Spyder Garage

Default Homemade floorboards

Hi all. I am looking for someone that has made their own floorboards or has ideas for a simple set. I have looked at all the sponsers on the forum. They are very nice sets out there but no way can i afford them. I am pretty good at metal working so I am thinking of trying to make something on my own. I saw Coz had a simple set. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention I have an 08GS manual shift so the shifter could be little tricky.

Thank You
    Marc
    Last edited by $08SpyderGS; 11-06-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default floorboards

Quote Originally Posted by $08SpyderGS View Post
    Hi all. I am looking for someone that has made their own floorboards or has ideas for a simple set. I have looked at all the sponsers on the forum. They are very nice sets out there but no way can i afford them. I am pretty good at metal working so I am thinking of trying to make something on my own. I saw Coz had a simple set. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Marc
    PM sent

Spyder Garage

Default SEARCH

you realy need to search this website... HOME MADE FLOOR BOARDS have been mentioned a dozen times or more....
    here are mind:
    SAM_0314.jpg SAM_0315.jpg
    there are a number of other gr8 designs that other SPYD3R riders have come up... do the search, you'll be surprised...... good luck....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    you realy need to search this website... HOME MADE FLOOR BOARDS have been mentioned a dozen times or more....
    here are mind:
    SAM_0314.jpg SAM_0315.jpg
    there are a number of other gr8 designs that other SPYD3R riders have come up... do the search, you'll be surprised...... good luck....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    Thank You SPYD3R. After I posted it I had been searching just floorboards. I then realized to try homemade floor boards but it only returned a few topics. I will continue to search. Would you share how and what yours are made from.

Spyder Garage

Default Passanger floorboards

Hi all. I am looking for someone that has made their own floorboards or has ideas for a simple set. I have looked at all the sponsers on the forum. They are very nice sets out there but no way can i afford them. I am pretty good at metal working so I am thinking of trying to make something on my own. I saw Coz had a simple set. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention I have an 08GS manual shift so the shifter could be little tricky.

Thank You
    Marc
    I have seen driver floor boards what about homemade or modified passanger ones. We went to the dealer and my girlfriend sat on an ST and really like the floorboards. I am not spending 20K for floorboards

Spyder Garage

Use the search function and check out Randy's 2 x Floors. Real cool, not to expensive, and very functional.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Use the search function and check out Randy's 2 x Floors. Real cool, not to expensive, and very functional.
    Nothing came up in the search. With the 2 x floor name not to sure if your messing with me. There was 2 posts with that name mine and another one that you reccomended.

Spyder Garage

Nothing came up in the search. With the 2 x floor name not to sure if your messing with me. There was 2 posts with that name mine and another one that you reccomended.
    Welcome to the mad house. I was messing with you. Our friend Randy made some floorboards out of 2 x 4's and mounted them on a RS. I don't believe that he sold any.

I put Seal Floorboards on both my 2010 and 2011 RT's. They work well on the SE5 versions. Around $500. They are a SL sponsor. SM5 is going to be an issue.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm going to fab up some homemade floorboard for my RS SM5 in a couple of weeks. I'll more than likely put another how-to together for the DIY section. I've got a couple of how-to's on there already for other projects. I like to create easy and less expensive to make mods for Spyders. I as with a lot of Spyder riders am not made of money so I can not and will not pay the prices some of these people want for their products. I know the Spyder market is not a big market, but most times a lesser price will return much higher quantity, but to each their own.

arntufun

Coz floorboards are nice, but even he isn't wise enough beat mine.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=2xfloor
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-06-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Spyder Garage

Those wood be hard to beat..... Lol

Spyder Garage

Default low boards

i set mine low, on the same plane with the oil tank and radiator supports. i ride with my heels on the pegs toes on the boards , in traffic. no traffic , feet are all on the boards. no problem with the shifter. i moved the shifter peg forward on the arm to make more room for my foot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default 4×4

randy, you should have used 4×4 's. you could have called them- four on the floor. ps, did someone here buy your spyder ?
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default MADE

Thank You SPYD3R. After I posted it I had been searching just floorboards. I then realized to try homemade floor boards but it only returned a few topics. I will continue to search. Would you share how and what yours are made from.

here's how i made mine....
    3/4" box tubing for the chassic...
    1" angle iron
    1/4" plywood, cabinet grade...
    fiberglass mat...
    Walmart spray paint, 1 can, $0.97...
    Hand full of Play Box Sand...
    Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts & Nuts (6 ea.)
    Stainless Steel 4 1/2" X 3/16" Bolts & Nuts (2 ea.)
    Miller Mig Welder...
    Chop Saw, and a bunch of had tools, some sweat and swearing, and lot'sa fun...

made a pattern to fit the configuration of my SPYD3R... cut 2 patterns out of the plywood... fiberglassed both sides, and once dry, coated the top with more resin, and sprinkled the sand on top... after curing, i brushed off all loose sand, and sprayed each board with paint... 3 coats...
    built a chassic (frame) with the 3/4" box, and 1" angle... assembled everything, and mounted it to my SPYD3R.... been riding with these for almost 5 years, and enjoy them each time....

go for it pal.... making things will give you a gr8 amount of satisfaction.....
    good luck....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Here is what I did for our RT, diamond plate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Did A thread om mine. dyi

Spyder Garage

Default I really like

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post

Did A thread om mine. dyi

Hi bmcaffrey
    I could not locate your diy? Do you have a link. I really like your. What about a few more pics
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R;899868[COLOR=#0000ff

here's how i made mine....
    3/4" box tubing for the chassic...
    1" angle iron
    1/4" plywood, cabinet grade...
    fiberglass mat...
    Walmart spray paint, 1 can, $0.97...
    Hand full of Play Box Sand...
    Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts & Nuts (6 ea.)
    Stainless Steel 4 1/2" X 3/16" Bolts & Nuts (2 ea.)
    Miller Mig Welder...
    Chop Saw, and a bunch of had tools, some sweat and swearing, and lot'sa fun...

made a pattern to fit the configuration of my SPYD3R... cut 2 patterns out of the plywood... fiberglassed both sides, and once dry, coated the top with more resin, and sprinkled the sand on top... after curing, i brushed off all loose sand, and sprayed each board with paint... 3 coats...
    built a chassic (frame) with the 3/4" box, and 1" angle... assembled everything, and mounted it to my SPYD3R.... been riding with these for almost 5 years, and enjoy them each time....

go for it pal.... making things will give you a gr8 amount of satisfaction.....
    good luck....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R
    [/COLOR]
    Very helpful. Would it be possible to get a few more pics. The bottoms and also mounting locations

Spyder Garage

Default YES

Very helpful. Would it be possible to get a few more pics. The bottoms and also mounting locations
    YES.... happy 2 do so....
    2moro is a slow day for me... so i'll jack-up the ole SPYD3R, take sum pix, write down my instructions, and send'm 2 u....
    just PM me with an email address, and i'll send the pix n info to u.... i can also send you info/pix of my version of my FOOT PEGS....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R