Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I got my Spyder back!

Update! BRP must of read my thread. My Service Advisor Kevin Smith at Performance Power Sports in Seneca, SC. really did a great job for me. When BRP was having the tech. Joshua Phillips doing testing on the first replacement part from BRP. Kevin stopped the testing and told BRP to send a new part ASAP. They received the new late Monday, Kevin called me Tuesday, everything new part was working and I went to get it and drove it home, and it ran great. I'm HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! After I come back from the Smoky Mountain Spyder Rally this weekend I'm going to have Performance Power Sports in Seneca, SC. do the front tire rotation and a Laser Alignment. I found a good dealer finely.

Mike

Spyder Garage

glad they got you up and running so quickly

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!

skip the tire rotation but get the alignment that is worth it. They may be doing them at the event...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Great to hear,Mike. Hope to see you in Fontana.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with Chupaca, skip the tire rotation but definitely get an alignment.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    skip the tire rotation but get the alignment that is worth it. They may be doing them at the event...
    The tire rotation helps extend the tire life from 25% to 40%. I kept track of the ones that did rotate to the ones that didn't.

Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ROTATION

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I agree with Chupaca, skip the tire rotation but definitely get an alignment.
    ...........If your tires are not wearing Evenly there is a Problem.......You really need to fix the Problem......Not put a Bandaid on it.....Because if you Rotate your now , you will have to rotate every set you ever buy for that Spyder...............If you get your Spyder Lazar aligned you will get much better milage from your tires , and the Spyder will Handle better.........................Rotating tires is not cheap, and has the potential of Damaging the Rim every time you have it done...........This is not just my opinion but the opinion of EXPERTS ....................Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Good to hear you got your bike back....Tyre rotation v. Ann's great alignment service?
    Get BOTH!!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are back on the road.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...........If your tires are not wearing Evenly there is a Problem.......You really need to fix the Problem......Not put a Bandaid on it.....Because if you Rotate your now , you will have to rotate every set you ever buy for that Spyder...............If you get your Spyder Lazar aligned you will get much better milage from your tires , and the Spyder will Handle better.........................Rotating tires is not cheap, and has the potential of Damaging the Rim every time you have it done...........This is not just my opinion but the opinion of EXPERTS ....................Mike
    Mike,
    When I changed the BajaRon anti-sway bar and the 2012 RT shocks it gave me a little negative camber in the turns, measured it(before & after). So they wear more on the inside of the front tire and I have 10,000 miles on the tires after changes. I know a stock 2011 RS-S with stock setup wear evenly. I take measure the tread every 5,000 miles. If your like me and run a lot twisty roads you should grease your frontend every 3,000 miles, otherwise every 6,000 miles. I use Amsoil grease. I'm going to upgrade when my extend warranty in 2016 runs out, if the 2016 ST has the ACE engine. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeinGA; 10-28-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Mike,
    When I changed the BajaRon anti-sway bar and the 2012 RT shocks it gave me a little negative camber in the turns, measured it(before & after). So they wear more on the inside of the front tire and I have 10,000 miles on the tires after changes. I know a stock 2011 RS-S with stock setup wear evenly. I take measure the tread every 5,000 miles. If your like me and run a lot twisty roads you should grease your frontend every 3,000 miles, otherwise every 6,000 miles. I use Amsoil grease. I'm going to upgrade when my extend warranty in 2016 runs out, if the 2016 ST has the ACE engine. That's IMHO.

Mike
    ......Mike I'm not a suspension expert ( )....But there are no Camber adjustments on / for the Spyders......So I don't think they can actually get out of adjustment...( unless suspension is damaged )......IMHO if you have wear issues ...it's related to ....TOE-in or TOE- out.......Maybe PMK can help out on this one or Ron.........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-29-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ......Mike I'm not a suspension expert ( )....But there are no Camber adjustments on / for the Spyders......So I don't think they can actually get out of adjustment...( unless suspension is damaged )......IMHO if you have wear issues ...it's related to ....TOE-in or TOE- out.......Maybe PMK can help out on this one or Ron.........Mike
    Mike
    When I changed my RS-S shocks that were at position 5 on the spring setting to 2012 RT shocks at position 2 on the spring setting and when we ride 2 up the Spyder is lower causing the negative camber and little less caster (very little). Due to the negative camber I get a little less tire roll over and better handling in the twists. I had a vintage 1963 Austin Healy Sprite and that had no caster or camber adjustments. To adjust the camber I modified the upper shock arm bushing with an off set bushing and I needed to change the caster I would raise or lower the rear of the car I would change the coil over springs. I have no suspension damage. The manual tells you to rotate the tires when the is at 4mm.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mike, will the dealer in Seneca do an alignment "while you wait," with an appointment ?

Don't want to get stuck out of town, with no return ride home, if the can't / won't do the work when scheduled. Don't mind the 2+ hour ride up, and another to come home...nor sitting on my butt for an hour or two waiting for the alignment to be done. Just want a good reference for a dealer, as to timeliness completion of scheduled appointments...
    Regardless of the Avatar...call me "kliff," please Formerly VRCC # 1761
    2012 Neutron Green RS-S