Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    I live in the state of Wa and see unmarked police cars pulling folks over all the time. I think I will check and see if that is ok or not. I have a couple of friends that are officers or retired officers and will ask them. BTW the guy that pulled over the officer is a local activist so I have heard.
    Yes, it does appear he is a local activist. See post #2 for his personal blog site.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After reading this; I'm even more convinced that this head is just looking for a soapbox, and 15 minutes of fame...
    Ignore him, and he'll go away...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob if what he is stating is true & those paid to uphold the law are violating it then why are you upset at him?
    I am more upset at those who are paid by my tax dollars that don't follow the law. When i get a speeding ticket it is
    because i was speeding, i don't like it but i know it is probably true. If i feel the law is wrong then i would have to
    write to my congressman if he is not out on a rented yacht with our tax payer dollars in a wife swapping party.
    As an insurance broker you know the laws aren't always fair but for now they are legal & i'm sure you follow them
    when writing a policy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You should ride more, and worry less...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OMG

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    Bob if what he is stating is true & those paid to uphold the law are violating it then why are you upset at him?
    I am more upset at those who are paid by my tax dollars that don't follow the law. When i get a speeding ticket it is
    because i was speeding, i don't like it but i know it is probably true. If i feel the law is wrong then i would have to
    write to my congressman if he is not out on a rented yacht with our tax payer dollars in a wife swapping party.
    As an insurance broker you know the laws aren't always fair but for now they are legal & i'm sure you follow them
    when writing a policy.
    .....Do you really believe this CLOWN knows more about the LAW than all the AGENCIES using un-marked vehicles. The financial liability is HUGH, so I doubt for that reason alone there are any city, county, or state agencies that are going to leave themselves OPEN to Lawsuits based on His information.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    After reading this; I'm even more convinced that this head is just looking for a soapbox, and 15 minutes of fame...
    Ignore him, and he'll go away...

Unfortunately, there are many others out there that believe they know the law and will push the limits.
    I don't know the in's and out's of law to argue with an officer.

These videos are over the top and I did not title them.

Spyder Garage

This one made the news.

Full Video of this conversation

Spyder Garage

bob i try to ride as much as i can which still isn't a lot but i worry that our country is falling apart. My dad fought for the idea's
    that the U.S. was founded on, freedom, many of my friends served in vietnam for the same ideals, anyone who spends their
    own time or life on american values i respect them. our police do the same but they are paid, at least in metro ny very very well
    to do so in the tune of over 100k a year plus benefits like medical & pensions that would be considered a lottery win. i am not
    griping but i don't want public servants to think they are exempt from the laws they are well paid to enforce.
    The reason i worry is because a small minority of those with power abuse it every time they feel like it with little regard toward
    their responsibilities to the tax payers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with you in theory; the raality here, is that this moron is also NOT making any friends within the Department...
    Do you think that they might keep a bit closer-eye on the radar, when he's going through Town?
    Or watch a bit closer for the proper use of turnsignals?
    Or maybe even check to make sure that he's not weaving within his lane?

By trying to embarass the Police Department; he may very-well have put himself right at the table, for the -sandwich that they'll be more than happy to feed him.

This was NEVER about the law; it was about embarassing the Department... I hope he gets what he's earned.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you can tell by manerisms when on a phone & remember the cop didn't say anything when he walked away from my friends
    car. If push comes to shove phone records could be checked.
    P.S. if why would an officer use a phone not his radio if it were for work?
    Bad guys use police radio monitor to get away and this is one reason why bad guys are not caught.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Laws are laws and all should abide with no exceptions.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with you in theory; the raality here, is that this moron is also NOT making any friends within the Department...
    Do you think that they might keep a bit closer-eye on the radar, when he's going through Town?
    Or watch a bit closer for the proper use of turnsignals?
    Or maybe even check to make sure that he's not weaving within his lane?

By trying to embarass the Police Department; he may very-well have put himself right at the table, for the -sandwich that they'll be more than happy to feed him.

This was NEVER about the law; it was about embarassing the Department... I hope he gets what he's earned.
    While I agree that this guy was trying to make a point at the expense of the police officer, just when DOES it become about the law, and not embarrassing the department? Also, if the officer WAS in the wrong, according to the state, then wouldn't the police behavior you mention become more than simply enforcing the law?
    If we bow to the officials simply because of their title, then we may as well just burn the Constitution right now. Our country was conceived on the rights of the people, and if the ones in power decide to abuse their power, it IS our job to call them out, and deal with it.

Spyder Garage

you can tell by manerisms when on a phone & remember the cop didn't say anything when he walked away from my friends
    car. If push comes to shove phone records could be checked.
    P.S. if why would an officer use a phone not his radio if it were for work?
    to talk to a citizen who refuses to answer his radio. I just don't get it. Some citizens are so rude that way. A simple Po-lice man just trying to eek out a living, without breaking his back. And the lazy citizens won't even answer their radio calls. It's enough to make one go back to dance class!
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    While I agree that this guy was trying to make a point at the expense of the police officer, just when DOES it become about the law, and not embarrassing the department? Also, if the officer WAS in the wrong, according to the state, then wouldn't the police behavior you mention become more than simply enforcing the law?
    If we bow to the officials simply because of their title, then we may as well just burn the Constitution right now. Our country was conceived on the rights of the people, and if the ones in power decide to abuse their power, it IS our job to call them out, and deal with it.
    If this actually bothered me enough to make a point of it...
    ...I'd have gone to the Police Department, and spoken to the folks in charge about it directly... behind closed doors.
    When confrontational tactics are used; there are no winners.

Spyder Garage

You should ride more, and worry less...

I agree Bob

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If this actually bothered me enough to make a point of it...
    ...I'd have gone to the Police Department, and spoken to the folks in charge about it directly... behind closed doors.
    When confrontational tactics are used; there are no winners.
    My point wasn't to defend the guy. He had an agenda, I agree...

My question is to what extent can officials abuse power before we speak up?

This case was the unlawful use of an unmarked car - most of us don't care
    What if it had been illegal search and seizure? What then? "Well, it wasn't my house, and they got a bad guy off the streets"...

We can keep moving the line of what is acceptable or not to the point that we wake up and have no rights anymore... They're not being taken away, we are willfully giving them up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I said: Take it to the Office... Discuss it with the man in charge; the LEO on the street, is doing what he has been told to do.

Spyder Garage

bob i agree with your point but i expect if you went to the precinct they would blow you off and just think you are a
    troublemaker . the way he did it let's the cop know & everyone else aware of what might be a breach in law enforcement
    in that area. you may not like the way he did it but if he is right in the law then maybe it is the officers that should better know their limitations. don't shoot the messenger even though i always do.