Spyder Garage

Default Added a Motorcycle to Compliment the RT

I've ridden motorcycles for the last 26 years before purchasing a 2013 RT-S last year. My wife starting doing a lot more touring with me and we had a Honda VFR800 which was a sport touring motorcycle. After a friend of ours bought an RT a few years ago, my wife was hooked and wanted to make the change. I sold the VFR to buy the Spyder even though my wife told me not to ..... so you already know where this is going. Anyhow, I truly miss having 2 wheels and more specifically, the VFR.

I recently found a lower mileage version of the same bike that I had and my wife urged me to buy it. It only has 3K miles on it and came with the hard cases. My plan is to use the VFR for solo riding and to keep the RT for 2-up with the wife and the kids. The kids have and still do hate the motorcycle, but absolutely love the Spyder. They each made me take them out yesterday for what is probably the last ride before winter and I just love how much fun they have riding on it. For me though, my heart is on 2 wheels, even though I do think the Spyder is king for touring. I now feel that I have the best of both worlds.

VFR&Spyder-1.jpg VFR&Spyder-2.jpg

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very nice! I sold my 2 bikes and bought a spyder. Although I like the spyder more each time I ride it, I still see getting another 2 wheeled machine in the future.
    Congrats.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

on your new ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

...I recently bought our '10 RS because Judy wasn't feeling as secure on the back of a cycle anymore. At the time, I had a Warrior and a '99 Ducati ST2. A few years ago, I had an '06 (Pearl White) VFR800. It had the Leo Vince exhaust (which was awesome). I was a great bike. I have a 15 mile commute (six miles of it are up Ute Pass) and I try to ride each one once a week. Judy loves the Spyder and does feel more secure. I've had to mask my "learning curve" cornering concerns, and after about 750 miles, I now feel confident in the turns. Much of that advancement came from reading multiple posts on the subject here. I'll be retiring in the next couple of years and had been obsessing about what to buy for touring. Now I know I've found it...Bob..

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Very nice! I sold my 2 bikes and bought a spyder. Although I like the spyder more each time I ride it, I still see getting another 2 wheeled machine in the future.
    Congrats.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That's a sweet looking Honda.Man it looks fast just parked.Enjoy your new toy

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also have a 2 wheeler on the side..... My trusty 1990 Honda Pacific Coast.... PC800 "Crimson Tide" These are now cult bikes and growing in value each year. I have 33K miles on this one..... many are known to exceed 200K.

But there will come a day when I can't hold it up any longer and I'll pass it on to the next generation for enjoyment.

Spyder Garage

on the new wheels!! Enjoy
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

That looks like Little River Canyon. I was just there a few weeks ago. I hope to go there on the RT-S soon. I tried a PC800 once and was mostly impressed. I think the bike was ahead of its time. I wish I had never sold my Concours.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

good looking new ryde. Congrats..!! Enjoy and be safe..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

grate looking bike ,i also have some 2 wheelers also the rt is my 2ed spyder and use that for riding my wife ,ii also have trouble holding my bikes up with my wife on too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Cool. I am glad to see that I am not alone having both a Spyder and a bike. I love them both, but I am a "young" 46 and I want to run on 2 wheels as long as I can. The Spyder is going nowhere, so it is nice having that for the wife and kids. Down the road when it becomes too hard to keep my balance, I'll be permanently switching to the Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; that Honda looks pretty SWEET!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black