Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I have been through Deal's Gap (Tail of the Dragon) many, many times. The fastest time I ever saw through that 11 miles was a guy on a yellow Goldwing. There was and may still be a video on Youtube somewhere that he shot. He used to ride behind other bikers and shoot video of them for money. So far as I know, he never lost anyone. Skill trumps equipment every time unless you are in that very small elite group of expert riders. I expect Lamont remembers who I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Both Lamont and Len from Pit Bull will probably disagree with that. It may be being billed as a Cruiser/HotRod

but it has a lower CoG and more useable torque and low down power so there is no reason that it won't keep up with

an RS through a set of bends.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    Impossible to change the riding position of the F3 to one similar to that of the RS and that is the point of contention. The F3 is a cruiser and will never be able to hang with an RS in the twisties.
    I'll take that bet. The F3 will smoke the RS in the twisties. I've owned them all and I know what speed I can run before the nanny kicks in and I'm running way past those speeds now with the F3. The fact that you're sitting in the bike and not on it is what makes the biggest difference.

Spyder Garage

I was up in Daytona last Friday and got to sit in the F3 (and also meet Lamont). While I didn't have a chance to ride it I was EXTREMELY impressed with the ergonomics of the bike...it felt great. I especially like that you can adjust the bars and pegs to suit your height. That being said, I DID move from a cruiser to my RT 3 years ago and I prefer the cruiser seating. But I don't know if I can live with the lack of storage on the F3, even with the tour pack.

I'll probably set up an actual ride with my local dealer later in the fall/winter.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

this was about my disappointment with the LOOK and riding position of F3 and also look of ST, not the performance.
    come on~~~ 2016^^

after 4 years of love and hate relationship with my rs with 60000 miles and 16 month of shop time( yes 16 month, spyder in shop) i finally got rid of my rs and have been wating for the next big thing for 2015 but my wait continues...

when asked about what i thought about spyder, i've always told them its the best ride ever when its not in shop
    Last edited by aka1004; 10-25-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Shop Time"...
    We once had a snowmbile like that: a 1973 Skiroule RTW... (Wankel-powered)
    It was a lightfoot climbing fool; but for every hour that we rode it, we probably spent two hours fixing something.
    The slide suspension broke in half... not across it; the LONG way!
    The steerinbg stem pivot tore loose from the chassis
    The primary clutch quit shifting while a buddy was riding it. He revved it to over 10,000 rpm and it blew up...

This would be a normal season's kind of carnage with it.
    When it did run; it was marvelous!

Sorry that this year isn't scratching your itch; let's all hope that next year does!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    this was about my disappointment with the LOOK and riding position of F3 and also look of ST, not the performance.
    come on~~~ 2016^^

after 4 years of love and hate relationship with my rs with 60000 miles and 16 month of shop time( yes 16 month, spyder in shop) i finally got rid of my rs and have been wating for the next big thing for 2015 but my wait continues...

when asked about what i thought about spyder, i've always told them its the best ride ever when its not in shop

16 months.....holy mackerel......Hopefully something comes along to tickle your fancy soon.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons