Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arm Rests

Spyder Garage

i have the show chrome ( big bike parts) armrests installed, good price , easy install, easily to adjust the tension on the arms

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Diamond R Armrest are very easy to install and it only takes about 2 minutes to remove the armrest when not needed. But they also fold into the middle very nicely when not in use.

We now have two designs. Check out our newest design of armrest and mug holder. You can see these on our front page of our web site.

Enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Spyder Garage

I have the Diamond R armrests and like them. More importantly, Linda likes them. The only problem has been the location of the cup holder. With the arms folded in, my foot hits the cup holder when I get on the Spyder. So I had to switch the arms, which put the cup holder (which is fixed to the armrest) on the left and almost against the passenger. It is therefore a little tight for the passenger, but not too bad.

I had to make the change after catching my boot laces on the cupholder when swinging my leg over the seat when mounting the Spyder. It was an awkward position, and fortunately someone was nearby to untangle me -- I couldn't reach behind me to get undone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CARA @ RIVCO View Post
    Full Circle: Thanks for the positive points. We can't speak for the support characteristics of other armrests, but ours are CNC-machined from solid billet aluminum, and easily handle up to 25 lbs weight/pressure each. CARA from RIVCO
    I don't mean to be argumentative but I am looking for armrests like other guys here and I would like to ask a few questions for the benefit of everyone. The Spyder is a 3 wheeler, which means there are strong lateral forces in sharp flat turns. Passenger and rider must have something quite sturdy to lean on and support them. If you are using armrests for that purpose instead of the passenger grips, then 25 pounds of support doesn't sound like all that much to me. It doesn't matter how strong the armrests themselves are if heavy pressure will tear them out of the material to which they are attached. Have you done any destuctive testing to see what the real upper limit for pressure is? Is there a safety issue here?

Please don't think I am picking on Rivco. Your's was just the post that got me thinking. I would like to pose the very same questions to the Diamond R guys, Showchrome and whoever else makes armrests. I want to install the strongest armrests I can find that are also comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Armrest

Corbin also makes some nice looking armrest. Corbin.com search can am

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    Anyone have or try both the Diamond R Armrests, (http://www.diamondraccessories.com/c...nger%20Armrest) and the RIVCO Arm Rests, (http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1). Which one do you and or better half like better? Thanks Kent.

Ride safe!

Spyder Garage

Default Link to Corbin armrest

http://corbin.com/can-am/cart10cup.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by James & Julie View Post
    Corbin also makes some nice looking armrest. Corbin.com search can am

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I don't mean to be argumentative but I am looking for armrests like other guys here and I would like to ask a few questions for the benefit of everyone. The Spyder is a 3 wheeler, which means there are strong lateral forces in sharp flat turns. Passenger and rider must have something quite sturdy to lean on and support them. If you are using armrests for that purpose instead of the passenger grips, then 25 pounds of support doesn't sound like all that much to me. It doesn't matter how strong the armrests themselves are if heavy pressure will tear them out of the material to which they are attached. Have you done any destuctive testing to see what the real upper limit for pressure is? Is there a safety issue here?

Please don't think I am picking on Rivco. Your's was just the post that got me thinking. I would like to pose the very same questions to the Diamond R guys, Showchrome and whoever else makes armrests. I want to install the strongest armrests I can find that are also comfortable.
    We tell all our customers that our armrest are meant to be seat belts, they do not lock into place and that is by design, if you are in a emergency situation you may panic and cant open them.
    Our armrest are designed just for that reason, armrest. This allows the passenger to be able to relax their arms providing relief to the shoulders and neck. Our pad is designed longer than any others so the the forearm is totally supported. This allows the passenger to be more comfortable and able to ride longer.
    With our armrest the passenger can still reach the hand holds and should when needed.

Just another note; there is NO DRILLING required to mount our armrest.

Enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Forgot to mention in the above post. Our Spyder Tubular Armrest are currently on sale at 20% off.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Spyder Garage

I have the Corbin Armrests on my RT. They are sturdy and offer the lateral support that mt girlfriend wanted. They look awesome also
    Jonny
    2013 Spyder RT Limited
    • TricLED 3rd and 4th Brake Light
    • Spyderpops Bumpskid with TricLED LED kit
    • GloRyder Wheel Lights
    • Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    • Corbin Arm Rests
    • TricLED Turn Signals

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Armrests

I have had Diamond R arms rests for several years and currently have their newest ones. They are very sturdy and the new ones look really sharpe. No drilling was needed. And i like the drivers cupholder on the right instead of the left like their old ones were. Im very satisfied with Diamond R's products.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond R View Post
    We tell all our customers that our armrest are meant to be seat belts, they do not lock into place and that is by design, if you are in a emergency situation you may panic and cant open them.
    Our armrest are designed just for that reason, armrest. This allows the passenger to be able to relax their arms providing relief to the shoulders and neck. Our pad is designed longer than any others so the the forearm is totally supported. This allows the passenger to be more comfortable and able to ride longer.
    With our armrest the passenger can still reach the hand holds and should when needed.

Just another note; there is NO DRILLING required to mount our armrest.

Enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti
    Thank you for the reply. I would like to see some pictures or maybe the installation instructions to get a better idea of what they are attached to and how hard they are to mount. Maybe one of the owners has some pictures?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here are two photos, one of the mounting bracket and one of how they look when folded inward.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

If I am seeing this correctly, the second photo shows a plate highlighted in yellow that is attached under the seat using existing holes and possibly fasteners and the arm rests are attached to the plate in some way. Yes?

That seems like a pretty sturdy way to mount the arm rests.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You are correct, the mounting bracket goes under the seat, using existing holes and our longer screws provided. The armrest mounts to the bracket.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any more pics of your new armrests; perhaps folded out for use?

Spyder Garage

Default Pictures

Hey Bob,

I found this web page on their website which has some pretty good pictures.

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/c...ular%20Armrest

I think the armrests that fold all the way into the rear seat is a nice feature.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond R View Post
    Forgot to mention in the above post. Our Spyder Tubular Armrest are currently on sale at 20% off.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti
    How long is the 20% discount good for?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Hey Bob,

I found this web page on their website which has some pretty good pictures.

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/c...ular%20Armrest

I think the armrests that fold all the way into the rear seat is a nice feature.
    Thanks, Art!
    I've seen those before; I'd like to see some pictures of those new-style arms...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Two questions: 1. My wife is 5'. Are the armrests adjustable for height? 2. I just ordered armrests from the dealer without thinking about after-market rests. Anyone have information about what BRP provides?

Thanks.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R

Bob D, I do have the newest passenger armrests & cupholder plus drivers cup holder. Do you need to see more pictures?
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Two questions: 1. My wife is 5'. Are the armrests adjustable for height? 2. I just ordered armrests from the dealer without thinking about after-market rests. Anyone have information about what BRP provides?

Thanks.
    There are BRP factory armrests now?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    Bob D, I do have the newest passenger armrests & cupholder plus drivers cup holder. Do you need to see more pictures?

I do.... I see the new design on the opening page but would LOVE to see some up close and personal pics of the new design. Thanks.
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    There are BRP factory armrests now?

Bob
    Actually, I'm not sure. When I bought the Spyder, I asked if "they" made armrests for it. The dealer said yes and they had some in stock. Then he said that the set they had didn't fit the RT, so he ordered the right ones. I made the (always dangerous) assumption that they were from Can Am, but it's very possible that they ordered after-market. They should be in by now, so I'll go tomorrow and find out more. I'll let you know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyFun1 View Post
    Have Diamond R now for abt 3 yrs. Wife loves them! The fasten under the seat and are very sturdy. The swivel aspect of them is great. They have a little longer "pillow" on them than some I've seen.
    Some people like the swivel aspect. But I hated it. So I took out the nylon washers, replaced them with tension (spring) lock washers, and used weld-it in the tubes. No more swivel. I am happy now.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe