Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

just to throw this in the pile.....my 2013 ST with 24k and some change has been running great since the flash and new side panels....and multiple other things BRP has done along with what Mark has done......but I put 12k on a very hot Spyder...how much damage was done that will show it's ugly face down the road.....all rubber parts are compromised ....plug wires already replaced....they were crumbling.....so who will be responsible......after a full days ride, 400 miles, I still have some gas boiling...but not as bad....I still get great mpg.....33 to 37....I'm I still running too lean.....time will tell....just afraid that BRP and NHTSA will just over look me....5 complaints and have never been contacted

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    just to throw this in the pile.....my 2013 ST with 24k and some change has been running great since the flash and new side panels....and multiple other things BRP has done along with what Mark has done......but I put 12k on a very hot Spyder...how much damage was done that will show it's ugly face down the road.....all rubber parts are compromised ....plug wires already replaced....they were crumbling.....so who will be responsible......after a full days ride, 400 miles, I still have some gas boiling...but not as bad....I still get great mpg.....33 to 37....I'm I still running too lean.....time will tell....just afraid that BRP and NHTSA will just over look me....5 complaints and have never been contacted
    Don't feel bad. I called BRP to check my case numbers and the one about the gas dripping is still open. I asked why no contact has ever happened and....crickets. There is plenty of mention of the "sport" models in the request which includes the ST and there is mention of the panels that were sent on a case by case request instead of a total recall. NTHSA has a good grip on what is going on I have exchanged several emails with the investigator who's email was mentioned earlier in this thread. He is more than interested to receive documented verifiable data from any owner including those who have made ,ESPECIALLY made confidential, deals with BRP to get off any of the 2013's. They will be treated confidentially by NHTSA. So if you have measurements of heat temp pictures, pictures of gas dripping etc they want to hear from you including any fixes you may have tried that made a difference and some after fix measurements showing improvements.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Know of two. One in Ca. & one in Texas.

"ESPECIALLY made confidential, deals with BRP to get off any of the 2013's."

BRP wouldn't do that. Would they?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    "ESPECIALLY made confidential, deals with BRP to get off any of the 2013's."

BRP wouldn't do that. Would they?
    I know of a couple myself. Just not the way to do business and treat the rest of us. It shows they know they have a problem. Not recalling the ST's and only giving panels to those that ask is another poor deal. What about all the people who do not know about it?
    Last edited by Magdave; 10-26-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Red face All the people (spyder owners)

If one thinks back. NHTSA has not been in a very acommodating mood as far as manufacturers and their willingness to lend a blind eye to known problems goes. I wouldn't want to be one of the ones they are focusing on at this time.

Spyder Garage

From another forum and this applies to Toyota Tacoma trucks. They are having a recall based on the rear spring failing and puncturing the fuel tank with possible fires.

There is a new recall for the rear springs: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues

Report Receipt Date: SEP 29, 2014
    NHTSA Campaign Number: 14V604000
    Component(s):
    All Products Associated with this Recall expand
    Details close
    4 Associated Documents expand
    Manufacturer: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
    SUMMARY:
    Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner and 4x4 vehicles manufactured September 14, 2009, to October 11, 2010. In the affected vehicles, one of the leaf springs may fracture due to stress or corrosion. While being driven, the broken leaf could move out of position and contact surrounding components including the fuel tank, possibly puncturing the tank and causing a fuel leak.
    CONSEQUENCE:
    If the fuel tank leaks fuel from being punctured, there is an increased risk of a fire.

REMEDY:
    The remedy for this recall is still under development. The recall is expected to begin November 28, 2014. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
    NOTES:
    Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

PK

Spyder Garage

Just an idea on maybe letting those effected vehicles, and those posting about the heat concerns document in a common place. The attached file has a header and proper cell formats, but you get the idea.

PK

MODEL YEAR
    MODEL
    HEAT ISSUES
    Y or N
    FUEL ODOR
    Y or N
    FUEL DRIPPING
    Y or N
    WRAPPED EXHAUST
    Y or N
    INSULATED FUEL TANK
    Y or N
    ADDITIONAL VENTING OF LOWER UNDERBODY
    Y or N
    VEHICLE BURNED
    Y or N
    EMAIL
    ADDRESS
    COMMENTS
    (PROBLEM CONTINUES OR DOES NOT CONTINUE)
    Last edited by PMK; 10-27-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Not many as most people are like you and don't do research before they buy.

So what happened with the Lemon Law Suit? You say they have done nothing to repair your Spyder, were they ordered to repair it or did you lose the lawsuit?
    I can't tell you over this forum but it is still on going and I think I will end up with a 14 with free warrenty🙈🙉🙊

rick&flor. thank you all
    Rick11Flor practicing for retirement. Everyday is a new day and I try to live it to the max.
    We (DW and I) travel to distant lands three or more months per year now looking for a Outlaw to take the Spyder along.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick11Flor View Post
    I can't tell you over this forum but it is still on going and I think I will end up with a 14 with free warrenty������

rick&flor. thank you all
    And that is another part of the problem problem IMHO. Some people are having confidential settlements with BRP. My state does not have a motorcycle lemon law.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave,
    I HOPE that you're not faulting him for that...
    Wouldn't you take a new bike, if it was offered?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Dave,
    I HOPE that you're not faulting him for that...
    Wouldn't you take a new bike, if it was offered?
    Absolutely That isn't the point Bob very few are getting that kind of treatment but many have the same issues. I can't even get BRP to even try to resolve my open case over gas drips on the garage floor. That case is over a year old.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Absolutely That isn't the point Bob very few are getting that kind of treatment but many have the same issues. I can't even get BRP to even try to resolve my open case over gas drips on the garage floor. That case is over a year old.
    I think if proven that some "special" people got new bikes, that will open a can of worms for BRP....
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I know of someone who had their engine replaced by BRP (no model or year can be mentioned) and this person is under a gag order from BRP not to post it on social media. This is what they do. They pick and choose, make settlements, and then impose gag orders if you want resolution. Hell of a way to run a company.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    I think if proven that some "special" people got new bikes, that will open a can of worms for BRP....
    "Got" is probably not the right word to use nor is "special".
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    You are absolutely correct. I know of someone who had their engine replaced by BRP (no model or year can be mentioned) and this person is under a gag order from BRP not to post it on social media. This is what they do. They pick and choose, make settlements, and then impose gag orders if you want resolution. Hell of a way to run a company.
    I would think that that is a pretty typical way of running a company. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and those who squeak the loudest get the most grease. Just life.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Amen brother...If this comes forward, especially in court, if true, it will be brutally difficult to hide or defend. As of now, I bet that program has stopped.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    "Got" is probably not the right word to use nor is "special".
    Semantics.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Words", is all that we have in here...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My 2012 RT Limited also has fumes emitting from it after a ride and I must leave garage door open for long periods after a ride to limit fumes in my garage. Even while sitting between rides it emits a gas fume smell but not as strong as after a ride. I do not over fill my tank I stop filling when handle of gas pump clicks off. I have had pressure at times when unscrewing gas cap also. I received and replaced with new cap as per BRP refitting of gas caps still have same issues.

Spyder Garage

Just a word from the investigator. Although he is glad to receive emails you MUST go to the NHTSA website to file a complaint not by emailing him.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Owners
    Last edited by Magdave; 10-28-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Post herewego

I did file a complaint, my right to do so...but I believe this thread will soon be locked and closed soon. similar thread already done so.
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    I did file a complaint, my right to do so...but I believe this thread will soon be locked and closed soon. similar thread already done so.
    I think you are right.
    I just talked with investigator and sent more information.

We don't know what we don't know...

2013 RT Limited
    2012 RT-622 Trailer

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    did you hear about the guy that got aids in his eye, he also got it from looking for love in all the wrong places... sorry i had to hijack the post for that one
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crazyspyder View Post
    The other post got closed by Lamont due to the posts about organizing a lawsuit. Stay off that subject and this should stay open!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black