Spyder Garage

Default Kelly blue book value

With the new F3 coming out I was interested in seeing what my STS-SE5 might get me in a trade in or selling outright. KBB didn't list SE5, but for the STS-SM5 it said I would get a "whopping" $10,900. Now add back the SE5 and I have to think that would be at least $13,000. Selling outright was a couple grand more and I have a few extras so I was thinking $16,000 to sell outright. Does anyone have "real" experience to share? Does this seem accurate?

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

check NADA and the local listings or ebay and craigs list to see whats out there... also for sale here...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    With the new F3 coming out I was interested in seeing what my STS-SE5 might get me in a trade in or selling outright. KBB didn't list SE5, but for the STS-SM5 it said I would get a "whopping" $10,900. Now add back the SE5 and I have to think that would be at least $13,000. Selling outright was a couple grand more and I have a few extras so I was thinking $16,000 to sell outright. Does anyone have "real" experience to share? Does this seem accurate?
    This is new in Kalamazoo, Mi
    2013 Can-Am® Spyder® ST SE5 $13499.00
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Crap!

Spyder Garage

Wow

Nothing holds value much anymore.

Gotta find that one right person to make a good sale.

Spyder Garage

I'd wait 6-9 months for all those unhappy F3 owners trying to unload one and get a deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by golfsferr View Post
    Crap!

Sorry, Leaders Marine has some good buys on leftover stock.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I'd wait 6-9 months for all those unhappy F3 owners trying to unload one and get a deal.
    Ouch! I'm not "drinking the kool aid" yet, but I definitely want to ride one. It doesn't interest you at all? I admit it does look different, however I think the silver F3S with the red trim is nice. But my is running and handling very well and cool now and the depreciation is a bit much, so I'm not itching that much to pull the trigger on one. If I pile of money falls in my lap then I might reconsider

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, its the wrong time of year (winter) and you'll be
    fighting the "dreaded heat issue" of the '13's. Plus there's still
    a fair number of '14's sitting on dealer floors; even some '13's, all going with discounted prices.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Unfortunately, its the wrong time of year (winter) and you'll be
    fighting the "dreaded heat issue" of the '13's. Plus there's still
    a fair number of '14's sitting on dealer floors; even some '13's, all going with discounted prices.
    This isn't the best time of year, to try and sell a bike...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here in Colorado the used ST's 2013 are going for 15k to 16k but they have been sitting on Craigslist for months. Spyders are hard to sell privately and even at non-spyder dealerships they sit and usually go to auction. They are still pretty unique for people to want to buy I think and the non-spyder dealers don’t know much about them to give a good sales pitch. The Spyder dealers themselves don’t want the used spyders because they still have the new ones sitting on the floor.

Motorcycles in general drop in value super fast and the market is flooded with used ones on Craigslist.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The first year is always going to take a big hit that is why i bought my '13 off lease.

Spyder Garage

The 2013 model year seems to be presenting some "valuation" issues due to the actual and perceived "issues" with the model year. ST's seem to be hit the most.

You have a model that is not currently "in demand" versus a model that seems to be generating high interest and demand. That leads to a scenario that is not good for the owner of the 2013.

If you are going to trade, the dealer is going to want to make $2,000 or so above what they give you. That is going to put you in the "scary" trade in value area.

Lots of hassle to sell outright also. You have to deal with the public and make sure you get your money, etc.

If you have the means, then, it depends on how much hassle you are willing to take selling it, or how much hit you are going to take on moving to another model and year.

Not the perfect solution above, just some information of conditions you are going to encounter. I do hope that you can come up with a satisfactory solution.

I do believe that if you trade and take a hit, that a year from now, it will not seem so painful. The new ACE 1330 engine is a winner so far.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info everyone. I wasn't really looking to sell it anytime soon I was just starting to consider the idea that's all. At least I know now what lies ahead if I choose to sell.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Worth the trip

Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord Michigan sells all there trade in's to the Canadians. About 18 months ago they gave me a great trade price in on a 11 GS for a 12 RTL. I am not sure how it all works out, but apparently the Canadians are not allowed to move new vehicles over the border. Used vehicles can move freely across the border. With the exchange rate, Canadian dealers and privet individuals shop the American market for next to new vehicles, buying at very advantageous pricing for them. Again this was my experience, and do not understand the total process, but it worked for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Looks like this is a base ST and not ST-S
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
    Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord Michigan sells all there trade in's to the Canadians. About 18 months ago they gave me a great trade price in on a 11 GS for a 12 RTL. I am not sure how it all works out, but apparently the Canadians are not allowed to move new vehicles over the border. Used vehicles can move freely across the border. With the exchange rate, Canadian dealers and privet individuals shop the American market for next to new vehicles, buying at very advantageous pricing for them. Again this was my experience, and do not understand the total process, but it worked for me.
    Thanks, good to know!