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I live in the foot hills of the Smokies (Franklin, NC). I get to travel these rads whenever the weather is nice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post
    My wife and I have had the pleasure of spending the past 5 days in a cabin outside Pigeon Forge, TN. We had planned to rent a bike if the weather allowed, but we didn't want to pack a bunch of of cold weather gear so we didn't get to ride. I believe you TN folks must go thru some tires, because the sights and roads in this part of the world are fantastic! Riding the Hill Country of Texas is nothing compared to here. We went from Pigeon Forge to Cherokee, NC yesterday and talked more than once about wishing we were riding and saw several who were.

We saw an RT at the Old Mill restaurant with a great custom paint job. Whoever you are, beautiful bike!

You folks enjoy what you have, there are many of us who would kill for it!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. I live in Maryville, TN which is about 45 minutes from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and about 30 minutes from the Dragon. Sometimes we who live here take it for granted but all I have to do is travel somewhere else and come back and then I appreciate it all over again.