Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Changed the oil and now in LH mode.

Its not my first clam bake. Ive changed my oil as usual but this time the limp home mode is being diplayed. Dont know why. Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Any codes?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Codes

I know one code must be for the brakes and I was going to bleed them right after the oil change but low and behold, something new. The 2 codes I have are P0524 and C1282.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oil pressure and brake failure low pressure ! Thanks Roger for Spydercodes. Great recommended app for all Spyder riders.
    C1282
    Brake failure (low pressure detected).

Possible hydraulic brake circuit leak.

Check hydraulic brake circuit for a possible fluid leak
    Last edited by Netminder; 10-20-2014 at 05:14 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Doc

Thanks Doc.... In limp mode it wouldn't go up to 4000 RPM but I opened the throttle and about 20 seconds later, the RPM's shot right up. Problem solved. Just need to work on the brakes and install my newly configured Voodoo shotgun exhaust. Yes that right, on an RT but modified with turndown tips and heat shields.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A trick the guys @ Pitbull showed us @ Lamont's BBQ. Hold the throttle wide open & press the start button. You can crank up the oil pressure w/o starting the engine!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you are changing your oil are you pouring in the 3 quarts, starting up, the topping off with that last quart or so? Or are you just dumping in all the oil?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    When you are changing your oil are you pouring in the 3 quarts, starting up, the topping off with that last quart or so? Or are you just dumping in all the oil?
    When I changed the oil a couple of weeks ago I dumped in 4 qts into the tank, except it didn't quite all fit. Started to spill out of the fill hole. Had to run the engine for a few seconds to move oil from the tank to the engine. So I would suggest that with the pre-2014 Spyders you put in no more than about 3 1/2 qts, run the engine, and then top it off. Use the trick above to get the oil pressure up before starting the engine.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup. If you add to much oil to the tank for that first start it doesn't want to build oil pressure as easily.
    I do 3 quarts, start the bike and let it idle for a min or 2. Shut down and add my 4th quart. Done. Never had any issues.