Hi Siara,
Understand your situation completely. Had fibromyalgia myself and know the pain and fatigue you are going through. I put the kickstand down for good after a nice ride that went bad. Muscle memory and Guardian Angels got me safely home that day.

I like riding my own and don't like riding as a passenger. A few years went by, bought my Spyder and got my face back in the wind. Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Siara View Post
There's currently a black 2010 RT-S and a brown 2012 RT-Ltd for sale but both have the SE5 transmission. How are they compared to the newest model regarding shifting and fuel mileage? I'm really worried about spending all my savings towards a second-hand model and ending up with a 'lemon' as everyone seems to call them here.

Can you perhaps give me some feedback on the older models?
The SE5 is the paddle-shift transmission, easy on your hands. The pre- 2014 models had poorer fuel milage, but still a great Spyder. Personally, I would go for the 2012 RT-Ltd because it might be still under warranty. (Don't know how things work across the puddle...)

As for any being a 'lemon', are these RTs being sold at a dealership? If so, in my humble opinion, the dealership should warranty anything that is sold out of their store for a certain amount of time.

Sometimes people will buy a Spyder thinking it's cool, but don't put the miles on it to learn how to ride it correctly. Their loss is your gain.

Private Message sent...