Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Years on Two

I got my motorcycle endorsement back in 1970 so that's over 44 years on two wheels for me. I was just 17 years old then.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    I went to my credit union this morning and got my Victory motorcycle paid-off. Now no matter what I do it's mine now. Will see this afternoon if I can get it off the kickstand or not.
    You can always use a milk crate and a second set of hands to accomplish this...
    But it wouldn't hurt to call the dealer, and let them know that you could use a hand upon your arrival there...
    Good Luck!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Den1953, you are one year older than me and I also got my motorcycle endorsement when I was 16 or 17. Lower back problems, sciatic nerve pain, aching knees all told me this was the year to make the switch from many years of GoldWings to the RT-S. While it was difficult to give up 2 wheels (kind of like saying goodbye to your younger days and younger self), it was the smart decision to make and I enjoy it more each time I ride. Sorry your knee may have made the decision for you, but I don't think you will regret it.

John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    I don't think I can trust my knees anymore, especially with an 850 pound motorcycle to hold up and back up. I wasn't thinking something like this was going to happen right away but now I am faced with it. Looks like the prime time to get a good deal on a Cognac 2014 RT-S at my dealer while he still has it.
    We never know just what the thing will be that forces us off of 2 wheels, but the good news is that the Spyder is such a blast to ride. Sooo much better than a conventional trike. I made it to 68 on two wheels. My last bike was an 850 lb. Yamaha Royal Star Venture that I bought new in 2001 and I loved it. But 18 months ago, I was doing a slow U turn at an intersection and didn't realize how much the edge of the road dipped. It started to go over and I couldn't get may foot off the floor board quick enough to catch it, due to my arthritic knees. First time EVER, that I had put a bike down. The dang thing fell on top of me and the exhaust put a burn mark on my left calf that is till there today. Some kid on a skateboard came along and helped me get the heavy bike back up and I rode it home feeling like a fool.

Fortunately, there was very little damage to the bike since I cushioned it on the way down. I gave the Venture to my 40 year old son who loves it. I was missing the bike, but I loved the feel of a large fully dressed touring cruiser and didn't want to buy anything smaller than what I had been riding. So at the end of last year's riding season I bought my RT from the local Can Am dealer. It had been the dealers personal demo all season. I fell in love with it immediately. Now I actually enjoy it much more than I enjoyed the Yamaha, though I would not have thought that possible. With the Spyder I don't miss two wheels at all. Like John just said in the message above, you won't regret it either.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I went thru the exact same thing with my knees. (I wore out four Harleys.) Compared all the trikes and liked the Spyder the best.