Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Check your wires for looseness, brake pads wear and fluid and to the dealer if persist.
    Yeah you're going to have to be a lot more specific, the Spyder has a LOT of wires in under the body panels.

How is one supposed to check the brake pads for wear? I push on the brake pedal, it stops no squealing or other strange noises or vibrations. With just over 7K miles I'd be surprised if the pads are bad already. Interestingly though, it no longer makes squealing noises when the brakes aren't being applied like it did when it only had 2K miles or so on it I'm not sure when exactly that finally ceased.

- Michael
    Last edited by Michael211_2000; 10-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quick update: I just went and checked with the trip B meter, and the light and "Brake Failure" message have been occurring at the 0.5 mile marker... of course, it didn't do it today for the 1st time in a week!

Ghost in the machine I guess? Maybe it just needed me to remove the brake reservoir caps for some reason... perhaps there was a built up vacuum in the reservoirs due to seasons changing? IDK, but that's the only thing I did to it today was take the caps off to better read the writing on them then put them both back on didn't add a drop of fluid to it now I get no alert (!) or message at that point in the road (there's a landmark beside the road, right at the 0.5 mile mark it turns out, so easy to know where this has been happening).

Checked brake pads while I had it in the sunlight for a few minutes while I was checking the brake fluid levels, and the pads look just fine I see plenty of material on them both sides each brake.

Thanks ya'll, will update if it happens again and go from there.

- Michael