Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    May I assume that you're not impressed, Jack? Is it because it's not made in the US?
    If I wanted a trailer like this it would be easier for me to get it from Australia than from the US.
    I am impressed. I almost bought one for my R1200RT BMW. Great little trailer. Now if they could only get it to snuggle with you after they brought it through the door--who knows??

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

The price on the Uni-Go is around $2600 too ,, but keep in mind the hitches are sold in addition to @ approximately $450 each... Uni-Go trailers were first manufacturered in NZ and if I recall correctly,,, mine cost abt $4000 give or take to get it to my door in Michigan and I bought mine in primer... The Mad Max trailer looks like a copy of Uni-Go but seems to be better quality.. Look at the trailer pics on both websites and check out the gap around where the lid closes.. On the Unigo the lid gap is inconsistent and on the mad max pics this gap looks automotive grade... I liked my Unigo and pulled it behind my FJR 1300 and my 1150 GS.. I haven't seen a current Unigo since the company was bought and moved to the U.S. I remember talking to the new owner and he stated they were working on the quality issues... The pics on the website don't reflect that but in their defense they may be old pics..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Personally, I strongly-favour the development and use of a Swingarm-axle area mounted towbar, which pivots vertically there, on bushes on a Rod that passes through the Spyder's hollow axle. A twin spar towbar will pass around the Spyder's rear wheel, and will feature a horizontal pivot at its rear centre area. This system is currently already being successfully used by two other single wheeled trailer manufacturers.

Interesting, (first post BTW) if the Spyder does indeed have a hollow axle then this Canadian trailer has potential:

http://www.thirdwheeltrailers.com

It will work with a standard hitch as well... lots of pics on the web site. And no, I'm not affiliated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After seeing the construction of the hitches for the RT's (thin wall metal and installed with plastic shims, no cantilevered support in relationship to the swing arm), I do believe that I can build a better one than that for the F3. Anybody in Indiana interested in entering into a partnership? You provide your F3 for measurements and in exchange you get to test and keep the first one made.
    NOTE: Like it has been stated above, BRP will have exactly the same stance with this as with the RT aftermarket hitches. They will not warranty the bike because of that. Anyone interested in doing this, PM me or email me at: roadsterrenovations@gmail.com

(And of course if Lamont is planning on making and selling these, I will cease development out of respect for him and his abilities)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    After seeing the construction of the hitches for the RT's (thin wall metal and installed with plastic shims, no cantilevered support in relationship to the swing arm), I do believe that I can build a better one than that for the F3. Anybody in Indiana interested in entering into a partnership? You provide your F3 for measurements and in exchange you get to test and keep the first one made.
    NOTE: Like it has been stated above, BRP will have exactly the same stance with this as with the RT aftermarket hitches. They will not warranty the bike because of that. Anyone interested in doing this, PM me or email me at: roadsterrenovations@gmail.com

(And of course if Lamont is planning on making and selling these, I will cease development out of respect for him and his abilities)

Lamont has apparently designed one but felt it was too risky to sell.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...366#post981366
    Ride: 2015 Spyder F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Lamont posted that he has ceased development on his hitch, due to liability issues etc.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info about Lamont. I am still game to design one if anyone is interested.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info about Lamont. I am still game to design one if anyone is interested.
    I am interested!
    Ride: 2015 Spyder F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I am interested!
    Washington State is a far piece from me! I really need to have someone local (Indiana) that can pop down a couple of times. I am also going to talk to my insurance guy and see about the cost of liability insurance before I go any farther.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am also going to talk to my insurance guy and see about the cost of liability insurance before I go any farther.

I'm not sure if the laws in your State are any different from my own...
    But "Products and Completed Operations" coverage might just be what you should be looking for.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

I'm not sure if the laws in your State are any different from my own...
    But "Products and Completed Operations" coverage might just be what you should be looking for.
    Thanks, Bob!