Spyder Garage

Default Install cost for BRP trailer hitch?

Was at my dealer today to check on getting hitch installed. I know that BRP products are expensive. Cost of hitch is about $500.00. The service manager quoted $380.00 to install. He said the cost was high because hooking up the electrics takes a lot of time. This seems a little out of line to me, or am I wrong? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks..Art..>P.S. MY ride is a 2012 RT A/C..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last one I installed on an RT took me two hours, I charged $80 labor. The "hitch" is that you have to come to Northwest Arkansas to have me do it. I am five hours southwest of you.
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
    Was at my dealer today to check on getting hitch installed. I know that BRP products are expensive. Cost of hitch is about $500.00. The service manager quoted $380.00 to install. He said the cost was high because hooking up the electrics takes a lot of time. This seems a little out of line to me, or am I wrong? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks..Art..>P.S. MY ride is a 2012 RT A/C..

This should not be more than 1 1/2 hours labor.

An experienced mechanic could do it a little quicker, the wires are plug and play.

Call Pitbull Powersports or Lamonster Garage in Springfield MO.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

$500 for hitch install free.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    $500 for hitch install free.
    Installing the hitch is a 10 minute job and that is drinking a cup of coffee while doing it. The cost must be in wiring for the trailer if that is being done at the time of the hitch install. Still seems high for wiring though.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post
    when I got mine installed. The dealer said 2 hrs @ 85hr. But only charged me 1hr since I purchased the trailer from them at the same time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    Installing the hitch is a 10 minute job and that is drinking a cup of coffee while doing it. The cost must be in wiring for the trailer if that is being done at the time of the hitch install. Still seems high for wiring though.
    Installing the wiring harness was the first time I dealt with removing the tupperware. Quite a learning experience for me and anyone else in the area who hadn't heard those words before.