Spyder Garage

Default 1500 Posts. my new personal best. Is this a milestone ?

I know, compared to some here, 1500 posts in 4 years isn't even a blip.
    Still, I had about 30,000 miles on my 2010 RTS-SM5 in Timeless Black.
    I now own a 2014 RTS-SM6 in Timeless Black for about 6 weeks.
    This morning, I have about 2,200 miles on it.
    I can be comfortable again because my mileage is now higher than my post count.
    I bought it in East Haven CT at GSS Powersports. Thanks Stew. And Thanks Kevin for building my bike right. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else. And of course, thanks to Junior.

What I've done so far:
    Laser alignment, Spyderpops bump skid and new RonLinks for the factory sway bar all installed during the first week. Thanks rnet !
    For the 2014, the factory suspension seems more than adequate.
    I moved my Kumho rear tire from the 2010 to the 2014 when I bought it. Again thanks rnet for the tire.
    Xenon Depot HID kit. Thank you Doc-Riverside for your help while I installed the lights.
    Spyder Lyter front reflector and mud flap lights that I bought and had installed at SpyderQuest. Thanks Fred and Ann
    Billet Aluminum Windshield Control Arm. A BIG shoutout to noboot.
    Custom dynamics High Mount Brake Light and red Brightsides. The HMT I have installed as running light and brake light. Easy installation.
    I also installed some red arrows on the mirrors. I still can't see the green turn signal indicators on the dashboard.
    I bought the factory bluetooth dongle and headsets, all SENA equipment. I also bought the SENA SR-10 to connect up a CB radio. I'd like to thank finless Bob and Motorcycle Dave for their help.

I'd also like to thank stevedfive for his help on setting up the (now ancient technology) wired communication system on my 2010.

I only hope I've been able to offer a small portion of this help to others in return.

Further, I want to acknowledge SpydermanCT, Spydaman60 and xmanjr for being good friends IRL as well as on this forum.

Oh my God, I can't believe I wrote this. Geez, I didn't receive any damn award, just wrote some posts.
    It must be the drugs. I had oral surgery yesterday and I'm taking Vicodin. Look at the Pink Elephants on parade.
    My real goal was just to get the 1500th post written. I could have recited a poem by Andrew Dice Clay.

I'm ready for my close-up now Mr. DeMille.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Congrats,

It is always fun when you reach a goal

It's not about the number of posts, but about the enjoyment you get out of the ones you do
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default short list

You know,,,,it does take a long time to get over a thousand post. I've been here over 3 years. Of course I do much more browesing than posting as most do I suppose.
    I just upgraded from my '10 to a '14 last this week. Your upgrade list is impressive! For the short term my list is not that long. I am installing the corbin passenger arm rests that I removed from the '10. Also have put on the adjustable wind deflectors. will stick the trailer hitch on and cup holder, all from the 2010. New farkles? the main one will be the high mount brake light, gotta have some grapics (I like racing stripes) as soon as I decide on a color.
    Gonna take a jig saw to the windshield same as I did the '10 as I like to see over it and not looking through the edge when it is in the lowest position. Same as you, I will put turn blinkers on the mirrors. I had them on the '10 and really liked them. What type of blinkers did you put on your mirrors?
    Anyway, by spring it will be the way I want it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    What type of blinkers did you put on your mirrors?
    www.sportsimportsltd.com/ledtusiar.html

I got the kind that mount to the outside of the glass so I didn't have to remove the mirror from the housing for installation.

OOOPS, now I'm at 1501.
    I guess I need to keep plugging on until I get to 2000.......................
    Oh Well........................
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 10-11-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Try the Extra Strength Vicodin! The pink elephants on parade will be ryding spyders!!!th.jpeg
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on the mileage... and the post count!
    You always bring something good to the table!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well done..!!

anytime you better your best is a milestone. Who's to say at what point that is..?? mine is visual...certain numbers just look wrong.. been a busy farkeler congrats on the new ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

The Vicoden isn't what's talking, it's a seasoned SpyderLover that has come a long way through the trials and tribulations of a 2010, to the proud owner of a 2014. I've learned a lot from your experiences and I'm proud to share the road with you. Someday when we pack in this "job" thing" we can really get some riding time in!
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

on 1500 posts and the miles to go with it.

For me, its all about the miles, but I like visiting with my SL friends when I can. We have a six months down season here, so SL helps me keep my sanity.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red