Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also prefer my alcohol over ice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cool E15

I liked your post, and I do believe it has an effect on all of us Spyder riders, along with the rest of the country. We should all be this involved in issues like this. Kudos to you for putting it out there. Keep it up.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default E15

Doesn't look like you got much of a reply to me . You ask about E15 and get a form letter rant about coal fired electricity . The last time I checked it was refineries that made gasoline . Typical response from a congressman . ( P.S.......don't forget to sign up for his newsletter ).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Keeping my opinions to myself here.
    Not me. I am voicing my opinions LOUD AND IN CAPITAL LETTERS. If someone doesn't like it, they can just go pound sand.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"I also prefer my alcohol over ice... "

...But I'll take it in lower case letters, and quietly...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "I also prefer my alcohol over ice... "

...But I'll take it in lower case letters, and quietly...
    I prefer Jim Beam neat.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    Not me. I am voicing my opinions LOUD AND IN CAPITAL LETTERS. If someone doesn't like it, they can just go pound sand.
    GOTCHA, I LIKE J. D. NEAT. Ohhhhh, Ohhhhh! Another disagreement.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-17-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    GOTCHA, I LIKE J. D. NEAT. Ohhhhh, Ohhhhh! Another disagreement.
    If we mixed 'em we'ed have Jack & Jim extra neat.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    Humm. OK, your opinion.

In Kansas, farmers and ranchers, as long as they own at least 10 acres of 'agriculture' land, do not pay any significant property taxes. (I can't speak for Minnesota.) The Kansas Welfare Queens pay, on average, less than $25 an acre.

Curious, what do you pay in property taxes, per acre, for your farm/ranch land? Don't confuse the question with your home, etc.

Joe T.
    Seriously? Here are the facts on Kansas real estate taxes straight from the state's own website. Seems to me agri-land pays some of the highest rates in your state. Only utility use pays a higher rate.

According to Kansas statute, real property is land and all buildings, fixtures, improvements, mines, minerals, quarries, mineral springs and wells, rights and privileges appertaining thereto, except as otherwise specifically provided.

How is real property classified and assessed in Kansas?

Article 11, Section 1 of the Kansas Constitution provides that: Real property shall be classified into seven subclasses and assessed uniformly by subclass at the following assessment percentages:

1. Real property used for residential purposes including multi-family residential real property and real property necessary to accommodate a residential community of mobile or manufactured homes including the real property upon which such homes are located..11.5%
    2. Land devoted to agricultural use which shall be valued upon the basis of its agricultural income or agricultural productivity pursuant to section 12 of article 11 of the constitution 30%
    3. Vacant Lots.12% (Res. or Commercial)
    4. Real property which is owned and operated by a not-for-profit organization not subject to federal income taxation pursuant to section 501 of the federal income taxation pursuant to section 501 of the federal internal revenue code, and which is included in this subclass by law..12%
    5. Public utility real property, except railroad real property which shall be assessed at the average rate that all other commercial and industrial property is assessed..33%
    6. Real property used for commercial and industrial purposes and buildings and other improvements located upon land devoted to agricultural use..25%
    7. All other urban and rural real property not otherwise specifically sub classified.30%

Note:
    Procedures used to determine appraised values for land devoted to agricultural use are beyond the scope of this publication.

Public utility and railroad property is state assessed and beyond the scope of this publication. Information in this publication does not apply to state assessed property.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hogrider46 View Post
    What does this have to do with spyders? Shouldn't this have gone in the Off Topic Board? It also seems kind of political to me and I don't think it should be on our forum.

Steve
    While this was posted in the wrong thread, I certainly do not see anything wrong with it. JMHO

Ethanol fuel additive, and most particularly E-15 is a very hot topic on just about any motorcycle, boating, and other recreational motor product site. It is a known fact E-15 will be harmful to each of these types of machines and people want to know any information about the subject matter -- especially how legislation is moving forward on the matter.

As mentioned, AMA and other respected organizations are working on making the legislators aware of the subject, and those who will be affected by it.

Members should, however, refrain from making any political comments/posts to the matter. That is where a thread like this can cross the line, at least the line of rules for Spyderlovers.com

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners