Spyder Garage

Default Cree LED driving/fog lights for RS

Continuing search for additional driving/fog lights for my RS does anyone know if a set of cree lights like those advertised on Amazon (2x 4" 18W 6 CREE LED SUV Off-road Boat Headlight Spot Driving Fog Light) would work on our Spyders? Would they require a special wiring harness or installation or are they pretty straight forward to install? My dealership's recommendations as to adding anything electric to my Spyder concerns me but the installation of extra driving lights is doable and supported by vendors, seems like the choice of lights with some of the new technology such as cree LED seems would work better at a much lower price.

Thank you,
    Gunner 02
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 02 View Post
    Continuing search for additional driving/fog lights for my RS does anyone know if a set of cree lights like those advertised on Amazon (2x 4" 18W 6 CREE LED SUV Off-road Boat Headlight Spot Driving Fog Light) would work on our Spyders? Would they require a special wiring harness or installation or are they pretty straight forward to install? My dealership's recommendations as to adding anything electric to my Spyder concerns me but the installation of extra driving lights is doable and supported by vendors, seems like the choice of lights with some of the new technology such as cree LED seems would work better at a much lower price.

Thank you,
    Gunner 02
    I would be care full of how many extra watts you are using due to the magneto generator with out put of 500 watts @ 6,000 rpm.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I would be care full of how many extra watts you are using due to the magneto generator with out put of 500 watts @ 6,000 rpm.

Mike
    Good point Mike, did not know the output limits. I asked for full usage in power, how many to the OEM fog lights use, I'm thinking the amount of draw for the cree LED lights are going to be under the OEM fog lights. I was planning on installing the daylight running lights and LED tail lights from Reggie too to I'll have to keep in mind the over all usage with your comment on power draw.

Scott
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

as long as you run direct to the battery with inline fuse and seperate switch all works fine if you wire into the system led can cause you problems.20140509_095200.jpg fog and driving lights 20130108_113301.jpg on/off switches....they work well though not leds...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have these from Custom Dynamics.
    Easy plug & play, bright as heck and look OEM when installed... (Very easy install)

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...y_Runner_Pucks

Spyder Garage

Got these from ADVmonster. A very decent price. Plus a controller that allows lower light output when using low beams.

IMG_0008.jpg www.http://stores.advmonster.com/
    Last edited by jmbiii; 11-03-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I picked up a set of cree 10 watt driving lights on ebay for about thirty bucks ...no harness though but I can make my own .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    I picked up a set of cree 10 watt driving lights on ebay for about thirty bucks ...no harness though but I can make my own .
    Is there and mounts for the upper y frame for an RS and RT?