Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Where to buy Kumho rear tire

Hey guys, tried to order the Kumho from Discount Tire online and they said they had checked with BRP engineers who would not recommend it so Discount Tire will not sell it for Cam Ams ( if you put that in as the vehicle.)

What vehicle can I put in that the tire will fit so they will sell it, or is there another source?

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default How about a...

....home made utility trailer?
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

just don't tell them what vehicle it is for

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Toyota Tacoma seems to work well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default OBVIOUSLY

OBVIOUSLY, BRP has an agreement with KENDA... and KENDA must be get'n piss'd off rite about now because a whole lot of us favor the KUMHO's...
    "hey KENDA, make a good tire, and they will come"....
    I'm almost ready to order my 3rd KUMHO... don't much care for any other brand at this point in time...
    dan p
    easley, sc
    spyd3r

Spyder Garage

I just got a Kumho from discount tire. I ordered it online. The required information included year, make, and model. So I gave them 2004 Toyota Tacoma. Got an email confirming the order then nothing. Called back after a week and was told that the order was marked as needing more information but someone in the website department had annotated that the phone was disconnected (it wasn't). The other information they wanted from me was 2 or 4 wheel drive, base model or some other models. They obviously have information on all this because I told him 2 whd and base model, so he informed me that the minimum inflation for that tire and vehicle was 36 psi and the maximum was also 36 psi.

Not sure what other vehicle uses that tire, but you want to know all the details of your imaginary vehicle when you talk to them.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

If you order 4 tires rather than one, I believe all this questioning BS goes away, so you might check with other folks in your area and band together
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2004 Base 2wd Tacoma... Got it!

Spyder Garage

Default No questions asked if you buy on Ebay

They sell 2 tires for 168 and just type in the tire size. That's it, I just got confirmation, no shipping cost and they will be here Monday :-)

Spyder Garage

I could not find any one that had kumo tires in stockthe right size. I did find vee rubbertires from Nola wheels 504 846 4800 if you are interested.

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys
    trying with Toyota Tocoma

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ACTUALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    .................Anything from 1995 to 2004 2 wd will work ..................That's what I did ( because I actually have one ) ...........Because I ordered TWO the only grief ( sort of ) they gave me was to tell me I MUST MOUNT THEM ON THE SAME AXEL..........Of course all this occurred prior to whatever has gone on with BRP ( if anything ) ......................Mike ......................PS I now have one extra 225/50-15 Kumho Ecsta if anyone is interested.............Local pick-up ONLY ....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-15-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT A TIRE EXPERT

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I could not find any one that had kumo tires in stockthe right size. I did find vee rubbertires from Nola wheels 504 846 4800 if you are interested.
    ....................But you should know this ......................Vee Tires used the "KENDA " as their model when they designed THEIR tire ...............crap in crap out ...IMHO....Mike ..........Considering how many QUALITY auto tires are out there and for a LOT LESS money ......Why anyone would even consider V tires is beyond my understanding ..........just sayin

Spyder Garage

Default SEARS

SEARS carries the KUMHO AST's...... SEARS is located in most every major city... skru DISCOUNT TIRE, drive over to your local SEARS store, or call them and order from them...
    dan p
    easley, sc
    spyd3r

Spyder Garage

I just bought my Kumho from Discount about 3 weeks ago and told them exactly what it was going on. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lean & Mean

Spyder Garage

Unless they changed policy the salesperson did you a favor, I tried calling in and I told the truth they refused to sell to me. Here is my confirmation from EBay yesterday. If any one needs one that is near my area (Lynden WA) I have one I will sell, other wise I will hold for the next change which is hopefully several years down the road, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps we need somebody to call Discount Tire, and find out just what they're being told; and by whom!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Unless they changed policy the salesperson did you a favor, I tried calling in and I told the truth they refused to sell to me. Here is my confirmation from EBay yesterday. If any one needs one that is near my area (Lynden WA) I have one I will sell, other wise I will hold for the next change which is hopefully several years down the road, lol.
    Since they sell them for $81 each the extra $6 must be to cover the free shipping
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default tire

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    Hey guys, tried to order the Kumho from Discount Tire online and they said they had checked with BRP engineers who would not recommend it so Discount Tire will not sell it for Cam Ams ( if you put that in as the vehicle.)

What vehicle can I put in that the tire will fit so they will sell it, or is there another source?
    I put a Nitto nt450 205/55/15 on the rear at 5600 mi. I now have over 9300 mi. on the bike with no real ware on the tire. I run 26psi to 28 and have good traction in wet and dry conditions. the tire is a hi performance tire 87V rating. and is less than a 1/4 of an in. narrower. diameter is the same as the stock tire. went to local tire place and only told them the tire and size I wanted. took to my local dealer and they installed it for me with no complaints. good luck.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

"i have a 1967 impala lowrider with air shocks & 15x8 dayton wire wheels, would you like a photo?"

Spyder Garage

I didn't even bother with Discount Tire; I had it delivered to my front door:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QL6DWS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took the rear off the bike and brought them to the dealer to have installed and balanced. That was easy enough for me.
    Last edited by revjvegas; 10-16-2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: correct link to the tire I purchased

Spyder Garage

Default wont work

Toyota Tacoma seems to work well...
    I tried to use Tacoma sale looked to go through but got a call said this tire is not rated for that,so I google the tire size and what cars it fit. don't remember which I used now, but purchased 2 tires I strongly suggest you order 2 looks better. DISCOUNT TIRES is really watching this to cover their own a##.which is understandable
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

are you ordering tires BOB
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....................But you should know this ......................Vee Tires used the "KENDA " as their model when they designed THEIR tire ...............crap in crap out ...IMHO....Mike ..........Considering how many QUALITY auto tires are out there and for a LOT LESS money ......Why anyone would even consider V tires is beyond my understanding ..........just sayin
    MY DEALER INFORMED ME THE VEE TIRE DOES NOT MEET THE PROPER WEIGHT RATINGFOR THE RT. THEY HAD NO PROBLEM WITH MOUNTING THE KUHMO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mob133 View Post
    are you ordering tires BOB
    I've got one at my Tire Guy's already...

Netzley Tire: A Site Sponsor in here!

But it NEVER hurts, to cultivate other options.