Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arm Rests

Spyder Garage

Default Arm Rests

Anyone have or try both the Diamond R Armrests, (http://www.diamondraccessories.com/c...nger%20Armrest) and the RIVCO Arm Rests, (http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1). Which one do you and or better half like better? Thanks Kent.

Ride safe!
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Missus preferred the Diamond-R's!
    I like the looks of the Rivco design; I'm just concerned about the fact that they mount to the speaker boxes...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My Missus preferred the Diamond-R's!
    I like the looks of the Rivco design; I'm just concerned about the fact that they mount to the speaker boxes...
    I hear what your saying about the speaker boxes, but truthfully how much sturdier are the Diamond R ones with the long tube? I'm not sure one would be any sturdier then the other, strictly from viewing the pictures. Kent

Ride safe!
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

My wife like's the Rivco and I think they look better. I will have to agree with Bob the only thing I was concerned about was where they are mounted. With normal use I think they will be OK but I don't know how much rough treatment or pressure that would withstand. But then again I'm not familiar with how the Diamond R mounts.

Spyder Garage

FYI the arm rests that attach to the top of the speaker boxes were too high for my Wife to be comfortable.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

CARA @ RIVCO

Default RIVCO RT Armrest Support

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    My wife like's the Rivco and I think they look better. I will have to agree with Bob the only thing I was concerned about was where they are mounted. With normal use I think they will be OK but I don't know how much rough treatment or pressure that would withstand. But then again I'm not familiar with how the Diamond R mounts.
    Full Circle: Thanks for the positive points. We can't speak for the support characteristics of other armrests, but ours are CNC-machined from solid billet aluminum, and easily handle up to 25 lbs weight/pressure each. CARA from RIVCO

Spyder Garage

DSCN0854.jpg I've had the Diamond R armrests for a couple years and all my passengers love them! And it's nice they fold in when I don't have a passenger. Alan and Patti of Diamond R have top quality products and they're great to deal with!

Spyder Garage

I am leaning towards the RIVCO ones but I cannot seem to find any pictures of them installed other than on the RIVCO web-sight. Anyone have pictures???? Kent.

Ride safe all.
    Ride Safe All

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might find a shot of them on Ultimate's website...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I had my grand-daughter take a couple pics not the best but maybe you can tell a little about the height of the armrest and how they attach.IMG_7962.jpgIMG_7961.jpgIMG_7960.jpg
    I don't know how the pic of the wheel got in this post and I can't get it off so just ignore it. My wife ignores a lot of things I do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FullCircle; 10-28-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R

Have Diamond R now for abt 3 yrs. Wife loves them! The fasten under the seat and are very sturdy. The swivel aspect of them is great. They have a little longer "pillow" on them than some I've seen.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R- the best

I purchased the Diamond R for the Mrs on our 2014 RTS SE6 with drink cup holder and she loves them and the drink holder. They were easy to mount and I also didn't like how the Rivco arm mounted.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Arm Rests

I had the Diamond R"s installed, but they proved to be to weak to support anything more than just resting your arm on it. You needed to tell everyone not to put any weight on it at all. Well someone is going to use it to climb on board and they will bend. spyderpops replaced them with Show chromes, much better.

Spyder Garage

Default We put

Corbin arm rests on our RT and the wife loves them. Look nice also.

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    ?
    How do you and your significant other like them? They comfortable for the passenger? They look amazing on your bike!
    Ride Safe All

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    I had my grand-daughter take a couple pics not the best but maybe you can tell a little about the height of the armrest and how they attach.IMG_7962.jpgIMG_7961.jpgIMG_7960.jpg
    I don't know how the pic of the wheel got in this post and I can't get it off so just ignore it. My wife ignores a lot of things I do.
    How do you and your significant other like them? They comfortable for the passenger? They look awesome on your bike!
    Ride Safe All

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remark2013 View Post
    ?
    How do you and your significant other like them? They comfortable for the passenger? They look amazing on your bike!

well since the wife rides back there she loves em. very stable and move fairly easy if needed. i like them because they match the seat.

btw ...... skip their cup holder. not worth the money IMHO

Spyder Garage

well since the wife rides back there she loves em. very stable and move fairly easy if needed. i like them because they match the seat.

Good to know about the cup holder, I do like the way they look on the handlebars and arm rests though. Any particular reason? PM me if you prefer, Kent.

Ride Safe All!
    Ride Safe All

Spyder Garage

Good to know about the cup holder, I do like the way they look on the handlebars and arm rests though. Any particular reason? PM me if you prefer, Kent.

Ride Safe All!

it just flops all around and spins should you have a bottle drink in it. I understand that it is supposed to move but not so easy that it will dump your drink before you know it.

Spyder Garage

PM Sent
    Ride Safe All

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default arm rest

Anyone have or try both the Diamond R Armrests, (http://www.diamondraccessories.com/c...nger%20Armrest) and the RIVCO Arm Rests, (http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1). Which one do you and or better half like better? Thanks Kent.

Ride safe!
    We have the Diamond R and are very pleased easy install and sturdy they are a little pricey

Spyder Garage

Default ARM RESTS

I have the Diamond R's and like them. Only problem that my wife has found is that since I put an Ultimate seat on my spyder she sits a little higher and the rests need to be raised up for better comfort. If any one knows a solution for this please let me know thanks.

Spyder Garage

My wife likes the Rivco armrest they're very comfortable and just the right height for her. They rotate for easy entry to the seat but not so east that the wind causes them to rotate out going down the road. The problem of the cup holder spinning isn't an issue on our bike. I think if the support bolt that holds the cup was tightened that might cure that problem. They are also an easy install and if you decide to get an Ultimate seat you can get the armrest pads to match your seat. I wanted to get the croc inlays to match our seat but Diane wanted to leave them black, well you see what color they are.

Spyder Garage

Ride safe!
    Question Is the Diamond easy to remove when you don't have a passenger. I know they fold back but I'd rather remove them when not needed