Spyder Garage

Default Made some new friends

today! I took the Spyder out for gas this evening since I plan on riding tomorrow. I pulled in behind a car and stopped to pump gas, when the driver of the car got out with this look on her face like she just saw a ghost. She came back and asked me what this thing was, since she had never seen a Spyder before. She said it looks like a space vehicle! I explained what it was and mentioned it was made in Canada. Well her face really lite up now. Seems she is from Ontario. Her and her husband were traveling to Richmond, Va. When her husband came out from paying for their gas, she excitedly calls him over to the Spyder and says, 'Look at this thing, and it's made in Canada'!! He says, 'I know, it's made by BRP, they're one of my clients'! Anyway she wanted a photo of the Spyder and her, so I offered for her to sit on the Spyder, and she was so happy to have a chance to do this. Her husband took a photo of her on the bike and me standing next to it. We then offered each other safe travel, and we both left on our separate ways. What a great way to meet nice people! Oh, yeah, she asked how fast would the Spyder go!!!!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Same thing happens to me here in Texas, just about every time I take the Spyder anywhere. Several people have asked to sit on it, and have their pics taken on it, or just took pics of it while I was in a store or restaurant.
    Unfortunately it's very rarely a cute single woman though...

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it..!!

The reason you become a rock star. Just have to run into folks and in most cases nice conversations insue...glad you met up with them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It's always great to meet up with nice people like you did. It makes our days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

We took a ride to Shady - Maple Smorgasbord today and had lots of people in the parking lot asking question and taking pictures. It so much fun seeing both young and old enjoying the same thing.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcpjan View Post
    We took a ride to Shady - Maple Smorgasbord today and had lots of people in the parking lot asking question and taking pictures. It so much fun seeing both young and old enjoying the same thing.
    JoAnn, how are you and Trung doing? I know you had a hand brake installed for him. Has he been driving the Spyder? If so, what does he think of it? Hope to see you guys when the weather gets warm again. I took a 100+ mile ride today and although it was 28 degrees when I left the house, the Spyder ran great and along with the heated grips I was nice and warm.

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Not every ride, but often, we get asked all sorts of questions. Seems most are from older guys that rode previously and the wife has no interest in falling over at a stop light. One of the frequent places we stop at is an ice cream place along A1A. Whether we are inside ordering or outside at a table, several times, people have taken photos of the Spyder and we overhear them mentioning they are posting the photo on Facebook.

Cool the OP got on Can Am Facebook page.

PK