Spyder Garage

Default Seat heat option

When looking at a aftermarket seat....what opinion is there out there on getting the seat heat option. I live in the prairies in Canada and as soon as ice melts on road Im riding....then till the snow starts staying in November. So I'm riding at times around the freezing mark. I was looking at the heated pants liner that will work with my heated vest.....thinking that would be better than a heated seat. Any thoughts ???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
    When looking at a aftermarket seat....what opinion is there out there on getting the seat heat option. I live in the prairies in Canada and as soon as ice melts on road Im riding....then till the snow starts staying in November. So I'm riding at times around the freezing mark. I was looking at the heated pants liner that will work with my heated vest.....thinking that would be better than a heated seat. Any thoughts ???
    For the RT BRP sells one. Also Corbin has that option on some of their seats. Motorcycle Dave (site sponsor) has kits for installing them to your seat.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have the heater units in stock

Hi Dave here
    I stock the seat heater units right here in California, not much need here for them but you folks
    who live in the cold country sure need them, I have the Heat Demon they are the best and you can
    install them your self into any seat they come as a single or a dual unit for front and back.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There are plenty of suppliers in Canada that carry the Heat Demon motorcycle seat warmer kits. However, if one of the Spyderlover sponsors carries this item at a comparable "delivered cost" then I would recommend you support that sponsor.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When it's that cold you will have all your thick gear on and can't feel the heat in the seat we have one spend your money on girbing liners instead and you will love them
    2 happy happy spyders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Heated seat? Hell No!

I went with the self help, RENS Sheepskin from IKEA...

I've never ever looked back... ;-)

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

when I rode in cold weather, it was not my seat nor plams that got cold. It was the shin, knees and theighs as well as the fingers and knuckles. Heated liners worked best for me. Now this is on bikes and the RS....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default All I can do is Smile for you

40's* in the morning? Hahaha, that must be horrible for you? ;-) 32*F is freezing... Soooo...

Does it sting when you laugh too? Hahaha J/K

Up here, We just grow an extra pair! around mid November, just in case... ;-)

Has anyone seen my neutered brass monkey?

When the smiling Rabbi said, 'It won't be long now.' ","
    Um, we all ran in different directions...

Chas

Spyder Garage

Buy a full sheepskin cover for the whole seat. I doubt you will actually need seat heat. If all else fails, buy a 2013.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    when I rode in cold weather, it was not my seat nor plams that got cold. It was the shin, knees and theighs as well as the fingers and knuckles. Heated liners worked best for me. Now this is on bikes and the RS....
    Ski bottom under wear and knee length socks work real well under the riding pants. I wear a heated jacket liner and some times heated gloves when it is below 50 degrees.

Jack

Last edited by jaherbst; 10-10-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    When it's that cold you will have all your thick gear on and can't feel the heat in the seat we have one spend your money on girbing liners instead and you will love them
    Gerbing
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Gerbing

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've got the top o' the line heated gear (Warmnsafe.com), sold all my gerbing to get them. I don't use the pant liners anymore though because even through thick leather pants the corbin heated seats will literally burn your a$$.

I'm going to get another heattroller and put it on the seat, right now I have to switch it off and then back on so I don't have burns.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n