Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default It is certainly not

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The other post got closed by Lamont due to the posts about organizing a lawsuit. Stay off that subject and this should stay open!

Bob
    in Super Contributor's best interest for a class action to be formed here. And FWIW, I don't think it is in Spyder Owner's best interest either.
    Last edited by MidTNDawg; 10-29-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Red face

The other post got closed by Lamont due to the posts about organizing a lawsuit. Stay off that subject and this should stay open!

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    in Super Consultant's best interest for a class action to be formed here. And FWIW, I don't think it is in Spyder Owner's best interest either.

Most who talk about such things have an itchy triger finger and NO bullets in their gun. Ya know what I mean!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

NO LAWSUIT talk this needs to stay open it is way too important to the affected owners. Thank You
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Most who talk about such things have an itchy triger finger and NO bullets in their gun. Ya know what I mean!
    and you are correct.
    Doug Barnes

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Keep on topic guys do not even discuss the discussion of it.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Dave, doesn't that make.....your head hurt?

Reality is. If Lamont wants a reason to close a post. He'll find one. Actually, he can do so without reason. After all. He owns the ball field.

Spyder Garage

That subject is NOT something that should be on this thread, so knock it off if you want this thread to stay open so that folks can exchange information.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I know Bear just give it a rest OK

Spyder Garage

Question

I know Bear just give it a rest OK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Bad bear, bad bear!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Why would conversations be limited to selected topics? Isn't this a F

Bob
    So we are unable to express our true feelings or suggestions on this forum because Lamont is cozy with BRP?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptouch12 View Post
    So we are unable to express our true feelings or suggestions on this forum because Lamont is cozy with BRP?
    Are you actively trying to get this thread closed? Lamont's relationship/or not relationship with BRP is irrelevant to this thread. Folks need to stay focused on what is being discussed for the greater good. If you want to talk about relationships, lawsuits, feelings, etc., take it to another forum. Spyderlovers is not the only one out there. If we want to be on this forum, we have to abide by the Administrator's rules.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IBTL!

Spyder Garage

Default Well, staying on topic

I have only had 2 Spyders. But I have never had any problem with either of them. No heat, no fumes, not steering problems, nor anything else.
    Doug Barnes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ptouch12 View Post
    Since you decided to post your first post on the forum on this thread just keep it on topic and do not try and highjack an important thread. If you want to talk about something other than the NHTSA investigation take to off topic please.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    I have only had 2 Spyders. But I have never had any problem with either of them. No heat, no fumes, not steering problems, nor anything else.
    You are one of the lucky ones and I assume you do not have a 2013 RT? There are many satisfied Spyder owners no doubt not all of them have issues.

reggystan

Default Fuel smell while riding

I had forgotten about this issue for a while now and thought it was taken care of. But every model Spyder I've ever owned always had this bad gas fume smell, on my 08 I couldn't ride with my helmet visor open for long periods of time because the gas or fumes from the motor would make my eyes watery and irritated so I quit using the tall windscreen to get more fresh air, Then I got an 09' and it did the same, My 12' and 13' RT also did the same and finally I resorted and put the Vertika air scoops which forces air into the side vents down instead of the vacuuming effect it has. This took care most of the gas smell and it was actually ok until you parked the vehicle in the garage. I was always scared to let it cool in the garage so I would always run the fan on high to circulate the air in there and the whole garage would smell like gasoline. Now fast forward to 2014. Rode my 14' RT down from Canada and my first official ride on the RT and the smell is back. I had such a bad headache from the gas smell it's just unbearable. I thought I was the only one. I also have this humming sound when you first turn the key and everyone tells me its perhaps the fuel pump and it's normal. When your riding it always sounds like a hummingbird with a faint humm sound, worse when you wear a helmet then you really can hear it. I spoke with BRP rep at Spyderfest and they said it is within the normal operating procedure, What???? So now I've had to resort to buying and putting the air scoops back on, but first it needs to get painted to match the bike and hopefully no more gas fumes. I'm glad not all is experiencing this and hope there is a solution coming soon. Anyway I'm usually not very vocal about issues but I think this is pretty important. Hard to enjoy riding when you've got a headache from fuel smells plus all your clothes smells horrible at the end of the day. You literally smell like you've been wrenching all day and not riding! LOL

Spyder Garage

Default yeah same here

my dealer to this day tells me that it is NORMAL (stenching-fouled - gas fumed smell). that goes for the squealing brakes and HEAT.
    oooh and the fact that my spyder has been in their service shop a dozen times at 2-3 week at a time, so guess what ? I got very
    minimum riding time this summer. I am being patient though......and let the warranty do its job!
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reggystan View Post
    I had forgotten about this issue for a while now and thought it was taken care of. But every model Spyder I've ever owned always had this bad gas fume smell, on my 08 I couldn't ride with my helmet visor open for long periods of time because the gas or fumes from the motor would make my eyes watery and irritated so I quit using the tall windscreen to get more fresh air, Then I got an 09' and it did the same, My 12' and 13' RT also did the same and finally I resorted and put the Vertika air scoops which forces air into the side vents down instead of the vacuuming effect it has. This took care most of the gas smell and it was actually ok until you parked the vehicle in the garage. I was always scared to let it cool in the garage so I would always run the fan on high to circulate the air in there and the whole garage would smell like gasoline. Now fast forward to 2014. Rode my 14' RT down from Canada and my first official ride on the RT and the smell is back. I had such a bad headache from the gas smell it's just unbearable. I thought I was the only one. I also have this humming sound when you first turn the key and everyone tells me its perhaps the fuel pump and it's normal. When your riding it always sounds like a hummingbird with a faint humm sound, worse when you wear a helmet then you really can hear it. I spoke with BRP rep at Spyderfest and they said it is within the normal operating procedure, What???? So now I've had to resort to buying and putting the air scoops back on, but first it needs to get painted to match the bike and hopefully no more gas fumes. I'm glad not all is experiencing this and hope there is a solution coming soon. Anyway I'm usually not very vocal about issues but I think this is pretty important. Hard to enjoy riding when you've got a headache from fuel smells plus all your clothes smells horrible at the end of the day. You literally smell like you've been wrenching all day and not riding! LOL
    That's disappointing news.
    As a counterpoint, my 2010 would occasionally stink up my garage, but not so bad that I was worried. More of an inconvenience. I was never able to determine the specific conditions that caused it, but I suspect it was when the gas tank was low.
    My 2014 seems to fine. No smells at all. Although I do have the whining fuel pump. Complain to your dealer and they should replace it for you.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So much for the F3 being the hot topic around here....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    So much for the F3 being the hot topic around here....
    This thread has nothing to do with the F3. There is a separate forum for that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's an F3?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

An F3 is a middle grade tornado, not as bad as the F5, but worse than the F1.