Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The more that this one gets put to the "sniff-test"; the worse it gets...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by BikeIowa View Post
    My apologies. Forget I posted anything!
    Obviously they are knowledgeable about what they have and just didn't proof read their description.
    Whats wrong with this description...

"We just bought it but we never used it and we are selling it now with very low reserve. We bought it brand new."

They just bought a brand new 5 year old Spyder but never used it. OK you're right it probably is fine.

Let's hold off putting on the tinfoil hats so fast.........

They bought it new (in 2009) and never used it.. Relax Bro...... even if it was a scam, eBay would reimburse you. Please don't get Bob D. all riled up.

Last edited by arntufun; 11-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Worried about Randy

Randy, I am worried about you.

First you change your picture at the bottom of your posts and now your avatar.

We seem to be loosing you to the darkside!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Randy, I am worried about you.

First you change your picture at the bottom of your posts and now your avatar.

We seem to be loosing you to the darkside!!!!!!!
    The force appears to be very strong.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Randy,
    Is this some sort of Mid-Life crisis event?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Why do you say this is a scam ???????? So what, a mistake was made in the description. It's a SE5 from the photos. Starting bid is 1k and the reserve was not met yet. I see no issue with that listing other than he/she should have marked it used.
    Seriously? I mean - really? You don't see the red flags?

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    Seriously? I mean - really? You don't see the red flags?

Considering there is already 16 bids over 8k and the reserve is not yet met..................... I don't !!!!!!

Besides...............

Overview of the Vehicle Purchase Protection program

The eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP) program provides protection of up to $50,000 against certain losses associated with some types of fraud. You are automatically enrolled in the program at no charge when you complete the purchase of an eligible vehicle on the eBay Motors site (motors.ebay.com).

Please understand that the VPP program is not an insurance policy, a solution for buyer's remorse, or a substitute for buyer diligence (i.e. pre-purchase research and inspection). Therefore, we encourage you to perform appropriate research and exercise proper care and judgment in the purchase of any vehicle.

VPP is administered and managed by an independent service provider (the "VPP Administrator") that is not affiliated with eBay Inc ("eBay"). All VPP requests will be administered and processed by eBay and the VPP Administrator. The maximum reimbursement amount per vehicle is $50,000.

These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") shall govern your participation in the VPP program.

Situations for Which Protection is Offered

VPP offers protection only for losses associated with eligible transactions for qualifying vehicles in the following situations:

1. You pay for a vehicle and never receive it.

2. You send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive it.

3. You pay for a vehicle and receive it but suffer losses because:
      1. The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen at the time of the end of the listing.
      2. The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
      3. The vehicle make, model or year is different than what was described in the seller's listing at the time you placed your bid or offer.
      4. A title is required for the vehicle by your state and the seller's state but you did not receive a title from the seller and it is not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
      5. The vehicle has a title with an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage brand at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggies, Race Cars or Trailers categories.)
      6. The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage as stated in the seller's listing. (This protection is only available for vehicles listed in the Cars & Trucks and RVs & Campers categories.)
      7. In addition, the VPP also provides protection against certain undisclosed damage for vehicles that are less than 10 years old (10 year threshold is based on model year): The vehicle had undisclosed engine, body, transmission, and/or frame damage at the time of purchase that will cost more than $1,000 to repair. The cost of repair to any one of those components must exceed $1,000. For vehicles in the Boats (engine and hull only), Buses, Commercial Trucks, and RVs & Campers categories, the cost of the undisclosed engine, body, transmission, or frame damage must exceed $1,500. Race Cars are not eligible for this protection. Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.
    Last edited by arntufun; 11-09-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

The bid price is now up to over $8,000--which is the going price for that machine.

My big concern would be that funny left front wheel. To me, it appears that it is not attached properly and they forget to line it up on the main photograph. It appears more lined up in the other photos.

Just comments, and not intending to purchase the item or bother the seller with questions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i think the wheel is just a camera angle distortion i looked closely at it
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

What is all over the rear fender?

Some accessory?

Why put an accessory on something you never rode?

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    What is all over the rear fender?

Some accessory?

Why put an accessory on something you never rode?

Cheap Flag holders.......... On the windshield is a sticker of soldiers raising the flag. He/she must have been some sort of USA lover.