Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Another disappointing model year

Same rs with ugly colors added, another new model I don't like...
    If you like F3, good for you but it's just not for me. I don't like the look and I hate the ryding position.
    I guess there is always next year but I wonder if rs is being faded out. 8 years old, not much cosmetically change...
    Last edited by aka1004; 10-16-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Default Ah well..!!

like you say..maybe next year. But I don't think they will drop the RS from the line up. They sell well and as the younger crowds move in it will be the most affordable. It will become that entry level unit they keep talking about. Now with a beefier twin....wow..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Its hard to satisfy everyone and I can easily understand that you won't be the only RS ryder to be unhappy. My best guess is that you will see a significant update in the RS in model year 2015, especially if the "clown colors - pardon me but that is my opinion) aren't sufficient to attract the younger ryding crowd.. For the other side of the coin I have heard a number of people say they love the new colors....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agree with the ugly colors comments.

Spyder Garage

Look on the positive side. You get another year to save for that replacement
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDING POSITIONS

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    If you like F3, good for you but it's just not for me. I don't like the look and I hate the ryding position.
    I guess there is always next year but I wonder if rs is being faded out. 8 years old, not much cosmetically change...
    ...You HATE all 20 riding positions of the F-3 ...........That's a lot of HATE....................just sayin.......Mike

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I want to ride the F3 before I condemn it.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Look on the positive side. You get another year to save for that replacement
    I think I'll need more than one year.

Spyder Garage

The upside. If one really really wants to have some type of two or three wheeled conveyance, the market is currently bursting with options.

Most of us are a bit biased here about the . But I don't feel I would be stuck without a ride if 's were not available.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...You HATE all 20 riding positions of the F-3 ...........That's a lot of HATE....................just sayin.......Mike
    Mike,
    They mentioned the five different length rods for the brake linkage... (SE-6 models..)
    I smell a challenge for MikeGuyver; how many custom-length rods will you be making?

Spyder Garage

Hi 1004,

Re: ugly colors

First: To each his own.

I've been thinking about this whole color thingy for some time. Why doesn't BRP just have the dealers stock each plastic panel in a number of colors. Then when you order your Spyder ( or buy a used one ) you just tell the dealer what color panel you want where. They are rather easy to remove/install.

Simple solution and works for the Smart cars. Although, I don't think the Smart car dealers stock the panels.

Thoughts?????

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default IT'S IN THE MATH MULTIPLES

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike,
    They mentioned the five different length rods for the brake linkage... (SE-6 models..)
    I smell a challenge for MikeGuyver; how many custom-length rods will you be making?
    .................................................. ................Bob you are forgetting all the possible HANDLEBAR changes/choices this has to be in the equation.....20 may be a low number actually

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi 1004,

I've been thinking about this whole color thingy for some time. Why doesn't BRP just have the dealers stock each plastic panel in a number of colors. Then when you order your Spyder ( or buy a used one ) you just tell the dealer what color panel you want where. They are rather easy to remove/install.

Simple solution and works for the Smart cars. Although, I don't think the Smart car dealers stock the panels.

Thoughts?????

Jerry Baumchen
    Great idea in theory, but you would be lucky to find a dealer to carry extra panels, as the cost would be too
    great to cover the whole range, and if one colour doesn't sell, they are stuck with it. It would work if BRP
    supplied the parts to dealers on consignment and dealer pays as they use them. But I don't think BRP would
    do it.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

It stinks when people tell you to get over it, it is even worse when they do so because they have what they want. I feel your pain.

Just sayin'.................
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Impossible to change the riding position of the F3 to one similar to that of the RS and that is the point of contention. The F3 is a cruiser and will never be able to hang with an RS in the twisties.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi 1004,

Thoughts?????

Jerry Baumchen
    Ship the bikes to dealers bare bones, have all the colors in stock and you then lose no sales due to not having the color a customer wants. So if you stock 30 bikes, you can offer how ever many colors there are. BRP stocks dealers on consignment with the panels.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    It stinks when people tell you to get over it, it is even worse when they do so because they have what they want. I feel your pain.

Just sayin'.................

Spyder Garage

That's not an original quote, Bob! The Chicago Cubs have been using it for YEARS!!!!

Spyder Garage

I don't condem the F3, or RS, or RSS either. Some folks actually like them. None of them will replace the RT for functionality and 2 up comfort. The whole thing about this model year, is expanding the appeal. There will be some that will go to look at the F3, who never had an interest in our Spyders. Personally, I don't even have an interest in sitting on a F3 - it offers zero functionality for me.

However, there are those who just want a toy....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    That's not an original quote, Bob! The Chicago Cubs have been using it for YEARS!!!!
    I never said, that I was capable of independent and creative thought...

A Cubs Fan, huh...
    Remember 1969???

Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Bob, FWIW, I suspect the pegs are "keyed" into the frame in one of the positions. Yes they slide, but I speculate they are also locked. to prevent the pegs from drooping or accidentally moving while riding.

The smart design guy would have made a telescopic rod that accommodates all peg positions with one part.

Since the rod sees only tension, a tube in tube design with blts in shear and locknuts would have worked well.

BRP may be trying capture the custom fit at additional cost. Various bars, various fits, all badged as "customized"

I keep pretty quiet about the F3, certainly many will like and love it. I hope it is all they say, but really, for me, I just turn the page.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I figured that if his creative mind got a jumpstart on the situation; he'd work up something interesting...

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

As I understand it, the pegs can bolt into the frame in 5 different positions.

Spyder Garage

I just got my bike a little over a year ago and not really ready for a new one yet but a bigger power plant in a new RS could sway a up grade

Color for the 2015 RSS are a complete JOKE . Introduced a new bike for this year , RT got a complete overhaul last year, ST introduced only 2 years ago so understand why there is no changes there but the RS has essentially been unchanged since it's introduction other then some basic bolt on part change and a little different power curve , not anymore power just when the horsepower and torque curve start , with a less horsepower rating .

Talking to the dealer he said not even gonna order a RSS just due to the clown colors, didn't want it to sit there for more then a year.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links