Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vee rubber

Spyder Garage

Default vee rubber

can anybody give me feed back on the vee rubber arachnid tires? I just put new ones on my rt and am hopeing for better mileage thanthe stock kenda.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

...There have been some problems reported with them......and some of them were not rated for use with the RT ......hope you didn't get one of that Batch ...Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From what has been reported in here; there are concerns about the tire's ability to hold up to to loads put on it by a fully-loaded RT...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 3 BRANDS

I recommend 3 brands of tires for all SPYD3RS.....
    1. KUMHO
    2. KUMHO
    3. KUMHO
    other than those... there's nothing else that i will mount on my wheels...
    btw: not only do i have 3 on my SPYD3R, i also have KUMHO's on my Infinity, Camry and '77 Chevy... and can't say enough good about them....
    dan p
    easley, sc
    spyd3r

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Already mounted and balanced? Probably a little to late to research at this point, no? Run em' til they are balled...

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info. I tried to get the kumo several places they were all on back order. I went for the vee rubber cause kenda only gives me 8-10 000 miles at 179 two to three times a year plus mounting and balanceing adds uppretty fast.

Spyder Garage

I'm also curious about these tires so I searched the forum and it seems that some guys here have good experience with them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My understanding is that these tires got two thumbs down from Lamont and Len.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that Ann also tried them...

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is that the vee rubber tire that everyone was raving about when i first joined?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It probably is...
    Initially; it looked promising.
    I have no experience on their tires; you should probably check with the folks who were menttioned in the previous threads.
    They can give you the "Report From The Saddle", that matters!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    thanks for the info. I tried to get the kumo several places they were all on back order. I went for the vee rubber cause kenda only gives me 8-10 000 miles at 179 two to three times a year plus mounting and balanceing adds uppretty fast.

The reports that I read that would concern me the most is that they can spin on the wheel. Mark the side of the tire by the valve stem and keep an eye on it. Hopefully you do not have that issue.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I can't see them spinning on the rim on me I don't do burn outs, and keep the tire presher up. I going to run them and see. any body else want to get one or a set call Nola wheels in new orlenes at 504-846-4800

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    The reports that I read that would concern me the most is that they can spin on the wheel. Mark the side of the tire by the valve stem and keep an eye on it. Hopefully you do not have that issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barryhn View Post
    I'm also curious about these tires so I searched the forum and it seems that some guys here have good experience with them.

Mike has mounted and sold 52 since July...everyone super happy and getting excellent mileage...Ann Meyers has a rear Arachnid on since July and has logged 9,000 miles on it so far...and that is NOT the new prototype...it is the original 225/R15...."the one that supposedly slips"...she states "It has not slipped"...In fact we called everyone NO ONES slipped but one person in VA. and I don't know how it was mounted...I know they have a good tire here

And the good news is it is a motorcycle tire,,,The insurance companies are starting to get wind of car tires on Spyders and are refusing to honor the accident claim...there is more info to come

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update...
    WHICH insurance companies???

Spyder Garage

Default SCARE TACTICS

Quote Originally Posted by FLAspydergirl View Post
    Mike has mounted and sold 52 since July...everyone super happy and getting excellent mileage...Ann Meyers has a rear Arachnid on since July and has logged 9,000 miles on it so far...and that is NOT the new prototype...it is the original 225/R15...."the one that supposedly slips"...she states "It has not slipped"...In fact we called everyone NO ONES slipped but one person in VA. and I don't know how it was mounted...I know they have a good tire here

And the good news is it is a motorcycle tire,,,The insurance companies are starting to get wind of car tires on Spyders and are refusing to honor the accident claim...there is more info to come
    ....And BRP will void the warranty on your Spyder if any added pieces/parts are not stamped "BRP" and we all know how valid that is !!!!!.....................I suppose if I were selling tires I might ( and I stress " MIGHT " ) be tempted to use scare tactics to increase sales ......but I don't think so .........IMHO,Mike

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FLAspydergirl View Post
    The insurance companies are starting to get wind of car tires on Spyders and are refusing to honor the accident claim...there is more info to come

Sorry but my BS o meter just pegged the scale. Please provide link to news article or insurance company documentation showing denial of claim based on this reason. I do not believe it exists as it would have to prove the tire WAS the cause AND that the owner of the policy had a reasonable knowledge that the tire WOULD cause such a problem. Not gonna happen.

Please quit trying to use scare tactics to sell inferior tires that do not meet the weight requirements for the Spyder RT. Chinese tires at that.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....And BRP will void the warranty on your Spyder if any added pieces/parts are not stamped "BRP" and we all know how valid that is !!!!!.....................I suppose if I were selling tires I might ( and I stress " MIGHT " ) be tempted to use scare tactics to increase sales ......but I don't think so .........IMHO,Mike
    No scare tactics here...we don't make enough money on Arachnids so it is not our number one priority...laser sales are,,,all we offer is the truth

And because we are not associated with BRP we can give a honest opinion of "aftermarket "tires...we just hate to see any tire bashed when the rumors of slippage just can't be true...Mike has mounted a 1000 Hoosier racing tires over the last 20 years so he knows a little bit about tires...we should ask Ron Netzley...he is a tire guy

Just saying the Arachnids are good tire and they are made for Motorcycles...IMHO...FYI got to see a Slingshot last night...interesting

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Sorry but my BS o meter just pegged the scale. Please provide link to news article or insurance company documentation showing denial of claim based on this reason..
    Welllll....
    I came across an article from May, 2012; stating that in England, this could be a viable reason for denying a claim.

But nothing here in the States... so far!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What characteristics as a motorcycle tire make it different than a car tire?

Spyder Garage

Default JUST A GUESS

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    What characteristics as a motorcycle tire make it different than a car tire?
    ..........99.99 % Have rounded bottoms ....JMHO ......Mike

Spyder Garage

OOOOOh, I like rounded bottoms......

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I could believe that the insurance companies could reject a claim for "non-motorcycle" tires. Their primary goal is to save the company money and that would be a sure way to NOT pay a claim. They are now getting your cell-phone records as well to make sure you were not texting in a accident, that's another way out. Don't fool your self thinking they won't check,.. if something happens and they have to pay a claim they WILL check or the other guy's insurance company will. State Farm did a free motorcycle check on my Goldwing a few years back and it failed because of a "darkside" Kumho on the back of it!
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE